Rumor: Nets to trade for Chris Paul so they can sign LeBron James?

knicksin60

Starter
This is awful news.Time to throw in the towel for the summer.The Knicks curse continues to live on while blessings continue to fall on every other team.

knicksin60

Starter
The Nets already have a championship caliber coach in Avery Johnson.With Chris Paul and Lebron James on their team they will win more championships than what Jordan and Pippen won.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I doubt this comes to fruition. But Devin Harris + the 3rd overall pick is a good offer for CP3. If they add the expiring contracts of Dooling and Humphries for James Posey, they could easily get this deal done.

PG-Paul
SG-Courtney Lee
SF-Lebron
PF-???
C-Lopez

That's a scary lineup that would dominate for years. Hopefully this doesn't happen.

All the more reason to watch the draft this Thursday. The Knicks need to make moves to make them look more attractive.

Eddy Curry for Richard Hamilton anyone?

Richard Hamilton LOL, NO!

I seriously doubt this happens, New Orleans is more likely to trade Collison and to be honest, if I am the GM of New Orleans- Harris plus the 3 pick might not get the deal done.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's a good trade for the Hornets IF Peja's and Mo Pete's contracts were thrown in.

But if Lebron can't play with Rose as a ball dominant player, then he sure as shit can't play with Paul. Someone's stats will take a kick in the nuts.

I'll say 1.5% likelihood of that happening.

They could definitely chase Okafor and Collison by throwing in both Harris & Ching Chang Liang ,or whatever his name is, with the number 3.

Harris at the 2 with Paul would be a very quick back court.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Rotation player
LMAO

Devin Harris contract is a nightmare.

They're trying to trade AWAY bad contracts like Okafur NOT bring them IN.

It goes against everything that's been rumored.

They are not trading away their superstar for a mediocre player with yet another bad contract and a #3 pick.

The Daily News sucks at making bogus stories look legit.

are you kidding me, the hornets are going to trade chris paul for devin harris lol. The hornets would only do this mid season this year, if the hornets look terrible, and chris paul has not recovered 100 percent from his injury prone season. No way going into a season do you sink your ship like that if you truly have future considerations of winning championships which I feel that the hornets organization has in mind. this is stupid and why we post threads like this is unreal.

and p.s this rumor gets canceled out by the real rumor of them dumping collison in order to dump a hefty contract. That is the more likely, so that they can sign a melo or who ever. Chris paul you build around, you dont trade him for nuts and bolts.

CP3 to Nets

Hope it wont happen because I first count on getting CP3 to NY next year. I dont want anything good to happen to the Nets

New New York

Quiet Storm
NO Way!!!

Chris Paul is possibly the best player ever to play for them, no way they dump him for a lottery pick that amounts to a frontcourt player that they do not need!

NJ hates where they are drafting, so why should The Hornets trade away their best player for that pick

This is a good idea....but not happening.

Now The Wizards could do such a deal with the #1

This is just like the rumor a couple years ago that had Dwayne Wade going to Chi. for the number 1 pick....only this is less likely

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is such a stupid rumor.

Who the hell are the Nets going to trade for CP3? They don't have any expiring contracts, they don't have any good players they'd be willing to part with, I just don't see it happening.

Maybe if they traded Lopez + 3rd round pick and some more...but even then, it'd be a stretch since Paul is that good.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
No way is CP3 going to the Nets. NO is not going to accept a player who just came off a injury ( Harris ) and the 3rd pick for their franchise player. Are you kidding me? I agree with the others, for NO to even consider it the Nets would have to throw in Lopez and Williams with Harris and the 3rd pick.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Harris wouldn't work. New Orleans is trying to SHED salary, and the last thing they'd want to do is add Devin Harris' contract which runs through 2013. The ONLY reason they would trade Chris Paul would be to shed salary - for an expiring contract! Harris' is NOT an expiring contract.

It'd have to be the 3rd overall pick + Lopez + Williams and they'd probably have to get a 3rd team involved as well.

I could see a trade like this happening.

NO: Trades CP3 to Nets. Gets Lopez, Williams, 3rd overall pick, 1st rounder from another team
NJ: Trades Devin Harris to 3rd team. Trades Lopez, Williams, 3rd overall pick to NO. Gets CP3.
3rd team: Trades first rounder to NO, gets Devin Harris

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
This whole thread is ridiculous.

If NO trades Paul and gets Lopez, what are they going to do with Okafor?

And if they get Harris, they still have a big salary and they still have a PG dilemmea.

Smh at the people who believe this.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Allow me to officially dead this thread!

Peep the Daily News and they talk about how the NO has already turned down this offer and are not looking to move Paul

We're even mentioned as team going after Pau in the article.....but I think our best bet is to over Curry for Collison and Okafor.