Official Draft Thread 2010 LIVE

jpz17

Starter
I love the Rautins pick.. and don't question the system ;) Walsh knows his stuff. Look at Gallo, Douglas, Walker. All questionable at the time. Studs now

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
HOW MANY ****ING SFs DO WE ****ING NEED MIKE!?

FIELDS IS JUST ANOTHER WILSON CHANDLER!

LOOK AT THE MOTHER****ER!

We look like a ****ing high ****ing school ****ing team!:****off:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
HOW MANY ****ING SFs DO WE ****ING NEED MIKE!?

FIELDS IS JUST ANOTHER WILSON CHANDLER!

LOOK AT THE MOTHER****ER!

We look like a ****ing high ****ing school ****ing team!:****off:

i know mike's ****ing retarded and he definitely convinced Walsh to take this guy not knowing we have 3 SF's already there was no need for another we shoulda taken Alabi or Jordan

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The centers at 38/39 are a dime a dozen now; Walsh can pick up a more seasoned center of that caliber easy. And we got a guard - shooting one.

Yes but NOT AT THAT PRICE

EVERY single 7 footer in the league gets at least a MLE level contract because teams know how important it is to have a big man if you want to go ANYWHERE. That's why bigs like DeSagana Diop and Erick Dampier have such huge contracts despite the fact that well they kinda suck.

We won't be able to get a big man unless we take on a HUGE contract. Drafting Solomon Alabi and/or Jerome Jordan was our best chance to get a big man for cheap - and their contracts aren't even guaranteed so we can cut them if we want to.

But no, now we're stuck having to resort to trades that HAVEN'T HAPPENED yet. Where do you propose Walsh is going to get a center from?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I love the Rautins pick.. and don't question the system ;) Walsh knows his stuff. Look at Gallo, Douglas, Walker. All questionable at the time. Studs now

Douglas is not a "stud", Douglas is a "potential" stud that could end up being a dud just like Mardy Collins was.

Gallo is good, I'll give that to you.

And Walker wasn't a Walsh pick, Walker was via trading Nate to the Celtics

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Yes but NOT AT THAT PRICE

EVERY single 7 footer in the league gets at least a MLE level contract because teams know how important it is to have a big man if you want to go ANYWHERE. That's why bigs like DeSagana Diop and Erick Dampier have such huge contracts despite the fact that well they kinda suck.

We won't be able to get a big man unless we take on a HUGE contract. Drafting Solomon Alabi and/or Jerome Jordan was our best chance to get a big man for cheap - and their contracts aren't even guaranteed so we can cut them if we want to.

But no, now we're stuck having to resort to trades that HAVEN'T HAPPENED yet. Where do you propose Walsh is going to get a center from?

as it looks now we'll probably give T.Chandler or Hayward a huge contract cause i dont see why any free agent would wanna come with a bunch of SF'd....smfh

rw005

Benchwarmer
**** you D'amtoni, you had Verando on board, but NOOOOOOO I wont pick him cause he can't shoot a 3.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

YO, whats your defintion of stud? STUD? Come on, get real. Come on, the system is no system at all... The knicks SUCK not because our players totally suck, but because the "system" they implement sucks azz... There is no reason the Bucks should have had a better record than the knicks, the only reason that happened, is because they are able to gage talent better and have a better coach who actually has a system...

Red

TYPE-A
The centers at 38/39 are a dime a dozen now; Walsh can pick up a more seasoned center of that caliber easy. And we got a guard - shooting one.

Being a dime a dozen doesn't excuse them from neglecting a NEEDED position... TWICE! It only furthers the fact they should have acquired one.

How bout' the better C's and G's were taken just before us and all we had to do was offer money, which could of happened long ago.

But you think I should support drafting another G and SF. Not a shooting guard, a point guard is what we needed. We all know the good FA's are shooters, and we've BEEN the Small Forward Depot since...

How bout' we try something new? Or maybe we could continue to look insane.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Mike D didn't even talk about the draft picks. I really don't think they care about this draft. Which i think was essential for us. Not only picking up a C but filling our roster with cheap but efficient players.

mafra

Legend
People need to chill. I hate the second pick as much as anybody, but after 20 years of bitter disappointment when it comes to the draft.... are we really surprised? The sad thing is.... we traded away 3 first rounders (Hill + 2 future selections) just to dump 6 million bucks off the 2010 payroll.

Imagine what will happen if we fail to land a big time free agent or two? Complete disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still, this smells like trading Wilson Chandler is definitely an option. It might not be plan-A, but... POR dealt Webster away. Drafted a PG. I'm just saying.

Rautins was a good pick. He would fill the JJ Redick role if we get LJ. Just an option to come off the bench, and serve as a sniper. At 38, our options were/are limited.

I thought we should take one shooter and one big. Alibi, Jordan or Varnado.

BUT WE HAVE TO SEE THE ROSTER come Sept to judge. Heck, what if we sign Bosh or Amare, and LJ? Keep Curry or deal Eddy for Okefor. Would we really need Jarvis Varnado then?

BUT, if Walsh gets nothing and swings and misses come free agency.... COMPLETE DISASTER.

However, only a fool would make the Jeffries deal unless he felt (heard) he had a better than 50/50 chance to land LJ. Say, for example, someone saying LJ will come to NYC ONLY if you can bring Bosh as well? Who knows. Find out next week.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Here's another thing

Rautins is 23. He will be 24 years old by the time the 2010 NBA season is a month in.

Why the **** are we drafting a 24 year old? Are we high?

Donnie, if you like Landry Fields so much, SIGN HIM AFTER THE DRAFT BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE WAS DRAFTING HIM

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
People need to chill. I hate the second pick as much as anybody, but after 20 years of bitter disappointment when it comes to the draft.... are we really surprised? The sad thing is.... we traded away 3 first rounders (Hill + 2 future selections) just to dump 6 million bucks off the 2010 payroll.

Imagine what will happen if we fail to land a big time free agent or two? Complete disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still, this smells like trading Wilson Chandler is definitely an option. It might not be plan-A, but... POR dealt Webster away. Drafted a PG. I'm just saying.

Rautins was a good pick. He would fill the JJ Redick role if we get LJ. Just an option to come off the bench, and serve as a sniper. At 38, our options were/are limited.

I thought we should take one shooter and one big. Alibi, Jordan or Varnado.

BUT WE HAVE TO SEE THE ROSTER come Sept to judge. Heck, what if we sign Bosh or Amare, and LJ? Keep Curry or deal Eddy for Okefor. Would we really need Jarvis Varnado then?

BUT, if Walsh gets nothing and swings and misses come free agency.... COMPLETE DISASTER.

However, only a fool would make the Jeffries deal unless he felt (heard) he had a better than 50/50 chance to land LJ. Say, for example, someone saying LJ will come to NYC ONLY if you can bring Bosh as well? Who knows. Find out next week.

We are in a catch-22 If we had say the 5th pick in the draft and picked the exact same player it STILL would not guarantee LJ here and reduce cap flexibility. Look, the heat may keep 2 of the 5 they picked in the 2nd round. The bulls drafted someone who is not coming there. If Pat Riley does not get LJ he is the bigger fool because he has gutted his team and all the way to the core.

CoolClyde

no center, no defense

no center, no defense.
d'amntoni = no defense, no center
makes perfect sense for an imperfect team.

could've sworn Knicks would choose Sol's Alibi when he dropped down so far.
the skinny center was top pick available for the entire 2nd round.

chicago and miami have outsmarted Donnie Walsh's PLAN 2010,
both teams have better core players and better coach.
can't see any top tier F.A. maxi-pads coming our way...
wtf?

Donnie Walsh is the master...baiter
walshatwork.gif

:barf::gony:
fan-f*cking-tastic!
poor x-'cuse for a draft!
Andy Rottens?

Im still mad. A ****ing Wilson Chandler trade that brings in significant talent better go down within the next 5 hrs or something man.

mafra

Legend
Here's another thing

Rautins is 23. He will be 24 years old by the time the 2010 NBA season is a month in.

Why the **** are we drafting a 24 year old? Are we high?

Donnie, if you like Landry Fields so much, SIGN HIM AFTER THE DRAFT BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE WAS DRAFTING HIM

Walsh was dazed when MIL stole Hobson from him. He almost had no other plan, so decided to simply take the best shooter left. I have no clue on the other pick.

BUT, we could sign Zoubek & Scheyer after the draft. No bet Varnado will be better than Zoubek. Heck, or even better than Earl Barron.

Rautins is a great pick if we sign LJ. Having him and Gallo on the wing, with Bosh baseline.... That is a nice offense right there for LJ the point-forward.

Let's wait and see what happens in free agency.

I bet Fields is getting traded to POR, or Chandler (for the PG they drafted and Rudy Fernandez).

Knowing us, we take Varnado and Alibi dominates, or vice-versa.

If we really wanted to make a splash, we should have traded for Dominique Jones like DAL did. He's like D-Wade-lite.