Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: You think Toronto would take this?

  1. #1
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Trade Icon You think Toronto would take this?

    What if we traded Eddy Curry and Wilson Chandler in a sign and trade for Bosh? That way we have the cap to get two max contracts and resign Dlee, and Toronto can use Curry's expiring contract to get the free agents of there choice in 2011.

    You think Toronto would go for that?

  2. #2
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,486
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    What if we traded Eddy Curry and Wilson Chandler in a sign and trade for Bosh? That way we have the cap to get two max contracts and resign Dlee, and Toronto can use Curry's expiring contract to get the free agents of there choice in 2011.

    You think Toronto would go for that?
    Sadly, no. To lose a franchise player and replace them with cap room just won't cut the mustard. It's all about making money, and the wake of Bosh leaving has to be supplanted with something to bring fans back. Not drive them away.

    They'll need some high draft picks to take the bait. We have 0 of those until the year 3007.

  3. #3
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Sadly, no. To lose a franchise player and replace them with cap room just won't cut the mustard. It's all about making money, and the wake of Bosh leaving has to be supplanted with something to bring fans back. Not drive them away.

    They'll need some high draft picks to take the bait. We have 0 of those until the year 3007.
    What if we threw in our 2011 and 2012 picks with top 5 protection?

  4. #4
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Our 2011 and 2012 picks are going to Houston.

    Why would Toronto take on Curry's contract if they're losing Bosh? If all they care about is cap space, they would just let Bosh walk for nothing. No need to spend $12 mil this year for cap space next year when they could just get the cap space this year.

    I really don't see us signing Lee and Bosh, regardless of what happens. And that's a good thing. A Bosh/Lee frontcourt is a terrible match-up. Tyrus Thomas and Bosh is a much, much better frontcourt (and cheaper).

  5. #5
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Our 2011 and 2012 picks are going to Houston.

    Why would Toronto take on Curry's contract if they're losing Bosh? If all they care about is cap space, they would just let Bosh walk for nothing. No need to spend $12 mil this year for cap space next year when they could just get the cap space this year.

    I really don't see us signing Lee and Bosh, regardless of what happens. And that's a good thing. A Bosh/Lee frontcourt is a terrible match-up. Tyrus Thomas and Bosh is a much, much better frontcourt (and cheaper).
    Man Harrington is better then TT. Lee and Bosh are All stars! Imagine this line up.


    PG: Toney Douglas
    SG: LeBron James
    SF: Danilo Gallinari
    PF: David Lee
    C: Chris Bosh

  6. #6
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,486
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Man Harrington is better then TT. Lee and Bosh are All stars! Imagine this line up.


    PG: Toney Douglas
    SG: LeBron James
    SF: Danilo Gallinari
    PF: David Lee
    C: Chris Bosh

    Dude. PFs aren't centers. How long have you been a Knick fan?

    Harrington is a better scorer than TT because he has a one track scoring mind. His defence is ****, his passing is ****, his awareness is ****, his turnovers are **** (as in ridiculous)

    He's a scorer. He's literally nothing else.

    Tyrus Thomas > Al Harrington any day.

    All for the sake of chemistry and defence.

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Man Harrington is better then TT. Lee and Bosh are All stars! Imagine this line up.


    PG: Toney Douglas
    SG: LeBron James
    SF: Danilo Gallinari
    PF: David Lee
    C: Chris Bosh
    How old are you?

    This is just dumb.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Harrington's a good scorer but he's not much other than that. He's a ballhog who doesn't play defense and gets stupid ass technicals like hitting the backboard on the way in after a dunk....screw Harrington.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Dude. PFs aren't centers. How long have you been a Knick fan?

    Harrington is a better scorer than TT because he has a one track scoring mind. His defence is ****, his passing is ****, his awareness is ****, his turnovers are **** (as in ridiculous)

    He's a scorer. He's literally nothing else.

    Tyrus Thomas > Al Harrington any day.

    All for the sake of chemistry and defence.

    Yes tt is a better fit than al at this point... but TT is a pf too. who are we suppose to have play center for us.?????? i see people trashing the lee and bosh combo.. but who in the hell are we suppose to have at center next year thats not a pf???

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Not a chance... and knowing the way BC loves the Euro's, Galinari would be coming back Toronto, (If Lee where not to accept a S&T) no need to take on sub par players for an all-star. rather let him walk.. but you know players not gonna leave a guaranteed 30M on the table, especially Bosh with the suspect knees.

  11. #11
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    What if we traded Eddy Curry and Wilson Chandler in a sign and trade for Bosh? That way we have the cap to get two max contracts and resign Dlee, and Toronto can use Curry's expiring contract to get the free agents of there choice in 2011.

    You think Toronto would go for that?
    No. After Donnie Walsh got raped in the trade for Tracy McGrady, the Raptors are going to ask for David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and either a 2013 first round pick, Al Harrington, or Danilo Gallinari for Chris Bosh.

  12. #12
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    What if we traded Eddy Curry and Wilson Chandler in a sign and trade for Bosh? That way we have the cap to get two max contracts and resign Dlee, and Toronto can use Curry's expiring contract to get the free agents of there choice in 2011.

    You think Toronto would go for that?
    No the Raptors had a dissapointing season with high hopes signing Turkoglu to a long contract

    They want to make the playoffs right away

    The Hornets might go for Curry and Chandler

  13. #13
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i'd rather offer Lee in the sign and trade with Chandler and use Curry to get collinson and besides Bosh is pretty much Lee with more skill so that means NO DEFENSE at that position and you wanna team up Bosh and Lee to defend our paint? we'd get raped and 2 PF's dont make a C,. we need a Center

  14. #14
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah - Have to agree that Bosh and Lee are redundant. No way is Toronto taking back Curry. Only S&T they might do is for Lee, but they don't really need him either, because they are going to slide Bargani to the 4. He is basically David Lee with better range.


    Now here is an interesting development. Several NY based companies are getting in the act of trying to woo LBJ here. Here is one such company that is going after Bosh too.
    Last edited by rady; Jun 13, 2010 at 16:12. Reason: Please stop spamming the board

Similar Threads

  1. Toronto setting up for Lee
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2009, 08:38
  2. New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors Game Thread 2/24
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2008, 17:08
  3. Toronto Raptors vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/11
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2008, 13:14
  4. Game: New York Vs. Toronto 12:00
    By nyKnicks126 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2007, 16:21
  5. Carter wants out of Toronto
    By rady in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2004, 10:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •