Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All Options For Curry's Expiring

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    The trade of Curry for Okafor and Collison makes the most sence for both teams. N.O. get cap relief , we get a true starting PG and a real Center that can body up D.Howard and other "Big" Center's for us. Doesn't look to bad....

Collison/TD
    A.Marrow(I hope)/TD/Walker
    Gallo/Walker
    Lee (I hope)/Draft
    Okafor/Barron/Draft

Plus we would save a lot of cap space with this roster of NO MAX PLAYER CONTRACTS!

only if we can get collison.. a curry for okafor swap would be a bad idea... i mean okafor plays good d. but for 10pts 9rbs and 1.5 blocks.. i think he is overpaid. especially towards the end of his deal. we will be putting ourselve in a similar posstion with all those salaries.... doen't he have a history of back issues??? not sure...i think we can find a poor mans okafor in the draft/trade/ free agency... id rather have dasagana diop at half the price... im thinking maybe we can get peja and collison for curry and maybe chandler... only because im not sure what chandlers role will be if we got a lebron or gay to play the sf... i mean.. where do we play gallo???..off the bench im assuming..

I forgot, there is another trading option for Curry.

To Sacramento for Andres Nocioni. His contract is really bad but they would have to give us something else in return. I doubt they would give us their draft pick this year, #5 overall.

But maybe they would give us Beno Udrih. They have Tyreke Evans and would probably love to give us Beno if we took Nocioni's contract off their hands.

Plus, Nocioni would be a solid bench player and role player for us. Beno Udrih is a good PG and would fit well into our system.

Veteran

I like the DJ Augustin idea too. It might not work if the Bobcats don't re-sign Felton.

But at this point the Bobcats are pretty desperate to dump DeSagana Diop's contract for an expiring (he rarely plays for them anyway, and who knows, maybe he could come in and block some shots) so they might toss us Augustin...MIGHT...

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I forgot, there is another trading option for Curry.

To Sacramento for Andres Nocioni. His contract is really bad but they would have to give us something else in return. I doubt they would give us their draft pick this year, #5 overall.

But maybe they would give us Beno Udrih. They have Tyreke Evans and would probably love to give us Beno if we took Nocioni's contract off their hands.

Plus, Nocioni would be a solid bench player and role player for us. Beno Udrih is a good PG and would fit well into our system.
    i would do this, i just dont really like the lenght of beno's contract, with nocioni ....u are only commited for two years with a team option for the third.... beno is ok.. but a very week defender...

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Dude. I appreciate moderation and temperance. But you keep trotting out these rosters that save tons of cap and act not only as if it's a good thing, but some majestic wonder...

It'd be an EPIC-FAIL. We have the $$$$ and it's there for a reason. To spend. And in one of the most stacked classes ever.

Bold, powerful moves win right now. Not getting savagely raped for years...

Mortgaging a future of draft picks...

Only to be *****footed in a godly FA class when we -finally- have deep pockets....

Just so we can assemble a mediocre team with a hellacious terribad contract in Okefor while we clog up our PG slot that resembles a lone hole where we could possibly get a stud (Parker) by waiting "one more year".

I only throw this out there because I personally think that

1.we will not get LeBron
    2.we will not get Wade
    3.Bosh and Lee are equal in my book except Lee is cheaper
    4.Our glaring needs are a PG (Collison) and a real Center (Okafor)
    5.Joe Johnson is not max worthy and is getting old.
    6.Amare will be nothing without Nash
    7.Parker is injury prone, plays no D, isn't an assist man. (rather start TD!)

Now if we don't get any of the big names to sign here I don't see the sense of throwing $$$ at player's that aren't worth it. (ie. Layden, Zeke)

That's all

Superstar

I only throw this out there because I personally think that

1.we will not get LeBron
    2.we will not get Wade
    3.Bosh and Lee are equal in my book except Lee is cheaper
    4.Our glaring needs are a PG (Collison) and a real Center (Okafor)
    5.Joe Johnson is not max worthy and is getting old.
    6.Amare will be nothing without Nash
    7.Parker is injury prone, plays no D, isn't an assist man. (rather start TD!)

Now if we don't get any of the big names to sign here I don't see the sense of throwing $$$ at player's that aren't worth it. (ie. Layden, Zeke)

That's all
    Who gets Lebron if the Knicks don't get him? Are you really that confident he will choose Chicago over us? Cleveland and New Jersey are long shots at this point.

people really gotta stop putting bosh in their dream lineup without lebron....

cuz bosh has stated he's going where ever lebron is going.... if lebron does stay in clevland ...i see bosh join wade in miami

Originally Posted by dave2138
    Who gets Lebron if the Knicks don't get him? Are you really that confident he will choose Chicago over us? Cleveland and New Jersey are long shots at this point.

I don't think he's going to Chicago, I think he'll head to or stay at -

1. CLE
    2. N.J.
    3. L.A. (Clippers)

and then Chicago (and then us)..... Why do you think CLE and N.J. are longshots? CLE is home and N.J. has a pretty good cast of player's and the 3rd pick in the draft this year.
    Last edited by OriginalKnickGrandson; Jun 10, 2010 at 18:21.

The trade of Curry for Okafor and Collison makes the most sence for both teams. N.O. get cap relief , we get a true starting PG and a real Center that can body up D.Howard and other "Big" Center's for us. Doesn't look to bad....

Collison/TD
    Gallo/Walker
    Lee (I hope)/Draft
    Okafor/Barron/Draft

Plus we would save a lot of cap space with this roster of NO MAX PLAYER CONTRACTS!
    I like that idea. We would have a young good team.

why cant we let him play and see if his value goes up

Veteran

Cause if we sign a max free agent our goal is to WIN, and having Curry on our team means we're going to LOSE

His value is already ridiculously high for his ability given how valuable expiring contracts are in the NBA.

Superstar

I don't think he's going to Chicago, I think he'll head to or stay at -

1. CLE
    2. N.J.
    3. L.A. (Clippers)

and then Chicago (and then us)..... Why do you think CLE and N.J. are longshots? CLE is home and N.J. has a pretty good cast of player's and the 3rd pick in the draft this year.
    New Jersey is eliminated just for the reason that they are playing in Newark the next 2 seasons. I'll give you that they have the cap room to build a better team with Lebron than the Knicks do, but I think the fact that he has to play in Newark on a mainly young, unproven team for the next 2 seasons will defer him away from going there.

Cleveland being home is overrated and everyone knows that. He already made it clear that winning > hometown and Cleveland has the least opportunity to build a championship contender around Lebron for next season.

That fact that he grew up in Ohio is irrelevant. It does mean something that he played with that team for the past 7 years. Lets say Memphis got lucky in 2003 and won the lottery and got Lebron and he spent the last 7 years playing there...I think Memphis would be near the top of his list too because its comfortable. In that case I doubt he would consider Cleveland, despite it being his "hometown". In the end it comes down to fame + winning...New York or Chicago. I think it will be New York in the end.

Superstar

Collison/TD
    Gallo/Walker
    Lee (I hope)/Draft
    Okafor/Barron/Draft

They didn't give away Jordan Hill + 2012 1st round pick to not sign a Max FA. I don't see this lineup as being a realistic scenario otherwise all the moves made in the past 2 years were useless.

Superstar

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Cause if we sign a max free agent our goal is to WIN, and having Curry on our team means we're going to LOSE

His value is already ridiculously high for his ability given how valuable expiring contracts are in the NBA.

Not really...still going to have to give up a lot of talent with Curry to get anything worthwhile back.

Veteran

Either we sign a Max FA or we come DAMN close.

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to at least snag a few players here or there. I mean, even if we have the WORST luck possible in the 2010 FA season, what happens?

Say LeBron goes to Chicago, Wade stays in Miami, and Bosh goes to join Wade in Miami.

We're still left with Amare Stoudemire, David Lee, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson, and a whole bunch of other FAs. None of these may be maxes but if we can swing a deal to get Lee and Joe Johnson for about 13 mil each, it can STILL be considered a successful off-season...

In hindsight, not really worth dumping Jordan Hill for - but at the same time, the risk was necessary at that point. I mean, that could still be a pretty good team.

PG - Luke Ridnour
    SG - Joe Johnson
    SF - Gallo
    PF - David Lee
    C - Biedrins?

Yeah that's not an AMAZING team but it's a pretty decent team and it's at least a playoff team. Then the year after that we can add Carmelo Anthony to the roster, and then that team would be unstoppable to the point where even a LeBron/Rose or Wade/Bosh combo probably wouldn't be able to stop it.