10 pts - 8 rbs - 49% fg

Tyrus Thomas

9.4 pts - 6.2 rbs - 1.6 blk - 46% fg

Amir Johnson

6.2 pts - 4.8 rbs - 46% fg

Drew Gooden

11 pts - 7.7 rbs - 48%fg

your thoughts......

feel free to add to list.. but please only free agents... no trade scenarios..
:smokin:

p0nder

Starter
On your list I like Haslem and Amir. Both are high energy players with good athletic ability and potential. I've followed Haslem since he helped Florida win the NCAA title. He is a good fit in this team and I would love to see him here.

However, I feel that if we can get Bosh in a sign and trade deal for lee then it should be done.

Kiyaman

Legend
F/C-Haslem would be the perfect Tandem "with" F/C-Lee in a lineup, when we have Barron come off the bench.

David Lee is a must "RESIGN" player!!!!
:gony:

@Ponder: Haslem never won an NCAA championship, he was not on the same teams as Noah, Horford, Brewer, etc.

@Kiya: As much as I'd like to see Lee re-signed, it just isn't in the plans. Too risky, and if we do re-sign Lee, it means we won't be adding anyone too attractive.

p0nder

Starter
u are correct hoopin'! i must have been smoking some good shit back then... they lost in his sophomore season in the finals. But he was a BIG reaso that the gators got back on the basketball map and he was in the touney all 4 of his years there.

CoolClyde

I'm down with Tyrusaurrus T-rex. we need a shot blocker. the kid's getting better every year and can pop the mid-ranger. too bad we didn't trade Al Barfington for him...

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm down with Tyrusaurrus T-rex. we need a shot blocker. the kid's getting better every year and can pop the mid-ranger. too bad we didn't trade Al Barfington for him...

Exactamundo. Must-sign. Revolutionize our backcourt and optimize (legitimize?) a prescence of Lee (or Bosh)

Defensive wizardry from a big. And he can hustle.

Paul1355

All Star
cheaper alternatives

Luis Scola

16.2 pts - 8.6 rbs - 2.1 ast - 51% fg

Udonis Haslem

10 pts - 8 rbs - 49% fg

Tyrus Thomas

Amir Johnson

Drew Gooden

11 pts - 7.7 rbs - 48%fg

your thoughts......

Thomas is the best but with his attitude I doubt Mike D would sign off on it since he hates egotistic players(Marbury) and benches them for no reason but the fact that he hates ego's...maybe because Mike D has the biggest Ego in the NBA? Maybe.

Scola is the next David Lee, all offensive finesse, good rebounding, no defense whatsoever.

Amir Johnson is a backup but a nice back up for defense

Haslem is a back up but makes the open shot, kind of like a older Earl Barron

Gooden is ok but just too ugly for NY:afro:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Thomas is a go for me i like dude he's athletic and plays D plus he wont cost us as much and his offense is getting better each year and im sure he's going to come into next season improved dude is a taller more low-post/defensive Marion basically marion at the 4 if that makes any sense loll. i'd be down for this guy to come in and be our new 4 plus he's young and thats what we need.

Kiyaman

Legend
@Ponder: Haslem never won an NCAA championship, he was not on the same teams as Noah, Horford, Brewer, etc.

@Kiya: As much as I'd like to see Lee re-signed, it just isn't in the plans. Too risky, and if we do re-sign Lee, it means we won't be adding anyone too attractive.

It doesnt matter, we have to give Lee a 6 year contract on July 1st.
Whether Lee chose the next team 5 yr offer within the 15 day period, at least we would have a chance in getting something out the deal if Lee wants a 6 yr contract.

There are so many teams Lee could sign with to lift that teams record or playoff status at the PF spot.
Lee showcased his performance with us for two seasons...

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
this years draft is alot of NBA ready talent if we resign lee which I hope we do we draft brackins or varando brackins is a future glen Davis but with long range varando is a excellent shot blocker

Kiyaman

Legend
this years draft is alot of NBA ready talent if we resign lee which I hope we do we draft brackins or varando brackins is a future glen Davis but with long range varando is a excellent shot blocker

Young NBA ready talent needs a developing coaching staff which we dont have.
If we dont resign our All-Star David Lee, while making a move to get him a starting center, and signing a starting SG so we could move Wilson Chandler to the starting SF spot, we could become the laughing stock of the 2010 big FA market.

Young NBA ready talent needs a developing coaching staff which we dont have.
If we dont resign our All-Star David Lee, while making a move to get him a starting center, and signing a starting SG so we could move Wilson Chandler to the starting SF spot, we could become the laughing stock of the 2010 big FA market.

Just wondering Kiy, Who of the "Big Name" FA's do you think is going to end up here? I personally don't think LeBrone,Stodomire,Dirk and Wade are going anywhere I also think Bosh will end up in Miami With Wade so that leaves us who ? J.Johnson at the Max ? I'd rather pass on him at the $$$ he's gonna get. Just wondering what you think our realistic line-up will look like?

dave2138

Rotation player
Just wondering Kiy, Who of the "Big Name" FA's do you think is going to end up here? I personally don't think LeBrone,Stodomire,Dirk and Wade are going anywhere I also think Bosh will end up in Miami With Wade so that leaves us who ? J.Johnson at the Max ? I'd rather pass on him at the $$$ he's gonna get. Just wondering what you think our realistic line-up will look like?

First, I think its unrealistic to think that none of those players will come here. Lebron is most likely going to the Knicks and Bosh is most likely going to play with Lebron if that team has cap room to sign him. Lebron staying in Cleveland is a long shot at this point, and New York is more attractive than Chicago.

Lets say none of that happens, here's what I think they should do:

Sign/Trade Lee for Tony Parker (13.5)
Sign Brendan Haywood (8 mil)
Sign Luis Scola/Carlos Boozer (10 mil)
Sign Raja Bell (4 mil)

Comes out to about 54 mil...

Parker
Bell
Gallinari
Boozer
Haywood

Douglas
Walker
Chandler
Barron
2 2nd round picks

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
cheaper alternatives

Luis Scola

16.2 pts - 8.6 rbs - 2.1 ast - 51% fg

Udonis Haslem

10 pts - 8 rbs - 49% fg

Tyrus Thomas

Amir Johnson

Drew Gooden

11 pts - 7.7 rbs - 48%fg

your thoughts......

Drew Gooden is the perfect role player! If we had any money left over I would sign him to come off the bench and play the 4/5

Kiyaman

Legend

The answer to that question has already been answered by the Knicks past two seasons of B-Ball.
None of the top FA u mention are coming to the Knicks, not even Joe Johnson. They are looking for a winning franchise that starts at the top of the franchise.

The Knicks new-regime of management and coaching staff showed no-change for a better or new future Knick franchise than the previous president/coach Isiah Thomas.

The Knicks having $30M+ in cap space to spend on new players mean nothing when the atmosphere in management/coaching staff are the same as it was for the last decade.
Playing the "Blame-Game" could start at the top with our owner James Dolan, he has become a behind the scene owner that does make major decision calls on the Knicks/Rangers franchise. His money is to long not to be a major player in the decision-making of a decade of a losing record team that gross big profit each season.

I could see David Lee signing with the next NBA team and playing 5 successful seasons, while the Knicks sign Boozer to a long expensive contract with Boozer being injured half of that contract, just like alot of other ex-Knick players Webster, Larry Johnson, Mcdyess, Jerome James, ect., ect., ect., b/c of management/coaching staff.

Tyrus Thomas would be a nice acquisition if the knicks can't retain Lee. The dude is freakishly athletic and most of all - he is a fierce player. I love players who are fierce on the court, thats how you really get the other team to break down mentally and piss their pants on defense

The answer to that question has already been answered by the Knicks past two seasons of B-Ball.
None of the top FA u mention are coming to the Knicks, not even Joe Johnson. They are looking for a winning franchise that starts at the top of the franchise.

The Knicks new-regime of management and coaching staff showed no-change for a better or new future Knick franchise than the previous president/coach Isiah Thomas.

The Knicks having $30M+ in cap space to spend on new players mean nothing when the atmosphere in management/coaching staff are the same as it was for the last decade.
Playing the "Blame-Game" could start at the top with our owner James Dolan, he has become a behind the scene owner that does make major decision calls on the Knicks/Rangers franchise. His money is to long not to be a major player in the decision-making of a decade of a losing record team that gross big profit each season.

I could see David Lee signing with the next NBA team and playing 5 successful seasons, while the Knicks sign Boozer to a long expensive contract with Boozer being injured half of that contract, just like alot of other ex-Knick players Webster, Larry Johnson, Mcdyess, Jerome James, ect., ect., ect., b/c of management/coaching staff.

Funny you throw Boozer in there at the end..... I think even Boozer ends up elsewhere (The Bulls) , but you could throw Amare's name in there instead and say his knee blows out and his eyeball falls out :) haha just playing.

The only FA I see coming here could be J.Johnson , cause I'm pretty sure he's done in Atlanta, and I'm also pretty sure we'd be the ones to over pay him.

I also see us retaining D.Lee after we realize that we're not going to get any of the top FA PF's (Bosh,Amare,Boozer).

So that leaves us looking at -

TD/
J.Johnson/B.Walker
Gallo/B.Walker
Lee/
Eddy Curry :(/

Maybe we do the Okafor trade (and snag Collison!), Maybe we sign Haywood?

....... not looking so good :barf: