Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 119

Thread: Official Draft Thread 2010 LIVE

  1. #91
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    Miami has no core and no coace there ARE ONLY 2 PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER; WADE & BEASLEY
    Wade and Beasley > Douglas, Walker, Chandler, and Gallo (and two scrubs who will have been waived by the time training camp starts).

    Even then just having Wade alone is way more valuable than having Douglas, Walker, Chandler, and Gallo.

    Point being.... in the second round you draft the best player available, trying to fill a need in round 2 is like trying to find your dream car on a random used car lot! Or like trying to find your dream girl at a drunken Mardi Gras party


    I would've been fine with not drafting a C or PG if we were going after the best player available.

    For example, if we drafted Lance Stephenson (an SG, who we already have), I wouldn't have cared, because although he's young and raw he has HUGE upside and is athletic and is projected to be a damn good player.

    Andy Rautins and Landry Fields were NOT the most talented players available. Period.

  2. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Patrick Ewing was also drafted in an era where most players finished college. It isn't like nowadays when any player worth half his salt is usually out of college by sophomore year. When was the last time a college senior actually made a decent NBA impact? Never, that's when - because players that stay in college for 4 years usually stay because they have no shot of getting drafted in the first three.

    Patrick Ewing also came out of college considered to be one of the top prospects of all time. Scouts thought he was going to change the way the center position was played. He was so highly touted and everybody knew that he was unquestionably the #1 pick in that draft.

    Andy Rautins isn't anywhere close. He's undersized, slow, and unathletic. He might be a decent player, but why not take your chances with Lance Stephenson instead, who has freakish athleticism and is FIVE YEARS YOUNGER?

    Or Solomon Alabi who has a skill that's actually rare and hard to find (ie being really tall)? Rautins might not be a terrible pick but he's nothing special.

    Don't even get me started on Landry Fields - we shouldn't have drafted him because NOBODY was going to - we could've signed him as an undrafted free agent and used our second pick on Solomon Alabi.

    And you're right - Varnado will get eaten alive by some big guys, but so will Earl Barron, Chris Bosh, and Emeka Okafor. It just doesn't make sense to me.

    It'd be one thing to take the best player available if there was some rationale behind it - ie you don't want to be like the Blazers and pass on Michael Jordan because you already have a SG.

    But Andy Rautins is not Michael Jordan, and neither is Landry Fields. Neither of them looks like an NBA starter, to be quite honest.
    Alabi is not going to start either. Second, its the 38th pick. If Alabi or Zoubek don't get drafted and we sign one of them what will you say then.

    Do you know how many second rounders actually make the team; not many.

    Too many people on this board are acting like we had the 10/11 picks in the draft.

  3. #93
    Member TheChosen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Alan Hahn reporting Jerome Jordan will be bought by the Knicks from Mil for Cash. Now that's whats up!

  4. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    rumor from realgm: Alan Hahn of Newsday is reporting that Jerome Jordan will be acquired by the Knicks from Milwaukee for cash.

    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #95
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    Alabi is not going to start either. Second, its the 38th pick. If Alabi or Zoubek don't get drafted and we sign one of them what will you say then.

    Do you know how many second rounders actually make the team; not many.

    Too many people on this board are acting like we had the 10/11 picks in the draft.
    Alabi got drafted by the Mavericks, so that's that.

    I KNOW not many second rounders make the team. That doesn't mean you should waste the pick on a player with no potential. Not many second rounders make NBA rosters, but teams get all-stars out of the second round (Gilbert Arenas, Carlos Boozer, Rashard Lewis, Michael Redd, Manu Ginobili, Dennis Rodman, Mark Price, etc.) and we'd be stupid not to take second round players who are raw and have potential (ie LANCE STEPHENSON).

    And even if we end up signing a decent undrafted FA as a center, it'll still be a stupid pick because we could've gotten that center with the 39th pick and signed Landry Fields as an undrafted FA instead (because honestly nobody was going to draft him and most scouts didn't even have him in the top 100), but no we wasted our pick on a kid who was a bench player for his first two years in college.

  6. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    aaa! the chosen one beat me! lol

  7. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Wade and Beasley > Douglas, Walker, Chandler, and Gallo (and two scrubs who will have been waived by the time training camp starts).

    Even then just having Wade alone is way more valuable than having Douglas, Walker, Chandler, and Gallo.



    I would've been fine with not drafting a C or PG if we were going after the best player available.

    For example, if we drafted Lance Stephenson (an SG, who we already have), I wouldn't have cared, because although he's young and raw he has HUGE upside and is athletic and is projected to be a damn good player.

    Andy Rautins and Landry Fields were NOT the most talented players available. Period.
    [/size]
    This statement actually shows lack of bball IQ. The core of the Cavaliers outside of Lebron is BETTER than anything the heat, knicks, or bulls have as teams; and they have not won. So if you think that you can just throw LJ with wade/Beasley and then anyone else on the floor and they win then you know nothing about basketball; sorry.

  8. #98
    Member TheChosen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Alej_Correa
    aaa! the chosen one beat me! lol
    My bad lol. But hey its good enough news to be reported twice.

  9. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The trade of Alabi to Toronto all but confirms that the Raptors know Bosh is GONE.

  10. #100
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    This statement actually shows lack of bball IQ. The core of the Cavaliers outside of Lebron is BETTER than anything the heat, knicks, or bulls have as teams; and they have not won. So if you think that you can just throw LJ with wade/Beasley and then anyone else on the floor and they win then you know nothing about basketball; sorry.
    Do you seriously think the core of the Cavaliers outside of LeBron is better than the Bulls or the Heat?

    The Bulls have Derrick Rose, one of the best up and coming players in the game today (along with Kevin Durant, Tyreke Evans, and Brooke Lopez).

    The Heat have Dwyane Wade, a superstar and top 5 player in the NBA.

    The Cavaliers have Mo Williams (who's a DECENT player but you'd have to be a moron to think he's as good as Rose or Wade) and Antawn Jamison (who is old and showed he could no longer produce come playoff time, not to mention he still has more time left on his contract). The rest of their team sucks.

  11. #101
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Of course Bosh is gone. He is a Knick. It's just not been confirmed yet.

  12. #102
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Alan Hahn reporting Jerome Jordan will be bought by the Knicks from Mil for Cash. Now that's whats up!
    i was pissed off up until recently when i found out we got this dude now im happy again we got that needed C he plays defense so thats fine by me

  13. #103
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    That being said I'm happy Walsh got his head out of his ass and got us a center. I can deal with us getting Jerome Jordan instead of Alabi (even though I wanted Alabi more) but I'm still upset at the fact that Walsh somehow thought the best way for the team to win was to get Landry Fields.

  14. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Do you seriously think the core of the Cavaliers outside of LeBron is better than the Bulls or the Heat?

    The Bulls have Derrick Rose, one of the best up and coming players in the game today (along with Kevin Durant, Tyreke Evans, and Brooke Lopez).

    The Heat have Dwyane Wade, a superstar and top 5 player in the NBA.

    The Cavaliers have Mo Williams (who's a DECENT player but you'd have to be a moron to think he's as good as Rose or Wade) and Antawn Jamison (who is old and showed he could no longer produce come playoff time, not to mention he still has more time left on his contract). The rest of their team sucks.
    Dwayne wade did what with his group? Okay. Lebron got a lot further than miami did which tells me that cleveland's crew is better than the heat.

    The bulls maybe slightly better.

  15. #105
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    The trade of Alabi to Toronto all but confirms that the Raptors know Bosh is GONE.
    oh yea because Alabi is a perfect backup to Chris Bosh...please

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Official Draft Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Jun 05, 2010, 18:57
  2. Every draft prospect who is IN and OUT
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2010, 19:28
  3. Official 2010 Free Agency Thread
    By DaTPRiNCE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2010, 22:35
  4. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 09:43
  5. Official Draft Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2006, 00:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •