Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 Days Away!!!!

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    That's too good to be true. No way. I would think the Spurs could get a lot more for Parker's expiring contract than Curry, Douglas and the 8th pick.

If they just want cap relief, why not just let Parker's contract expire?

Logic, people...logic.
    because if they did this trade they would get cap relief and the 8th pick

Originally Posted by phantom9000
    Losing Tony Parker and saving less than $2M on the cap doesn't count as a good +/- in anyone's book.

Especially when it's for the NBA's largest dick hole.

Originally Posted by phantom9000
    Like I said, they could get a lot more.

And why would the Clippers give up the 8th pick for Chandler? Wilson Chandler? Nobody knows about him outside of Knick fans. And he's just coming off of two surgeries this summer, busted with weed and two seasons in a row of having to shut it down early because of injury/surgery.

Chandler has little value. Do we really think we could trade him to get the 8th pick?

Plus the Clippers already have Travis Outlaw who pretty much = Wilson Chandler.

Okay, so here is the scoop. MY friend tells me that he was out the other night for some season ticket holder event and that "his sources" said this is the latest rumblings from insiders in the Knicks organization. He said he also saw something similar on Twitter today confirming what he heard.

He told me that it's a decent source and that he was correct about the Tmac trade several days before it went down. I tried pressing him but he guards these connects and secrets like he has a reputation to uphold. Moral of the story is that it's a rumor and we will all have to wait to see if it goes down. He did expect to see it hit the mainstream rumor mill soon...we will know then if he is full of it or not.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Okay, so here is the scoop. MY friend tells me that he was out the other night for some season ticket holder event and that "his sources" said this is the latest rumblings from insiders in the Knicks organization. He said he also saw something similar on Twitter today confirming what he heard.

He told me that it's a decent source and that he was correct about the Tmac trade several days before it went down. I tried pressing him but he guards these connects and secrets like he has a reputation to uphold. Moral of the story is that it's a rumor and we will all have to wait to see if it goes down. He did expect to see it hit the mainstream rumor mill soon...we will know then if he is full of it or not.
    Thank you squire.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    That's too good to be true. No way. I would think the Spurs could get a lot more for Parker's expiring contract than Curry, Douglas and the 8th pick.

If they just want cap relief, why not just let Parker's contract expire?

Logic, people...logic.
    the logic would be to get a good pg to pair with hill on the cheap...but the spurs are very high on ed davis and want him with that 8th pick. curry is just a throw in. i still think the spurs make out the best.

the questions is .. why would the clippers do this... i understand they get a slasher they need in chandler but is he worth just the 8th pic.. im sure the clips will also get SA first round pick.. ithink its like 20th.

i dont kno people have stated that derick rose wont work well with lebron due to the fact he needs the ball in order to be effective .... tony parker is the same way .... ill rather go for collison + okafor ... cuz we still need da big body

Not sure why the Clips would do that trade. Is Chandler worth the 8th pick?

Honestly we've seen this time and time again. All-star caliber players on teams that request to be traded, most of the time get their wish. Especially if they paid their dues. Also the Spurs are most likely going into rebuilding mode.

You know how a disgruntled player can mess with the team's success. If the Spurs were willing to honor his request to be traded then they will go after the best scenario. I don't think this trade is that. I agree Chandler worth the 8th pick, I don't think so.

Then again you never know. There have been worse trades done. Also If that trade has any potential, there definitely has to be more involved.

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Honestly we've seen this time and time again. All-star caliber players on teams that request to be traded, most of the time get their wish.
    Parker didn't request to be traded.
    Also the Spurs are most likely going into rebuilding mode.
    They're not. Word is they're trying to trade up in the draft and are close to signing the ACB regular season and finals MVP in Tiago Splitter. They're a couple years away from rebuilding.

You know how a disgruntled player can mess with the team's success.
    Parker is disgruntled?
    If the Spurs were willing to honor his request to be traded then they will go after the best scenario.
    Again, no request was made.
    I don't think this trade is that. I agree Chandler worth the 8th pick, I don't think so.
    Hopefully TR1LL10N will ask his buddy about that part.

So TR1LL10N, you didn't see this on twitter?

June 22, 2010 at 10:17 pm (Edit)

Please search for tweets by @RyanTrapasso (myself) and @JonKnicksFan from earlier today. It is very likely (but not 100% of course) that this person is just taking this and making it their own. It was a COMPLETE HYPOTHETICAL.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Ryan says:
    June 22, 2010 at 10:30 pm (Edit)

My mistake; it was from yesterday:

JonKnicksFan: @RyanTrapasso For instance, it’d have to be like, Curry, 8 and Douglas to the Spurs, Wil to the Clippers, Parker to the Knicks.
    10:13 PM Jun 21st via TweetDeck in reply to RyanTrapasso

Ryan says:
    June 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm (Edit)

Just don’t want y’all getting excited for nothing. Could be true but doubting it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    I don't like loosing TD. But I mean I guess that's how it works, lose something you like to get something you like. Plus more cap room and Parkers contract does expire in 2011. As long as we don't have to give up Gallinari and it's not a Dlee sign and trade, I'm for it.

Your 2011 knicks!

PG: Tony Parker
    SG: LeBron James
    SF: Danilo Gallinari
    PF: David Lee
    C: ?
    Your center would prob be Tyson Chandler or Brandon Haywood....then a draft pick as the back up....with Earl Barron playing the backup PF and sometimes center role.

tony parker never asked to be traded .... he said only way he will want 2 get traded is if hill starts ....soo his1st destination he will go to is the knicks

Veteran

I'm pessimistic about the Knicks making much noise on draft night with only 4 signed players, 3 if you exclude EC, whose stock extremely low. That and limited draft picks this year and in the near future,the Knicks just don't have a lot of flexibility.

Walsh would be a f**king genius if he pulls a rabbit out of his a** and gets us a first round pick.