which team is better for LBJ????

moneyg

Starter
To me this makes the most sense.

with about 38.5 million in cap space the NYKs are the better team.

This theory only works if we can secure collison and okafor from NOH for curry and chandler.

NYK
collison/td (two defensive minded pg that can score and pass)
walker (solid backup)
gallo (great shooter and has gotten tougher this year)
lee (resign for 11 mil)
okafor/baron (defense and baron can score)

Chicago
rose (needs the ball)
hinrich
deng (will probably be traded if lebron signs)
noah (injury prone)

Miami
chamlers (lost luster)
wade
beasley (tito)

Cleveland
williams ( no a real pg)
gibson
jamison
hickson
varajo

Nets
harris (coach questions whether he can stay healthy for one season)
t williams
cdr
humphris
lopez(has medical issues this summer and lost 20+ pounds)

The knicks would still have 27 million left for Lebron and whoever else.

seems like a no brainer to me....:smokin:

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i still think Chicago has the edge... they have nobody as good and young as rose. I would love to see him on the knicks. It would be a dream come true, But LBJ wants a title and he can get that in one year on the bulls...

moneyg

Starter
i still think Chicago has the edge... they have nobody as good and young as rose. I would love to see him on the knicks. It would be a dream come true, But LBJ wants a title and he can get that in one year on the bulls...

currently yes.. but im certain that a PG combo like cllison and td is way more effective than rose could ever be. rose is more of a scorere whereas collison is a passer with scoring ability and defensive pressure and migh i add a jumpshot that rose doesnt have. he will fit better with lebron...:smokin:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The best team for Lebron James would be the Nets.

They already have two All Star level players(Harris and Lopez) and he would get tons of publicity. The Nets would easily win 50+ games, with Lebron James, and they'd be contenders. Lechoke usually chokes, so I doubt they'd win a championship, but they'd at least get passed the first round.

The Heat would also be a good team for him to go to, if he truly cares about winning. Lebron would have the best chance of winning a championship, if he went to the Heat. However, James has a big ego, so I doubt he would be willing to be Dwyane Wade's Robin, like how Pau Gasol is with Kobe.

moneyg

Starter
The best team for Lebron James would be the Nets.

They already have two All Star level players(Harris and Lopez) and he would get tons of publicity. The Nets would easily win 50+ games, with Lebron James, and they'd be contenders. Lechoke usually chokes, so I doubt they'd win a championship, but they'd at least get passed the first round.

The Heat would also be a good team for him to go to, if he truly cares about winning. Lebron would have the best chance of winning a championship, if he went to the Heat. However, James has a big ego, so I doubt he would be willing to be Dwyane Wade's Robin, like how Pau Gasol is with Kobe.

so my question to you is would you take lopez and devin "im always hurt" harris over lee and collison??? i wouldn't...

as for the heat. after lebron signs along with wade. they have no other valuable pieces... i know they can sign others.. but its not a guarantee...

if you took all the teams i listed up top without lebron.... which team is actually better?????

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Talent-wise the Nets are probably the best because they're getting Wesley Johnson, they already have a star PG in Devin Harris and a rising star C in Brook Lopez. They compliment LeBron's game more than Derrick Rose does.

Potential-wise I think the Knicks are the best because they have the cap room to sign Chris Bosh/Amare/Johnson/etc.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
SErious.

you sound ignorant so what Lebron Noah And Rose is going to win a chip next year...in chicago suck it......

Half you dimwits are retarded and when we do get Lebron im searching for another site because posting on here is pointless you ppl ****ing suck...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
so my question to you is would you take lopez and devin "im always hurt" harris over lee and collison??? i wouldn't...

as for the heat. after lebron signs along with wade. they have no other valuable pieces... i know they can sign others.. but its not a guarantee...

if you took all the teams i listed up top without lebron.... which team is actually better?????

The Knicks don't have Darren Collison on their team.
Brook Lopez is better than David Lee. Lopez can post up, block shots, rebound, shoot jump shots regardless of whether or not he's being defended, create his own shot, and is a good passer.

Lee can rebound, make a spot up open jump shot, dunk, and drive to the basket. He has no defense and no post up game. And he's not a real center. His natual position is power forward.

If the Heat had James, they would have Wade, James, and Beasley as their top 3 players. That's a championship contending team. Wade could easily average 28 points per game, Lebron could give them another 25 points per game, and Michael Beasley could give them 15 points per game. That's a combined 68 points per game.
Udonis Haslem can give them another 10 points per game, and Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, and Chalmers can each give the Heat 9 points per game.

Wade is not a choke artist, like Lebron, and Lebron is still a great player, so they would definitely be contenders for the east.

The only team that could beat the Heat, with a Wade, James, and Beasley trio is the Lakers and maybe the Celtics. And the Celtics is a big maybe, considering Garnett will be 35 next year, and Allen will be 35 going on 36 in 2011.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
The Knicks don't have Darren Collison on their team.
Brook Lopez is better than David Lee. Lopez can post up, block shots, rebound, shoot jump shots regardless of whether or not he's being defended, create his own shot, and is a good passer.

Lee can rebound, make a spot up open jump shot, dunk, and drive to the basket. He has no defense and no post up game. And he's not a real center. His natual position is power forward.

If the Heat had James, they would have Wade, James, and Beasley as their top 3 players. That's a championship contending team. Wade could easily average 28 points per game, Lebron could give them another 25 points per game, and Michael Beasley could give them 15 points per game. That's a combined 68 points per game.
Udonis Haslem can give them another 10 points per game, and Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, and Chalmers can each give the Heat 9 points per game.

Wade is not a choke artist, like Lebron, and Lebron is still a great player, so they would definitely be contenders for the east.

The only team that could beat the Heat, with a Wade, James, and Beasley trio is the Lakers and maybe the Celtics. And the Celtics is a big maybe, considering Garnett will be 35 next year, and Allen will be 35 going on 36 in 2011.

fist of all... did you read the line that says this will only work if the knicks can secure collison and okafor for curry???? or are you only able to read the lines that you want to......

also.... if lopez was a free agent this year... do you think he would get more money than lee???.. id rather have lee at the 4 not the 5.. i stated okafor and baron at the 5 and lee at the 4.... i like lopez a lot ..but if i had to pick... im takin lee... without a question.... also lopez has some medical issues this summer and lost 20+ lbs and has not been able to do much this offseason.. expect his numbers to fall off this year... check back with me next April...:smokin:

Trin_Starr

Starter
Guys cmon don't fall for that media bs.
How come it's only like 1 mth ago we heard that the bulls were the top destination for lbj?
Just from one phone call he made to rose and then everything blew out of control. There's an article I read mentioning that someone in lbj's party leaked the bulls name so it would divert all te attention from nyk and lebron.

I can tell u right now lbj is not signing with the bulls.
He is home right now watching the finals and seeing that the lakers have 2 bonafide allstars and the celts have the big 4. You know he is not going on a team where he can't pull another multiple time allstar with him.

moneyg

Starter
clearly trin star... thats why i didnt list the clippers.... im mean lebron just threw that out there to throw people off. he say money is not an issue.. and he is set for life is he doenst make another penny.. but in the same breathe he wants to be the first billionaire athlete..im mean get serious.... its either the knicks or cavs... no one else...period

dave2138

Rotation player
fist of all... did you read the line that says this will only work if the knicks can secure collison and okafor for curry????

Big if...I don't think anybody outside of some people on this forum expects the Hornets to make that trade.

I like your idea about the Okafor and Collison trade going thru , and resigning D Lee............., but with the way things are (roster wise) as well as $$$ wise around the leage the best place for LBJ to really go is the LA Clips!

Yeah I said it, the Clippers! Best weather, best celeb's , best young cast and cash to burn :)

Blake Griffen and LBJ sounds like a pretty nasty duo (not to mention E.Gordan,C.Kamen and others)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

fist of all... did you read the line that says this will only work if the knicks can secure collison and okafor for curry???? or are you only able to read the lines that you want to......

also.... if lopez was a free agent this year... do you think he would get more money than lee???.. id rather have lee at the 4 not the 5.. i stated okafor and baron at the 5 and lee at the 4.... i like lopez a lot ..but if i had to pick... im takin lee... without a question.... also lopez has some medical issues this summer and lost 20+ lbs and has not been able to do much this offseason.. expect his numbers to fall off this year... check back with me next April...:smokin:

Those were your exact words. The Knicks don't have Darren Collison, so that argument is invalid.

Lee would only get a higher salary than Lopez, because he has a bigger name.

The NBA is not only about talent alone. It's also about whether or not your name is out there. Just ask Rashard Lewis what getting your name out there can do for your salary. And ask Pau Gasol how nobody wanted to trade for him in 2008, as a Grizzly, but every team in the NBA wants him in 2010, as a Laker.

But Lopez is a better shotblocker and low post player than Lee. And he does everything else that Lee does. So, if I was Lebron James, I'd rather go to the Nets.

I don't think you saw Lopez play, except for when the Nets played the Knicks, because if you did, you wouldn't be saying that Lee is better than Lopez. I don't think anyone who saw Lopez play for more than the 4 games against the Knicks would say Lee is better than him.

If James comes to the Knicks, I'd support the move. But just because you like the Knicks doesn't mean he's coming to the Knicks. James isn't coming to New York just to please the fans. If he were to come to the Knicks, it would be because he feels he could win a championship here. Cause the Cavs still have the ability to offer him more money than any other NBA team.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Those were your exact words. The Knicks don't have Darren Collison, so that argument is invalid.

Lee would only get a higher salary than Lopez, because he has a bigger name.

The NBA is not only about talent alone. It's also about whether or not your name is out there. Just ask Rashard Lewis what getting your name out there can do for your salary. And ask Pau Gasol how nobody wanted to trade for him in 2008, as a Grizzly, but every team in the NBA wants him in 2010, as a Laker.

But Lopez is a better shotblocker and low post player than Lee. And he does everything else that Lee does. So, if I was Lebron James, I'd rather go to the Nets.

I don't think you saw Lopez play, except for when the Nets played the Knicks, because if you did, you wouldn't be saying that Lee is better than Lopez. I don't think anyone who saw Lopez play for more than the 4 games against the Knicks would say Lee is better than him.

If James comes to the Knicks, I'd support the move. But just because you like the Knicks doesn't mean he's coming to the Knicks. James isn't coming to New York just to please the fans. If he were to come to the Knicks, it would be because he feels he could win a championship here. Cause the Cavs still have the ability to offer him more money than any other NBA team.
Cosign! You're argument is really flawed money.

You tried to assert opinions such as "more teams prefer Lee to Lopez" when in actuallity that is absurd. Lopez is a true 7 footer who plays center, dominates the glass and the paint on defense, and did I mention he is 22??

Lee is the older player AND has no winning experience so he isnt exactly a proven winner in the league.

Collison should not even be on this thread. 0% chance we keep Chandler and/or Douglas if we want Collison to be included in a trade for Curry's expiring.

The Knicks still look better than any of the listed teams if you add Bosh to the Knicks, but that's the thing...YOU WOULD HAVE TO ADD BOSH! As of now, the Nets are the best team talent wise that can offer the max.

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks.

Gallinari is the best type of scorer you want playing next to James.
Lee is the best type of the big man you want playing next to James.

They both play off the ball, and very good shooters, and very skilled and aware offensively. They will take pressure off LeBron and LeBron will make them better.

Lee and Gallinari is better than anyone on Cleveland. LeBron would much rather play with Lee than a ball dominator in Derek Rose.

Harris is a scoring PG who will take away points and creation from LeBron and Lopez is a great center, but Lee can play a role player role to the superstar, as Lopez would disappear as a role player, he shows up best as a featured player.

Basically Lee and Gallinari are the biggest factors in this FA thang for LeBron and a huge positive for us because they're our homegrown kids, even though David Lee is a bastard from Isiah Thomas.

Douglas
Walker
LeBron
Gallinari
Lee

Is honestly a line up that would surprise a lot of people.

When you add Collison and Okafor into the mix, thats a championship team.

Collison(passing)
James(superstar)
Gallinari(Shooting)
Lee(rebounding)
Okafor(shotblockin)

metrocard

Legend
Cosign! You're argument is really flawed money.

You tried to assert opinions such as "more teams prefer Lee to Lopez" when in actuallity that is absurd. Lopez is a true 7 footer who plays center, dominates the glass and the paint on defense, and did I mention he is 22??

Lee is the older player AND has no winning experience so he isnt exactly a proven winner in the league.

Collison should not even be on this thread. 0% chance we keep Chandler and/or Douglas if we want Collison to be included in a trade for Curry's expiring.

The Knicks still look better than any of the listed teams if you add Bosh to the Knicks, but that's the thing...YOU WOULD HAVE TO ADD BOSH! As of now, the Nets are the best team talent wise that can offer the max.

Lee is a NBA all star.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I don't get it... This thread asks us to compare a "Fake" NY team (w/ two players on a different roster) to other real NBA teams... just makes the Knicks look worse IMO. Wait till those deals are done (if they ever happen) then throw this question out there. Till then it's just more wet dreams OR leave the Knicks off the list till we have a full roster.

Sure we think Galo will be great and Lee is an All Star. But out of every team in the NBA right now we prob know the least about what the Knicks will look like next training camp.

This feels like self-torture till July 1st. What actually gets done always seems like it comes out of left field.