Thread: Paul Pierce - You injury faking sl#t - Takes a shot at NY.

Hybrid View

Default Paul Pierce - You injury faking sl#t - Takes a shot at NY.

Celtics captain Paul Pierce believes it was important for Nate Robinson to escape the losing climate of the Knicks.

Pierce, taking a shot at New York, said Robinson needed a change of scenery after four-plus seasons with the Knicks.

"As a group, it's helping him a lot," Pierce told The Post.

"Seeing our habits on and off the court, he's understanding it's the better routine. When you get around a certain team and there's no discipline, you tend to go off on your own and do whatever you want. It's a lot different here. We're a championship team on and off the court. He's seeing it and learning from it."

Via New York Post

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I ****ing hate Boston and their poofy, a-hole, boo hoo, c()nt Captain Paul Pierce. Go Lakers. Anyone who backs this statement, remember:

Nate was in charge of his own actions then and now. Pierce is a **** sucker and deserves the chair for dissing NY.

"Quick! I need semen and a banana"

I don't like the Celtics, and I don't really care for Pierce, but I agree 120% with everything he said. It's the absolute truth and every real knick fan knows this.

The Knicks have turned into some kind of mickey mouse organization that will serve as a case study in business schools for how organization's are run horribly wrong.

On a related note.....

Who gives a ****?
    Bill Walker is still better.

While i friggin despise the celtics, Peirce is right. The culture and atmosphere of championship caliber teams is much different then what we have currently in NY. Look at what Pops has done in San Antonio. Look at Boston, LA, and Orlando.

These are teams that not only have the talent but also embody the swagger and work ethic of champions. They go into every game believing they can and will win. And for the most part they do. They are constant contenders and make annual trips into the deep rounds of the playoffs.

Bill walker commented on it when he was traded to NY. The atmosphere was completely different from boston and he felt that he not only brought his skills but also that championship demeanor to the locker room. It's not a coincidence that Nate is playing very well in the playoffs with boston and making less of those mistake he made in a knicks jersey.

I really hope the deals happen this summer to bring the swagger back to NY.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    While i friggin despise the celtics, Peirce is right. The culture and atmosphere of championship caliber teams is much different then what we have currently in NY. Look at what Pops has done in San Antonio. Look at Boston, LA, and Orlando.

These are teams that not only have the talent but also embody the swagger and work ethic of champions. They go into every game believing they can and will win. And for the most part they do. They are constant contenders and make annual trips into the deep rounds of the playoffs.

Bill walker commented on it when he was traded to NY. The atmosphere was completely different from boston and he felt that he not only brought his skills but also that championship demeanor to the locker room. It's not a coincidence that Nate is playing very well in the playoffs with boston and making less of those mistake he made in a knicks jersey.

I really hope the deals happen this summer to bring the swagger back to NY.
    Exactly. Sometimes I think this board is full of children

Default Pierce is right, Nate is better off

honestly i hate paul pierce, how much he flops, and his whole team and city as much as the next NY fan but Pierce was right. Mike D coached Nate poorly, he sat him constantly then made him a a starter then sat him again, Mike D had no clue what to do with Nate. The only advice he had for him was to just "do his thing" which usually resulted in Nate jacking up three's.

Nate is in a better spot in Boston and he plays very well with good players around him unlike playing with the Knicks team of sucky players.

Nate learned by being in Boston that he has to control himself and play more like a PG by distributing, in NY he was a shoot-first PG that had bad shot selection. Now with Boston he is trying to learn from the veterans around him and is prob nervous to miss shots were in NY with MIke D letting guys jack it up, Nate never thought about how him missing shots would hurt the team.

Discipline is non-existent with Mike D, he is so open and let's players do whatever they want which is not discipline. It's freedom, but coaches are on a team to put a halt to over confident players trying to do too much.

Default pierce'd va'gina

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    honestly i hate paul pierce, how much he flops, and his whole team and city as much as the next NY fan but Pierce was right. Mike D coached Nate poorly, he sat him constantly then made him a a starter then sat him again, Mike D had no clue what to do with Nate. The only advice he had for him was to just "do his thing" which usually resulted in Nate jacking up three's.

Nate is in a better spot in Boston and he plays very well with good players around him unlike playing with the Knicks team of sucky players.

Nate learned by being in Boston that he has to control himself and play more like a PG by distributing, in NY he was a shoot-first PG that had bad shot selection. Now with Boston he is trying to learn from the veterans around him and is prob nervous to miss shots were in NY with MIke D letting guys jack it up, Nate never thought about how him missing shots would hurt the team.

Discipline is non-existent with Mike D, he is so open and let's players do whatever they want which is not discipline. It's freedom, but coaches are on a team to put a halt to over confident players trying to do too much.
    Totally agreed. Benching N8 and keeping him benched was and always will be D'amntoni's modus operandi. His D'oghouse of horrors, irregardless of whether the player can help the team, it's No-D'ant's way or the benchway. Doc Rivers knew enough to play N8 versus Orlando to clinch the Eastern Championship, yet Mr. Pringles kept N8 benched vs Orlando the week after N8 scorched Team Superman in typical N8-4th quarter theatrics. I will never forget that ignorant stupidity. The non-disciplined freedom of D'anteater in his SSOL "offense is better than defense" mentality is what separates losers from winners.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Totally agreed. Benching N8 and keeping him benched was and always will be D'amntoni's modus operandi. His D'oghouse of horrors, irregardless of whether the player can help the team, it's No-D'ant's way or the benchway. Doc Rivers knew enough to play N8 versus Orlando to clinch the Eastern Championship, yet Mr. Pringles kept N8 benched vs Orlando the week after N8 scorched Team Superman in typical N8-4th quarter theatrics. I will never forget that ignorant stupidity. The non-disciplined freedom of D'anteater in his SSOL "offense is better than defense" mentality is what separates losers from winners.

So let me get this straight, Doc Rivers is smart for playing Nate only because Rondo injured his back and D'Antoni is ignorant and stupid for benching Nate??

Nate was benched for the first two rounds and almost the entire time he has been a Celtic.

You do know that Nate would not have seen a minute of playing time if it wasn't for Rondo being injured? Kudos to Nate for taking advantage of the opportunity when it became available. I am happy for him. But he will eventually revert to his jackass ways and will be benched again.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So let me get this straight, Doc Rivers is smart for playing Nate only because Rondo injured his back and D'Antoni is ignorant and stupid for benching Nate??

Nate was benched for the first two rounds and almost the entire time he has been a Celtic.

You do know that Nate would not have seen a minute of playing time if it wasn't for Rondo being injured? Kudos to Nate for taking advantage of the opportunity when it became available. I am happy for him. But he will eventually revert to his jackass ways and will be benched again.
    u have not been watching Knick Basketball for the past 5 yrs
    Although, u be writing in game threads your TV has to be broke.
    Practically every Knick player reverted into jackass ways 10 times more than N8 since Isiah took over.
    There is no single pointing on any of the Knick players during Isiah & Dantoni's tour.

Who was better at the PG spot for the Knicks?
    A) Marbury
    B) Crawford
    C) Duhon
    D) Nate
    The last and longest winning streak (6) the Knicks had Nate Robinson was our starting/finishing PG for all 6 games.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u have not been watching Knick Basketball for the past 5 yrs
    Although, u be writing in game threads your TV has to be broke.
    Practically every Knick player reverted into jackass ways 10 times more than N8 since Isiah took over.
    There is no single pointing on any of the Knick players during Isiah & Dantoni's tour.

Who was better at the PG spot for the Knicks?
    A) Marbury
    B) Crawford
    C) Duhon
    D) Nate
    The last and longest winning streak (6) the Knicks had Nate Robinson was our starting/finishing PG for all 6 games.
    So are you denying that Nate was benched by Doc Rivers for practically the entire 2nd half of the season and the first two rounds of the playoffs?

I think your mind is broken.

Hypocrites are being exposed.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Jun 09, 2010 at 21:57.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

Although I am not a fan of D'antoni some people just can't read between the lines with the Nate situation.

Nate had a clause in his contract of X games = 1 or 2 million bonus. In all likelihood he was benched for that duration of time so that whoever we traded him to could play him the majority of the time from trade deadline to the playoffs without swallowing the extra cost.

It worked, we traded him for a really nice prospect in Bill Walker. He might not be a 40ppg every 6 months player but he has a better overall impact imo.