Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Paul Pierce - You injury faking sl#t - Takes a shot at NY.

  1. #1
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Paul Pierce - You injury faking sl#t - Takes a shot at NY.

    Celtics captain Paul Pierce believes it was important for Nate Robinson to escape the losing climate of the Knicks.

    Pierce, taking a shot at New York, said Robinson needed a change of scenery after four-plus seasons with the Knicks.

    "As a group, it's helping him a lot," Pierce told The Post.

    "Seeing our habits on and off the court, he's understanding it's the better routine. When you get around a certain team and there's no discipline, you tend to go off on your own and do whatever you want. It's a lot different here. We're a championship team on and off the court. He's seeing it and learning from it."

    Via New York Post

    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    I ****ing hate Boston and their poofy, a-hole, boo hoo, c()nt Captain Paul Pierce. Go Lakers. Anyone who backs this statement, remember:

    Nate was in charge of his own actions then and now. Pierce is a **** sucker and deserves the chair for dissing NY.




    "Quick! I need semen and a banana"

  2. #2
    Member KNICKMATIC809's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC BABII
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    5

    Default


  3. #3
    Member KNICKMATIC809's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC BABII
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    5

    Default


  4. #4
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I don't like the Celtics, and I don't really care for Pierce, but I agree 120% with everything he said. It's the absolute truth and every real knick fan knows this.

    The Knicks have turned into some kind of mickey mouse organization that will serve as a case study in business schools for how organization's are run horribly wrong.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default






    On a related note.....


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Who gives a ****?
    Bill Walker is still better.

  7. #7
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    While i friggin despise the celtics, Peirce is right. The culture and atmosphere of championship caliber teams is much different then what we have currently in NY. Look at what Pops has done in San Antonio. Look at Boston, LA, and Orlando.

    These are teams that not only have the talent but also embody the swagger and work ethic of champions. They go into every game believing they can and will win. And for the most part they do. They are constant contenders and make annual trips into the deep rounds of the playoffs.

    Bill walker commented on it when he was traded to NY. The atmosphere was completely different from boston and he felt that he not only brought his skills but also that championship demeanor to the locker room. It's not a coincidence that Nate is playing very well in the playoffs with boston and making less of those mistake he made in a knicks jersey.


    I really hope the deals happen this summer to bring the swagger back to NY.

  8. #8
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    While i friggin despise the celtics, Peirce is right. The culture and atmosphere of championship caliber teams is much different then what we have currently in NY. Look at what Pops has done in San Antonio. Look at Boston, LA, and Orlando.

    These are teams that not only have the talent but also embody the swagger and work ethic of champions. They go into every game believing they can and will win. And for the most part they do. They are constant contenders and make annual trips into the deep rounds of the playoffs.

    Bill walker commented on it when he was traded to NY. The atmosphere was completely different from boston and he felt that he not only brought his skills but also that championship demeanor to the locker room. It's not a coincidence that Nate is playing very well in the playoffs with boston and making less of those mistake he made in a knicks jersey.


    I really hope the deals happen this summer to bring the swagger back to NY.
    Exactly. Sometimes I think this board is full of children

  9. #9
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I'm not really convinced. Sure what he's saying makes sense but there are plenty of players on the Knicks that don't just go and do whatever they want on the court, because they have discipline.

    Nate has still been pretty inconsistent for the Celtics, half of his games have been very poor, the other half good. His game 2 performance was really nice though.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Nate hasn't gotten enough minutes from the Celtics for the Celtics to know just how inconsistent he is.

    Give him a few more starts and they'll be like "hmmm...15 points off the bench one night, 0-8 the next?"

    Pierce has a point though. The Knicks don't act like winners, they don't behave like winners, they don't have a winners' mindset.

  11. #11
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Exactly. Sometimes I think this board is full of children
    I don't like the Celtics, and I don't really care for Pierce, but I agree 120% with everything he said. It's the absolute truth and every real knick fan knows this.
    Real Knick fans? You've advocated Reggie Miller over the Knicks AND agree with Pierce.

    Congratulations! You're a quasi Knick fan.

    A roster full of throw away contracts, as a result of Isiah's bumbling idiocy, and a coach that doesn't like inconsistent players that should be in the circus. What the **** kind of atmosphere do you expect in the wake of a wave of ****?

    Every Knick player bar Gallo, Will and Douglas knew they were on the way out. It manifested itself in to another ****ty mess. An unfortunate but necessary evil of getting the franchise back to square one.

    Go and swap jerseys

  12. #12
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Meh... **** Paul Pierce's opinion.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Nate hasn't gotten enough minutes from the Celtics for the Celtics to know just how inconsistent he is.

    Give him a few more starts and they'll be like "hmmm...15 points off the bench one night, 0-8 the next?"

    Pierce has a point though. The Knicks don't act like winners, they don't behave like winners, they don't have a winners' mindset.
    Nate has never been inconsistent.
    Our Knick starting lineup and six coaches for the previous 7 straight seasons has been inconsistent.
    What players were in the Celtics starting lineup in the 2007-8 FINALS?
    does the Celtics have the same starters in the 2009-10 FINALS?
    do u think the Celtics starters would accept CP3 over Rondo in this FINALS?
    Damn! its just to many Knick-Fans hating the truth.

    Ponders....said it best in this post:

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    While i friggin despise the celtics, Peirce is right. The culture and atmosphere of championship caliber teams is much different then what we have currently in NY. Look at what Pops has done in San Antonio. Look at Boston, LA, and Orlando.

    These are teams that not only have the talent but also embody the swagger and work ethic of champions. They go into every game believing they can and will win. And for the most part they do. They are constant contenders and make annual trips into the deep rounds of the playoffs.

    Bill walker commented on it when he was traded to NY. The atmosphere was completely different from boston and he felt that he not only brought his skills but also that championship demeanor to the locker room. It's not a coincidence that Nate is playing very well in the playoffs with boston and making less of those mistake he made in a knicks jersey.

    I really hope the deals happen this summer to bring the swagger back to NY.

  14. #14
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Real Knick fans? You've advocated Reggie Miller over the Knicks AND agree with Pierce.

    Congratulations! You're a quasi Knick fan.

    A roster full of throw away contracts, as a result of Isiah's bumbling idiocy, and a coach that doesn't like inconsistent players that should be in the circus. What the **** kind of atmosphere do you expect in the wake of a wave of ****?

    Every Knick player bar Gallo, Will and Douglas knew they were on the way out. It manifested itself in to another ****ty mess. An unfortunate but necessary evil of getting the franchise back to square one.

    Go and swap jerseys
    When the fuk did i advocate reggie miller OVER the Knicks? Never happened. And I care more about the Knicks than is considered healthy. It's called tough love. Father's know what I'm talking about.

  15. #15
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Wasn't Paul Pierce on the worst team in the league just a few years ago? Suddenly now he is the expert on winning? I don't know, maybe having two all-stars come and rescue him makes him an expert.

Similar Threads

  1. GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: Mar 05, 2008, 20:06
  2. Vince Carter to the Knicks?
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2008, 18:04
  3. Last 7 seasons of the Knicks graphed out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2008, 14:18
  4. Paul Pierce a Knick???
    By Starks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2005, 02:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •