Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: which team is better for LBJ????

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo which team is better for LBJ????

    To me this makes the most sense.

    with about 38.5 million in cap space the NYKs are the better team.

    This theory only works if we can secure collison and okafor from NOH for curry and chandler.


    NYK
    collison/td (two defensive minded pg that can score and pass)
    walker (solid backup)
    gallo (great shooter and has gotten tougher this year)
    lee (resign for 11 mil)
    okafor/baron (defense and baron can score)


    Chicago
    rose (needs the ball)
    hinrich
    deng (will probably be traded if lebron signs)
    noah (injury prone)

    Miami
    chamlers (lost luster)
    wade
    beasley (tito)

    Cleveland
    williams ( no a real pg)
    gibson
    jamison
    hickson
    varajo

    Nets
    harris (coach questions whether he can stay healthy for one season)
    t williams
    cdr
    humphris
    lopez(has medical issues this summer and lost 20+ pounds)

    The knicks would still have 27 million left for Lebron and whoever else.


    seems like a no brainer to me....

  2. #2
    Member bboycustom92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    i still think Chicago has the edge... they have nobody as good and young as rose. I would love to see him on the knicks. It would be a dream come true, But LBJ wants a title and he can get that in one year on the bulls...

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    i still think Chicago has the edge... they have nobody as good and young as rose. I would love to see him on the knicks. It would be a dream come true, But LBJ wants a title and he can get that in one year on the bulls...
    currently yes.. but im certain that a PG combo like cllison and td is way more effective than rose could ever be. rose is more of a scorere whereas collison is a passer with scoring ability and defensive pressure and migh i add a jumpshot that rose doesnt have. he will fit better with lebron...

  4. #4
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    The best team for Lebron James would be the Nets.

    They already have two All Star level players(Harris and Lopez) and he would get tons of publicity. The Nets would easily win 50+ games, with Lebron James, and they'd be contenders. Lechoke usually chokes, so I doubt they'd win a championship, but they'd at least get passed the first round.

    The Heat would also be a good team for him to go to, if he truly cares about winning. Lebron would have the best chance of winning a championship, if he went to the Heat. However, James has a big ego, so I doubt he would be willing to be Dwyane Wade's Robin, like how Pau Gasol is with Kobe.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The best team for Lebron James would be the Nets.

    They already have two All Star level players(Harris and Lopez) and he would get tons of publicity. The Nets would easily win 50+ games, with Lebron James, and they'd be contenders. Lechoke usually chokes, so I doubt they'd win a championship, but they'd at least get passed the first round.

    The Heat would also be a good team for him to go to, if he truly cares about winning. Lebron would have the best chance of winning a championship, if he went to the Heat. However, James has a big ego, so I doubt he would be willing to be Dwyane Wade's Robin, like how Pau Gasol is with Kobe.

    so my question to you is would you take lopez and devin "im always hurt" harris over lee and collison??? i wouldn't...

    as for the heat. after lebron signs along with wade. they have no other valuable pieces... i know they can sign others.. but its not a guarantee...

    if you took all the teams i listed up top without lebron.... which team is actually better?????

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Talent-wise the Nets are probably the best because they're getting Wesley Johnson, they already have a star PG in Devin Harris and a rising star C in Brook Lopez. They compliment LeBron's game more than Derrick Rose does.

    Potential-wise I think the Knicks are the best because they have the cap room to sign Chris Bosh/Amare/Johnson/etc.

  7. #7
    Member NYKLiFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx,
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    6

    Default SErious.

    Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    i still think Chicago has the edge... they have nobody as good and young as rose. I would love to see him on the knicks. It would be a dream come true, But LBJ wants a title and he can get that in one year on the bulls...

    you sound ignorant so what Lebron Noah And Rose is going to win a chip next year...in chicago suck it......


    Half you dimwits are retarded and when we do get Lebron im searching for another site because posting on here is pointless you ppl ****ing suck...

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    so my question to you is would you take lopez and devin "im always hurt" harris over lee and collison??? i wouldn't...

    as for the heat. after lebron signs along with wade. they have no other valuable pieces... i know they can sign others.. but its not a guarantee...

    if you took all the teams i listed up top without lebron.... which team is actually better?????
    The Knicks don't have Darren Collison on their team.
    Brook Lopez is better than David Lee. Lopez can post up, block shots, rebound, shoot jump shots regardless of whether or not he's being defended, create his own shot, and is a good passer.

    Lee can rebound, make a spot up open jump shot, dunk, and drive to the basket. He has no defense and no post up game. And he's not a real center. His natual position is power forward.

    If the Heat had James, they would have Wade, James, and Beasley as their top 3 players. That's a championship contending team. Wade could easily average 28 points per game, Lebron could give them another 25 points per game, and Michael Beasley could give them 15 points per game. That's a combined 68 points per game.
    Udonis Haslem can give them another 10 points per game, and Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, and Chalmers can each give the Heat 9 points per game.

    Wade is not a choke artist, like Lebron, and Lebron is still a great player, so they would definitely be contenders for the east.

    The only team that could beat the Heat, with a Wade, James, and Beasley trio is the Lakers and maybe the Celtics. And the Celtics is a big maybe, considering Garnett will be 35 next year, and Allen will be 35 going on 36 in 2011.
    Last edited by abcd; Jun 16, 2010 at 14:23.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Allen's also a free agent, so there's no guarantee he's even on the Celtics next year at all.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks don't have Darren Collison on their team.
    Brook Lopez is better than David Lee. Lopez can post up, block shots, rebound, shoot jump shots regardless of whether or not he's being defended, create his own shot, and is a good passer.

    Lee can rebound, make a spot up open jump shot, dunk, and drive to the basket. He has no defense and no post up game. And he's not a real center. His natual position is power forward.

    If the Heat had James, they would have Wade, James, and Beasley as their top 3 players. That's a championship contending team. Wade could easily average 28 points per game, Lebron could give them another 25 points per game, and Michael Beasley could give them 15 points per game. That's a combined 68 points per game.
    Udonis Haslem can give them another 10 points per game, and Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, and Chalmers can each give the Heat 9 points per game.

    Wade is not a choke artist, like Lebron, and Lebron is still a great player, so they would definitely be contenders for the east.

    The only team that could beat the Heat, with a Wade, James, and Beasley trio is the Lakers and maybe the Celtics. And the Celtics is a big maybe, considering Garnett will be 35 next year, and Allen will be 35 going on 36 in 2011.
    fist of all... did you read the line that says this will only work if the knicks can secure collison and okafor for curry???? or are you only able to read the lines that you want to......

    also.... if lopez was a free agent this year... do you think he would get more money than lee???.. id rather have lee at the 4 not the 5.. i stated okafor and baron at the 5 and lee at the 4.... i like lopez a lot ..but if i had to pick... im takin lee... without a question.... also lopez has some medical issues this summer and lost 20+ lbs and has not been able to do much this offseason.. expect his numbers to fall off this year... check back with me next April...

  11. #11
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Guys cmon don't fall for that media bs.
    How come it's only like 1 mth ago we heard that the bulls were the top destination for lbj?
    Just from one phone call he made to rose and then everything blew out of control. There's an article I read mentioning that someone in lbj's party leaked the bulls name so it would divert all te attention from nyk and lebron.

    I can tell u right now lbj is not signing with the bulls.
    He is home right now watching the finals and seeing that the lakers have 2 bonafide allstars and the celts have the big 4. You know he is not going on a team where he can't pull another multiple time allstar with him.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    clearly trin star... thats why i didnt list the clippers.... im mean lebron just threw that out there to throw people off. he say money is not an issue.. and he is set for life is he doenst make another penny.. but in the same breathe he wants to be the first billionaire athlete..im mean get serious.... its either the knicks or cavs... no one else...period

  13. #13
    Newbie KnickKnacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The Knicks are clearly the best imo, but I could be biased

  14. #14
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    fist of all... did you read the line that says this will only work if the knicks can secure collison and okafor for curry????
    Big if...I don't think anybody outside of some people on this forum expects the Hornets to make that trade.

  15. #15
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,114
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I like your idea about the Okafor and Collison trade going thru , and resigning D Lee............., but with the way things are (roster wise) as well as $$$ wise around the leage the best place for LBJ to really go is the LA Clips!

    Yeah I said it, the Clippers! Best weather, best celeb's , best young cast and cash to burn

    Blake Griffen and LBJ sounds like a pretty nasty duo (not to mention E.Gordan,C.Kamen and others)

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2013, 23:36
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2008, 10:35
  3. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  4. LARRY IS AS MUCH TO BLAME AS ISIAH
    By furious lord in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 06:17
  5. Dream Team
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2003, 11:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •