Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: The Knicks are not looking good on the 2010 FA front

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo The Knicks are not looking good on the 2010 FA front

    Knick-Fans the top-5 FA (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Amare, Joe Johnson, and Boozer) are all Fishing while watching the NBA FINALS.

    Each top FA would like to make a move to a team that will be in the 2010-11 season Conference Finals. Or stay where they are at to recieve a 6 year contract.

    The NBA FA rumors & gossip throughout the month of June does not favor the New York Knicks in any way of making the Knicks into a respectable winning franchise this 2010 summer.
    The $30M+ cap space the Knicks have to spend on two max players has not generated any big media sports talks, rumors, gossip, excitement, inwhich the Big Apple Media could cover their back page news papers with an optimistic article of the long waited "2010-Plan" of rebuilding a new Knick franchise. Maybe its to early (being June 14, 2010).

    Rumors on realgm has the Knicks going after a trade for the Spurs PG-Parker.
    Which I think is nonsense, when u have the best experience player-coach PG in the NBA as a FA this summer to offer a decent 2 to 3 year contract for him to train/develope/and push 2nd season Toney Douglas into a prime NBA PG.
    Do anyone have a clue of which FA PG I am talking about???

  2. #2
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Derek Fisher? He's not going to leave LA though, don't waste your time.

    How about Steve Blake?

    I don't see how Knick fans can say they don't think Lebron will come here? Maybe some people like to be pessimistic this way they are not disappointed when something bad happens. In this case though, there really isn't a more logical place for Lebron to go than New York. Once Lebron comes, then Bosh follows him. Bosh, Gallinari, city of New York > Rose, Noah, city of Chicago.

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Free Agents

    If we get LeBron, then things will fall into place because I believe that Bosh will follow LeBron. If LeBron has Bosh with him, the rest of the roster will make us prime contenders. i think we have a shot at LeBron because I think his ego wants New York. There is the downside to his image if he leaves Cleveland and perhaps Chicago has the better current roster, but LeBron likes the spotlight

    Without LeBron, however, we are not likely to get Bosh or other front liners -- Wade and Amare. I expect Bosh will join Wade in Miami or go to the Lakers for Bynum. Amare will stay in Phoenix. i am not particularly interested in Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, or Carlos Boozer. I cannot even begin to speculate as to our 2010 roster if we do not have LeBron. July 1st and thereafter is going to be very interesting.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It is going to be a train-wreck in NY when we get none of these guys. I do hold out hope like the summer of childs, LJ, and Houston but that was when it was cool to be a knick.

    With the dollars now and the way the marketing is now, the idea of NY is not enough. I actually can see us getting none of the top tier players and Donnie Walsh actually quitting.

    I really hate to say this, but we better just come to the realization of what probably will go down

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Smile

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    Derek Fisher? He's not going to leave LA though, don't waste your time.

    How about Steve Blake?

    I don't see how Knick fans can say they don't think Lebron will come here? Maybe some people like to be pessimistic this way they are not disappointed when something bad happens. In this case though, there really isn't a more logical place for Lebron to go than New York. Once Lebron comes, then Bosh follows him. Bosh, Gallinari, city of New York > Rose, Noah, city of Chicago.
    Your absolutely right, Derick Fisher is the MAN!
    I also agree it would be hard to get Fisher b/c Kobe is not going to let Fisher leave L.A. without a big fight with the Lakers Franchise.
    But I would still do my best to get Fisher b/c Toney Douglas talent only needs Fisher guidance. And that signing could start a major change on how top FA look at the Knicks.

    As for your pessimistic and most likely comment on Lebron James future, u need to understand that "Jordan" grossed $100M per season off of his endorsements while in the NBA.
    Kobe was suppose to be the next player to do that in the NBA but....., now the NBA has Lebron James whom received a $100M contract from Nike before he graduated from High School. He was projected back then to be who he is today. Lebron brings billions $$$ to any NBA franchise he joins.
    Lebron James just happen to be one of the top-3 American sports players making the biggest profit from endorsements the past 3 years.

    So your opinion () is weaker than the opinion of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh accepting a one year MLE contract each from Pat Riley to get a championship ring next season in a Heat uniform.

  6. #6
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Your absolutely right, Derick Fisher is the MAN!
    I also agree it would be hard to get Fisher b/c Kobe is not going to let Fisher leave L.A. without a big fight with the Lakers Franchise.
    But I would still do my best to get Fisher b/c Toney Douglas talent only needs Fisher guidance. And that signing could start a major change on how top FA look at the Knicks.

    As for your pessimistic and most likely comment on Lebron James future, u need to understand that "Jordan" grossed $100M per season off of his endorsements while in the NBA.
    Kobe was suppose to be the next player to do that in the NBA but....., now the NBA has Lebron James whom received a $100M contract from Nike before he graduated from High School. He was projected back then to be who he is today. Lebron brings billions $$$ to any NBA franchise he joins.
    Lebron James just happen to be one of the top-3 American sports players making the biggest profit from endorsements the past 3 years.

    So your opinion () is weaker than the opinion of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh accepting a one year MLE contract each from Pat Riley to get a championship ring next season in a Heat uniform.
    Eh D-Fish and Eddy House are similar players in my opinion. Mediocre players that somehow do well in big games

  7. #7
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Knick-Fans the top-5 FA (Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Amare, Joe Johnson, and Boozer) are all Fishing while watching the NBA FINALS.

    Each top FA would like to make a move to a team that will be in the 2010-11 season Conference Finals. Or stay where they are at to recieve a 6 year contract.

    The NBA FA rumors & gossip throughout the month of June does not favor the New York Knicks in any way of making the Knicks into a respectable winning franchise this 2010 summer.
    The $30M+ cap space the Knicks have to spend on two max players has not generated any big media sports talks, rumors, gossip, excitement, inwhich the Big Apple Media could cover their back page news papers with an optimistic article of the long waited "2010-Plan" of rebuilding a new Knick franchise. Maybe its to early (being June 14, 2010).

    Rumors on realgm has the Knicks going after a trade for the Spurs PG-Parker.
    Which I think is nonsense, when u have the best experience player-coach PG in the NBA as a FA this summer to offer a decent 2 to 3 year contract for him to train/develope/and push 2nd season Toney Douglas into a prime NBA PG.
    Do anyone have a clue of which FA PG I am talking about???
    Nonsense! The Knicks are in a prime situation to sign quality guys! There is 1 and only 1 major piece here and that is James. If James signs with the Knicks that the Knicks will have their pick of the remaining free agents to pair anyone with James. If the Knicks get Parker (I can't believe that anyone would choose Fisher over Parker) that would at least let some FA's know that the Knicks have a few guys worth pairing with; never mind the remaining money to and a expiring contract to bring in more pieces. James is the key to controlling everything!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Nonsense! The Knicks are in a prime situation to sign quality guys! There is 1 and only 1 major piece here and that is James. If James signs with the Knicks that the Knicks will have their pick of the remaining free agents to pair anyone with James. If the Knicks get Parker (I can't believe that anyone would choose Fisher over Parker) that would at least let some FA's know that the Knicks have a few guys worth pairing with; never mind the remaining money to and a expiring contract to bring in more pieces. James is the key to controlling everything!

    And if the Knicks dont sign Lebron James?

    Fisher brings discipline/leadership in the lockerroom and on the court.
    Plus Toney Douglas talent would tripple under fisher guidance

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    Eh D-Fish and Eddy House are similar players in my opinion. Mediocre players that somehow do well in big games
    That is a very low blow (Eddy House) to what Derick Fisher done for G.S. franchise, and the Jazz Franchise, and both tours with the Lakers franchise.

    Deron Williams was the best PG in the NBA after beating Billups team in the playoffs.
    Deron Williams became quite as a mouse once he met his teacher Fisher in the playoffs.

    The Boston vs Lakers series stand at 3-2 with Boston in favor.
    Lets see what happens in L.A. in the 6th game when Fisher adds to the offense and the Lakers get Perkins to commit one more Technical to be suspended for the 7th game.

  10. #10
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Your absolutely right, Derick Fisher is the MAN!
    I also agree it would be hard to get Fisher b/c Kobe is not going to let Fisher leave L.A. without a big fight with the Lakers Franchise.
    But I would still do my best to get Fisher b/c Toney Douglas talent only needs Fisher guidance. And that signing could start a major change on how top FA look at the Knicks.

    As for your pessimistic and most likely comment on Lebron James future, u need to understand that "Jordan" grossed $100M per season off of his endorsements while in the NBA.
    Kobe was suppose to be the next player to do that in the NBA but....., now the NBA has Lebron James whom received a $100M contract from Nike before he graduated from High School. He was projected back then to be who he is today. Lebron brings billions $$$ to any NBA franchise he joins.
    Lebron James just happen to be one of the top-3 American sports players making the biggest profit from endorsements the past 3 years.

    So your opinion () is weaker than the opinion of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh accepting a one year MLE contract each from Pat Riley to get a championship ring next season in a Heat uniform.

    You don't have to sell me on Lebron and what he does for a franchise...I don't really get your point there. I never brought up that Lebron can make more money in NY, I agree it doesn't matter where he plays, he'll make money.

    Looking at winning potential alone, New York has just as much or more potential than Chicago and Cleveland. Most would agree with that statement. 2nd Max FA + Gallinari vs. Noah + Rose vs. Antawn Jamison + Mo Williams.

    I'm a lot like you where I try to negate other people's opinions of ideas of what to do this off season claiming they are unrealistic. The case of Lebron James though, everything from the moves Walsh has made the past 2 years to hearing interviews of Lebron's indecisiveness about where he will play next season makes it easy to conclude that New York has more than a legit shot. They are the favorites right now whether we like it or not...I think most people would be surprised if Lebron chose Chicago. Everyone will be shocked though if he picks Cleveland or New Jersey.

    Instead of asking why would Lebron choose NY over other places when he can be just as successful anywhere else. Ask why would he choose the other place over NY? Cleveland is close to his home town...that's sweet. He can still visit on off days...

    We'll see what happens with Derek Fisher...I just think that's one of those situations where you just know a player will play with a certain team until he retires.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    You don't have to sell me on Lebron and what he does for a franchise...I don't really get your point there. I never brought up that Lebron can make more money in NY, I agree it doesn't matter where he plays, he'll make money.

    Looking at winning potential alone, New York has just as much or more potential than Chicago and Cleveland. Most would agree with that statement. 2nd Max FA + Gallinari vs. Noah + Rose vs. Antawn Jamison + Mo Williams.

    I'm a lot like you where I try to negate other people's opinions of ideas of what to do this off season claiming they are unrealistic. The case of Lebron James though, everything from the moves Walsh has made the past 2 years to hearing interviews of Lebron's indecisiveness about where he will play next season makes it easy to conclude that New York has more than a legit shot. They are the favorites right now whether we like it or not...I think most people would be surprised if Lebron chose Chicago. Everyone will be shocked though if he picks Cleveland or New Jersey.

    Instead of asking why would Lebron choose NY over other places when he can be just as successful anywhere else. Ask why would he choose the other place over NY? Cleveland is close to his home town...that's sweet. He can still visit on off days...

    We'll see what happens with Derek Fisher...I just think that's one of those situations where you just know a player will play with a certain team until he retires.
    O.K. I'm going to make this short with some better clarity for u

    I didnt imagine Lebron leaving Cleveland two years ago.
    Now that the owner FIRED the president/headcoach/and the majority of the people they hired into the organization.
    I really dont see Lebron leaving Cleveland for any team.
    The Cavs have to many great tradeable pieces, with their MLE.

    And yes, the Knicks "had" a better roster of playerr than the Bulls and Miami the past two seasons, but not the Cavs.
    Walsh F..ed up the team the first season, and Dantoni screwed us front/backwards the second season.
    When the Knicks resigned Lee & Nate in Oct. the Knicks became a 40 win team.

    And Gallo dont have 25% of the NBA skillz as Noah, D.Rose, D.Lee, Harrington, Chandler, or any of the Cavs starting lineup.
    So stop getting it twisted that Gallo is the best player on the Knicks when he is in the same class as Walker & Toney Douglas.
    Jordan Hill was/is a 100 times better NBA PF then Gallo will ever be.
    u and other Gallo-Fans could chat and hype-up a Gallo conversation all day.
    But I been on to many teams where Gallo talent sat on the bench more than the towel boy.

  12. #12
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    So stop getting it twisted that Gallo is the best player on the Knicks when he is in the same class as Walker & Toney Douglas.
    that is ABSURD.

  13. #13
    Member KNICKMATIC809's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC BABII
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    O.K. I'm going to make this short with some better clarity for u

    I didnt imagine Lebron leaving Cleveland two years ago.
    Now that the owner FIRED the president/headcoach/and the majority of the people they hired into the organization.
    I really dont see Lebron leaving Cleveland for any team.
    The Cavs have to many great tradeable pieces, with their MLE.

    And yes, the Knicks "had" a better roster of playerr than the Bulls and Miami the past two seasons, but not the Cavs.
    Walsh F..ed up the team the first season, and Dantoni screwed us front/backwards the second season.
    When the Knicks resigned Lee & Nate in Oct. the Knicks became a 40 win team.

    And Gallo dont have 25% of the NBA skillz as Noah, D.Rose, D.Lee, Harrington, Chandler, or any of the Cavs starting lineup.
    So stop getting it twisted that Gallo is the best player on the Knicks when he is in the same class as Walker & Toney Douglas.
    Jordan Hill was/is a 100 times better NBA PF then Gallo will ever be.
    u and other Gallo-Fans could chat and hype-up a Gallo conversation all day.
    But I been on to many teams where Gallo talent sat on the bench more than the towel boy.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ i guess chris broussard has a account

  14. #14
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    O.K. I'm going to make this short with some better clarity for u

    I didnt imagine Lebron leaving Cleveland two years ago.
    Now that the owner FIRED the president/headcoach/and the majority of the people they hired into the organization.
    I really dont see Lebron leaving Cleveland for any team.
    The Cavs have to many great tradeable pieces, with their MLE.

    And yes, the Knicks "had" a better roster of playerr than the Bulls and Miami the past two seasons, but not the Cavs.
    Walsh F..ed up the team the first season, and Dantoni screwed us front/backwards the second season.
    When the Knicks resigned Lee & Nate in Oct. the Knicks became a 40 win team.

    And Gallo dont have 25% of the NBA skillz as Noah, D.Rose, D.Lee, Harrington, Chandler, or any of the Cavs starting lineup.
    So stop getting it twisted that Gallo is the best player on the Knicks when he is in the same class as Walker & Toney Douglas.
    Jordan Hill was/is a 100 times better NBA PF then Gallo will ever be.
    u and other Gallo-Fans could chat and hype-up a Gallo conversation all day.
    But I been on to many teams where Gallo talent sat on the bench more than the towel boy.
    I am in no way a Gallinari fan, I don't know where you got that from. If you look at all my posts, I'm the one saying they should trade Gallinari with Eddy Curry for more cap space.

    Our opinions of him mean nothing though. He is still valuable when you talk about a player choosing a team based on what kind of talent they have at place. That's all that matters.

    How did Walsh screw up? He put the Knicks in the conversation for a couple max FA. No one likes D'Antoni, but he was hired simply because Walsh wanted a coach who can come in knowing he was going to be on a losing team for 2 years, but stick with it and give the team some sort of image that pending FA can look at when making their decision where to play.

    I don't think you'll find too many people saying D'Antoni was a good coach the past 2 seasons, but its better to have a stable coaching position now, than have someone new come in next year with no prior experience with the team.

    Lebron will leave Cleveland just because he needs a change of scenery at this point. 7 years in the league and only 1 championship appearance is not good enough. Plus they won't be in a better situation the next 2 years than they were this year due to other overpaid players they have on their team.

    All Cleveland has to offer is this:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Stop being so negative...you know you will be as happy as anyone if and when the Knicks sign Lebron. There's no reason to believe that the Knicks aren't the favorites right now.

  15. #15
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    O.K. I'm going to make this short with some better clarity for u

    I didnt imagine Lebron leaving Cleveland two years ago.
    Now that the owner FIRED the president/headcoach/and the majority of the people they hired into the organization.
    I really dont see Lebron leaving Cleveland for any team.
    The Cavs have to many great tradeable pieces, with their MLE.

    And yes, the Knicks "had" a better roster of playerr than the Bulls and Miami the past two seasons, but not the Cavs.
    Walsh F..ed up the team the first season, and Dantoni screwed us front/backwards the second season.
    When the Knicks resigned Lee & Nate in Oct. the Knicks became a 40 win team.

    And Gallo dont have 25% of the NBA skillz as Noah, D.Rose, D.Lee, Harrington, Chandler, or any of the Cavs starting lineup.
    So stop getting it twisted that Gallo is the best player on the Knicks when he is in the same class as Walker & Toney Douglas.
    Jordan Hill was/is a 100 times better NBA PF then Gallo will ever be.
    u and other Gallo-Fans could chat and hype-up a Gallo conversation all day.
    But I been on to many teams where Gallo talent sat on the bench more than the towel boy.
    Kiya?! We became a 40 win team when we re-signed Nate and Lee!?

    How could you? It's time to step away from the hydroponics.
    Either that or I should get on them, just to try and understand how you came up with this one?

    And the absurdity of Fisher over Parker is hurting my brain. Fisher would be a top mentor, but seriously, if you actually stop and think about who would bring more wins to the team - it's Tony P all the way. Am I sensing a distaste for European players here? A disliking of finals MVPs?

    I also think LeBron will stay in Cleveland, but seriously, my opinion means ****. It does look like Bosh will go to Miami and I've always said, we need to sign Bosh first and have a roster fit for a King. This to me (Bosh to Miami) is the thing that makes LeBron snub NY.

    If he does, I think Parker would be a great acquisition. Certainly better than Fisher. But what we'd give up for him is looking scary. And for those of you out there who think we can trade Curry....... Shoosh.

    I agree entirely that we should re-sign Lee NOW for as little as we possibly can, but that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Jun 15, 2010 at 09:08.

Similar Threads

  1. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 14:53
  2. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 09:44
  3. 2010 Salary Cap vs Knicks
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2009, 19:03
  4. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  5. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks 12/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 07:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •