Paul Pierce - You injury faking sl#t - Takes a shot at NY.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

I kinda see it as:

A team of high level output players with a common goal AND previous success to refer to - that'll take zero shit from anyone that doesn't adhere to their collective goal -----

VS

A team whose players are well aware that they're stop gaps and are widely regarded by fans as such. Playing in NY can't have been easy, but it's only ever been (say it again) a necessary evil for a team that had to dig its way out of a long drop.

Uninspired players playing with the Lebron sweepstakes constantly wafting through their ears.

CoolClyde

pierce'd va'gina

honestly i hate paul pierce, how much he flops, and his whole team and city as much as the next NY fan but Pierce was right. Mike D coached Nate poorly, he sat him constantly then made him a a starter then sat him again, Mike D had no clue what to do with Nate. The only advice he had for him was to just "do his thing" which usually resulted in Nate jacking up three's.

Nate is in a better spot in Boston and he plays very well with good players around him unlike playing with the Knicks team of sucky players.

Nate learned by being in Boston that he has to control himself and play more like a PG by distributing, in NY he was a shoot-first PG that had bad shot selection. Now with Boston he is trying to learn from the veterans around him and is prob nervous to miss shots were in NY with MIke D letting guys jack it up, Nate never thought about how him missing shots would hurt the team.

Discipline is non-existent with Mike D, he is so open and let's players do whatever they want which is not discipline. It's freedom, but coaches are on a team to put a halt to over confident players trying to do too much.

Totally agreed. Benching N8 and keeping him benched was and always will be D'amntoni's modus operandi. His D'oghouse of horrors, irregardless of whether the player can help the team, it's No-D'ant's way or the benchway. Doc Rivers knew enough to play N8 versus Orlando to clinch the Eastern Championship, yet Mr. Pringles kept N8 benched vs Orlando the week after N8 scorched Team Superman in typical N8-4th quarter theatrics. I will never forget that ignorant stupidity. The non-disciplined freedom of D'anteater in his SSOL "offense is better than defense" mentality is what separates losers from winners.
loser_toni.jpg

loser_tony.jpg

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Totally agreed. Benching N8 and keeping him benched was and always will be D'amntoni's modus operandi. His D'oghouse of horrors, irregardless of whether the player can help the team, it's No-D'ant's way or the benchway. Doc Rivers knew enough to play N8 versus Orlando to clinch the Eastern Championship, yet Mr. Pringles kept N8 benched vs Orlando the week after N8 scorched Team Superman in typical N8-4th quarter theatrics. I will never forget that ignorant stupidity. The non-disciplined freedom of D'anteater in his SSOL "offense is better than defense" mentality is what separates losers from winners.
loser_toni.jpg

loser_tony.jpg

So let me get this straight, Doc Rivers is smart for playing Nate only because Rondo injured his back and D'Antoni is ignorant and stupid for benching Nate??

Nate was benched for the first two rounds and almost the entire time he has been a Celtic.

You do know that Nate would not have seen a minute of playing time if it wasn't for Rondo being injured? Kudos to Nate for taking advantage of the opportunity when it became available. I am happy for him. But he will eventually revert to his jackass ways and will be benched again.

Kiyaman

Legend
So let me get this straight, Doc Rivers is smart for playing Nate only because Rondo injured his back and D'Antoni is ignorant and stupid for benching Nate??

Nate was benched for the first two rounds and almost the entire time he has been a Celtic.

You do know that Nate would not have seen a minute of playing time if it wasn't for Rondo being injured? Kudos to Nate for taking advantage of the opportunity when it became available. I am happy for him. But he will eventually revert to his jackass ways and will be benched again.

u have not been watching Knick Basketball for the past 5 yrs
Although, u be writing in game threads your TV has to be broke.
Practically every Knick player reverted into jackass ways 10 times more than N8 since Isiah took over.
There is no single pointing on any of the Knick players during Isiah & Dantoni's tour.

Who was better at the PG spot for the Knicks?
A) Marbury
B) Crawford
C) Duhon
D) Nate
The last and longest winning streak (6) the Knicks had Nate Robinson was our starting/finishing PG for all 6 games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wasn't Paul Pierce on the worst team in the league just a few years ago? Suddenly now he is the expert on winning? I don't know, maybe having two all-stars come and rescue him makes him an expert.

Im not crazy about Pierce. Kiya been a 40 year hater of Boston.
But Pierce turned the Celtics (back) into a playoff team.
Pierce has been one of the 5-top deadliest players in the 4th quarter throughout his NBA career.
His athleticism/IQ/leadership made him the top player of the BIG-3.
To hate Pierce is one thing, but to not know he is one of the Top-10 players in the league alongside of Kobe & Duncan is .................

Starks

Starter
Over the Knicks was a poor choice of words. But you gave props to the enemy. As you did with Pierce. You can say there are children on this site, but backing Pierce against your own team and calling Miller "the Ric Flair" of basketball makes you mutinous swine in my eyes.

Haven't you ever had a direct sporting enemy of your own? Or are you just high and perpetually mellow?

Give no props to the enemy.:wwf:

What does it mean that i ALWAYS hated that piece of shit Ric Flair? Your not going to get anywhere trying to make it seem like I'm in favor of anything over the Knicks since it is not true, so save your energy because your wasting your time. But to use to the WWE analogy, we all hated flair when we were young. He made us cry when he stole Elizabeth from Macho Man and we all wanted to kill him everytime he won a belt.

But what happened next?

We grew up. We got older and wiser and learned more about what happened behind the scenes in the lockeroom. We heard about how horrible "good guy" wrestlers were in their personal lives and how they really didnt give a shit about anything but a pay check. Then we started to appreciate the "bad guys" The Jeff Jarretts, The Ric Martels, and of course the most evil bad guy of them all: Ric Flair. We learned about showmanship and playing to a crowd, and general entertainment theory. Then when it was his last match, many of us even got teary eyed seeing a piece of our childhood walk away. Much like, um, well, hmmm, i don't know, Reggie's last game at MSG when the older Garden crowd cheered him on hysterically and gave him one of the loudest standing ovation's since Ewing's jersey night.

I hated Ric and Reggie just as much as anyone. Shit, I even got suspended from school for nearly 2 weeks for setting fire to his jersey in the school yard of Holy Rosary School.

But now, in my older, much more pragmatic and jaded age, tarnished by a decade of complete failure, disgust, and embarrassment from the Knicks franchise of this decade, I realized how much of a showman/entertainer/star Reggie was. The Knicks are so bad now that they don't even have a rival anymore, let alone a "Knick Killer" like Tim Hardaway, Jordan, or Reggie. Those "bad guys" gave us the best Knick games ever and though we didn't always win, we were all being treated to memories kids of today never have had yet.

So yea, I stand by 100% of everything I say on this board because 95% of the time I'm absolutely correct and fair in my assessments.

Starks

Starter
Oh and Crazy8, re: this Paul Pierce thing;

Let's remove the name "Paul Pierce" from the equation and dig deeper into this.

Basically what player X is saying about Nate is that he's in a better situation and he's learning from a championship team how the game is played. He's saying Nate came from a toxic environment that was detrimental to his career. Also, lets factor in that he's proving to be quite serviceable in the playoffs in a bench role.

Now what Knick fan is going to disagree with this posit? I'd say out of real fans that know basketball, I'd say less than 10% would disagree.

Now add the name "Charles Oakley" inplace of player X.
Now add "Charles Barkley"
Add "Walt Frazier"
For the fun of it, add that weirdo nut job "Stephon"

See how the player saying this affects the source material?

What you have to do is remove Paul Pierce's name from that quote and then judge.

Who gives a **** what Pierce thinks, or who even said this? It's an accurate statement.

Pierce is in the playoffs, he's not worried about attacking Knick fans. We don't have any real contemporary rivalry with Boston other than the simple fact that they are in our division. Our beef with them comes from historical, geographical, and social/racial seeds before our time.

So again, I stand by everything I said; as usual.

Starks

Starter
Over the Knicks was a poor choice of words. But you gave props to the enemy. As you did with Pierce. You can say there are children on this site, but backing Pierce against your own team and calling Miller "the Ric Flair" of basketball makes you mutinous swine in my eyes.

Haven't you ever had a direct sporting enemy of your own? Or are you just high and perpetually mellow?

Give no props to the enemy.:wwf:

Sports enemies?

Stepon Marbury
Jordan
Reggie (but as I mentioned, I loved to hate him and appreciate it now)
Anyone on the Yankees
Zo & Tim
Soon to be LeBron when he doesn't come to NYC
Hanley Ramirez
Jimmy Rollins
Chipper Jones
Brett Favre
Chad Johnson (refuse to call him by his stupid fake name)
Tyrell Owens

Actually IDK why I'm typing this. You guys know me, and you all I ever do is complain. It's not hard to figure out I have a lot of sports enemies.

Thats enough typing for tonight, now I'm off for Wings and Brew @ Wild Wings. Peace fellas

smokes

Huge Member
loser_toni.jpg

loser_tony.jpg

Although I am not a fan of D'antoni some people just can't read between the lines with the Nate situation.

Nate had a clause in his contract of X games = 1 or 2 million bonus. In all likelihood he was benched for that duration of time so that whoever we traded him to could play him the majority of the time from trade deadline to the playoffs without swallowing the extra cost.

It worked, we traded him for a really nice prospect in Bill Walker. He might not be a 40ppg every 6 months player but he has a better overall impact imo.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
u have not been watching Knick Basketball for the past 5 yrs
Although, u be writing in game threads your TV has to be broke.
Practically every Knick player reverted into jackass ways 10 times more than N8 since Isiah took over.
There is no single pointing on any of the Knick players during Isiah & Dantoni's tour.

Who was better at the PG spot for the Knicks?
A) Marbury
B) Crawford
C) Duhon
D) Nate
The last and longest winning streak (6) the Knicks had Nate Robinson was our starting/finishing PG for all 6 games.

So are you denying that Nate was benched by Doc Rivers for practically the entire 2nd half of the season and the first two rounds of the playoffs?

I think your mind is broken.

Hypocrites are being exposed.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Im not crazy about Pierce. Kiya been a 40 year hater of Boston.
But Pierce turned the Celtics (back) into a playoff team.
Pierce has been one of the 5-top deadliest players in the 4th quarter throughout his NBA career.
His athleticism/IQ/leadership made him the top player of the BIG-3.
To hate Pierce is one thing, but to not know he is one of the Top-10 players in the league alongside of Kobe & Duncan is .................

I never said he wasn't one of the best players in the league. Just saying he should keep his mouth shut about the Knicks. He was part of a losing culture in Boston for many years.

If it wasn't for a complete overhaul of his team (kind of like what Donnie is trying to do) he would still be on the worst team in the league. Remember? The Celtics were the worst team in the league 3 years ago. And everybody was calling for Doc Rivers to be fired.

Get your facts straight.

Kiyaman

Legend
I never said he wasn't one of the best players in the league. Just saying he should keep his mouth shut about the Knicks. He was part of a losing culture in Boston for many years.

If it wasn't for a complete overhaul of his team (kind of like what Donnie is trying to do) he would still be on the worst team in the league. Remember? The Celtics were the worst team in the league 3 years ago. And everybody was calling for Doc Rivers to be fired.

Get your facts straight.

I recall that F....ing losing culture Celtics team blowing us out in our home opener. Not to mention going to the Eastern Conference Finals with the Nets.
And facts is ......
it wasnt Doc Rivers job that was in jeopardy, it was bum President Danny Ainge job that was open for hire, untill ex-teammate Keven Mchale bailed him out.

The number one statement Paul Pierce made were "we (Knicks) are still a losing atmosphere organization", more so now then before.
That statement stands out the most in our hunt for a few decent FA this summer. Making it obvious that the FA market look at getting "paid" in New York, not being a part of a winning organization. Read greedy Boozer comments on becoming a Knick.

We gave up multiple first round picks b/c headcoach Damntoni is more personal than Isiah Thomas and Larry Brown put together. com'on I wouldve rather traded a no-playing Eddy Curry for a no-playing Mobley for two seasons.
Zbo (20-10) expiring contract right now is 100 times better to have on the trading-block this big 2010 FA summer than a 2 season nonplaying Eddy Curry.

Yeah, lets get the FACTS straight...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I recall that F....ing losing culture Celtics team blowing us out in our home opener. Not to mention going to the Eastern Conference Finals with the Nets.

And what's the main difference between all of those winning/losing seasons?

Players!! The talent surrounding Paul Pierce!! Doc Rivers was there the whole time. So, in order to remove a losing culture, you bring in winning players.

The similarities between Boston 3 years ago and the current Knicks are undeniable. Keep spewing your hypocrisy. It only makes you look more foolish.

You do realize that when you put something in quotes like you did here:

The number one statement Paul Pierce made were "we (Knicks) are still a losing atmosphere organization", more so now then before.

this means you are directly quoting Paul Pierce. He never said that. Once again, you make shit up.

You need to be held accountable for the crap you spread.

And facts is ......
it wasnt Doc Rivers job that was in jeopardy, it was bum President Danny Ainge job that was open for hire, untill ex-teammate Keven Mchale bailed him out.

Both Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge were in the hot seat. Many were calling for Doc Rivers to be fired. The Celtics had the worst record in the league just 3 years ago.

Yes, the Knicks are a losing team. So were the Celtics. That's my point. He should keep his mouth shut about the subject.

We gave up multiple first round picks b/c headcoach Damntoni is more personal than Isiah Thomas and Larry Brown put together.

You need to stop this crap. Just stop it all together.

You are saying we traded away our draft picks because D'Antoni is personal??

Honestly man, do you really believe this? Do you ever stop and think before you post? Do you ever read the crap you type?

We traded the draft picks to get rid of Jeffries, to get more cap space. If it was personal, why trade Jeffries? D'Antoni loved Jeffries.

One last question. Are you retarded?

com'on I wouldve rather traded a no-playing Eddy Curry for a no-playing Mobley for two seasons.
Zbo (20-10) expiring contract right now is 100 times better to have on the trading-block this big 2010 FA summer than a 2 season nonplaying Eddy Curry.

So you think Donnie could have easily traded Curry for Mobley? So the Clippers would have just taken on an extra $12 mil dollars for us. Just out of the kindness of their hearts *sarcasm*. You must be retarded.

Yeah, lets get the FACTS straight...

How ironic. Kiya demanding to know facts. You have never posted anything factual the entire time you have been here. All you post is speculation, conspiracy theories and complete drivel.