All Options For Curry's Expiring

dave2138

Rotation player
I only throw this out there because I personally think that

1.we will not get LeBron
2.we will not get Wade
3.Bosh and Lee are equal in my book except Lee is cheaper
4.Our glaring needs are a PG (Collison) and a real Center (Okafor)
5.Joe Johnson is not max worthy and is getting old.
6.Amare will be nothing without Nash
7.Parker is injury prone, plays no D, isn't an assist man. (rather start TD!)

Now if we don't get any of the big names to sign here I don't see the sense of throwing $$$ at player's that aren't worth it. (ie. Layden, Zeke)

That's all

Who gets Lebron if the Knicks don't get him? Are you really that confident he will choose Chicago over us? Cleveland and New Jersey are long shots at this point.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
people really gotta stop putting bosh in their dream lineup without lebron....

cuz bosh has stated he's going where ever lebron is going.... if lebron does stay in clevland ...i see bosh join wade in miami

Who gets Lebron if the Knicks don't get him? Are you really that confident he will choose Chicago over us? Cleveland and New Jersey are long shots at this point.

I don't think he's going to Chicago, I think he'll head to or stay at -

1. CLE
2. N.J.
3. L.A. (Clippers)

and then Chicago (and then us)..... Why do you think CLE and N.J. are longshots? CLE is home and N.J. has a pretty good cast of player's and the 3rd pick in the draft this year.

Last edited:

CoolGuyC

Rookie
The trade of Curry for Okafor and Collison makes the most sence for both teams. N.O. get cap relief , we get a true starting PG and a real Center that can body up D.Howard and other "Big" Center's for us. Doesn't look to bad....

Collison/TD
A.Marrow(I hope)/TD/Walker
Gallo/Walker
Lee (I hope)/Draft
Okafor/Barron/Draft

Plus we would save a lot of cap space with this roster of NO MAX PLAYER CONTRACTS!

I like that idea. We would have a young good team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Cause if we sign a max free agent our goal is to WIN, and having Curry on our team means we're going to LOSE

His value is already ridiculously high for his ability given how valuable expiring contracts are in the NBA.

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't think he's going to Chicago, I think he'll head to or stay at -

1. CLE
2. N.J.
3. L.A. (Clippers)

and then Chicago (and then us)..... Why do you think CLE and N.J. are longshots? CLE is home and N.J. has a pretty good cast of player's and the 3rd pick in the draft this year.

New Jersey is eliminated just for the reason that they are playing in Newark the next 2 seasons. I'll give you that they have the cap room to build a better team with Lebron than the Knicks do, but I think the fact that he has to play in Newark on a mainly young, unproven team for the next 2 seasons will defer him away from going there.

Cleveland being home is overrated and everyone knows that. He already made it clear that winning > hometown and Cleveland has the least opportunity to build a championship contender around Lebron for next season.

That fact that he grew up in Ohio is irrelevant. It does mean something that he played with that team for the past 7 years. Lets say Memphis got lucky in 2003 and won the lottery and got Lebron and he spent the last 7 years playing there...I think Memphis would be near the top of his list too because its comfortable. In that case I doubt he would consider Cleveland, despite it being his "hometown". In the end it comes down to fame + winning...New York or Chicago. I think it will be New York in the end.

dave2138

Rotation player
The trade of Curry for Okafor and Collison makes the most sence for both teams. N.O. get cap relief , we get a true starting PG and a real Center that can body up D.Howard and other "Big" Center's for us. Doesn't look to bad....

Collison/TD
A.Marrow(I hope)/TD/Walker
Gallo/Walker
Lee (I hope)/Draft
Okafor/Barron/Draft

Plus we would save a lot of cap space with this roster of NO MAX PLAYER CONTRACTS!

They didn't give away Jordan Hill + 2012 1st round pick to not sign a Max FA. I don't see this lineup as being a realistic scenario otherwise all the moves made in the past 2 years were useless.

dave2138

Rotation player
Cause if we sign a max free agent our goal is to WIN, and having Curry on our team means we're going to LOSE

His value is already ridiculously high for his ability given how valuable expiring contracts are in the NBA.

Not really...still going to have to give up a lot of talent with Curry to get anything worthwhile back.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Either we sign a Max FA or we come DAMN close.

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to at least snag a few players here or there. I mean, even if we have the WORST luck possible in the 2010 FA season, what happens?

Say LeBron goes to Chicago, Wade stays in Miami, and Bosh goes to join Wade in Miami.

We're still left with Amare Stoudemire, David Lee, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson, and a whole bunch of other FAs. None of these may be maxes but if we can swing a deal to get Lee and Joe Johnson for about 13 mil each, it can STILL be considered a successful off-season...

In hindsight, not really worth dumping Jordan Hill for - but at the same time, the risk was necessary at that point. I mean, that could still be a pretty good team.

PG - Luke Ridnour
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Gallo
PF - David Lee
C - Biedrins?

Yeah that's not an AMAZING team but it's a pretty decent team and it's at least a playoff team. Then the year after that we can add Carmelo Anthony to the roster, and then that team would be unstoppable to the point where even a LeBron/Rose or Wade/Bosh combo probably wouldn't be able to stop it.

dave2138

Rotation player
nah forget about Carmelo Anthony. I think that was already proven on the other thread that its a long shot he'll be available next off season.

For me, anything less than Lebron is going to be looked at as a poor off season. Maybe that's high expectations, but I don't really see what Chicago or New Jersey can offer more than New York.

A Joe Johnson/David Lee off season should be what New Jersey is aiming for, not the Knicks.

They didn't give away Jordan Hill + 2012 1st round pick to not sign a Max FA. I don't see this lineup as being a realistic scenario otherwise all the moves made in the past 2 years were useless.

Sorry Dave I just don't share the same sense that were going to be able to convince any of the big name FA's to come and try to bring our great Knick's back to being one the top of the NBA franchise's.... just my personal opinion. I think Donnie's true intentions are in deed to sign some max guy's and bring NY back to the top of the leages best, but like I said I just don't see it playing out like that.

PS you didn't respond to Lebron going to the Clips :) , haha just playing:teeth: