GS Having A Fire Sale Would you trade for Ellis or Biedrens AND still sign 2 Max's?

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
ESPN?s Chad Ford has another draft update, claiming that the Warriors? No. 6 pick is available for trade, but only if teams are willing to take Monta Ellis and his big contract with it.

The Warriors are talking to a number of teams about potential trades and it looks like the No. 6 pick in the draft is up for grabs. The cost, however is high. The Warriors want whoever takes the pick to take on the contract of Monta Ellis as part of the deal. If the Warriors keep the pick, they?re deciding between Greg Monroe and Ekpe Udoh. My source continues to support what I wrote last night ? Udoh has the edge.

This, in addition to the Maggette trade and the Andris Biedrins trade rumors, indicates the Warriors are in full roster sale mode right now for the new owner(s). The worst contract (Maggette) is gone. It seems like the Warriors would like to get out from under the other two big contracts on their roster, those of Ellis and Biedrins.

Ellis has three years and $33 million remaining on his contract, followed by a player option after that for one year at $11 million. Biedrins had three years and $27 million remaining, with a player option for one year at $9 million for the 2013-14 season.

ESPN is pretty confident in this Udoh news. I?ll believe it when I see it. You can?t always believe what teams and agents are putting out there on draft night eve. If you remember, everybody in the world thought the Warriors were a lock to draft Jordan Hill last season

Its possible the Knicks can trade Eddy Curry For either of them stright up. They both work on the ESPN Trade machine. If your worried about the #6 pick, include Chandler as part of the deal, to even the salaries out. So if this rumor was true and all you had to do is absorb the contract of Ellis or Biedrens and recieve the #6 pick would you do either trades if it means giving up Curry+ Chandler and still have room to sign 2 Max's?

http://warriors.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/10851/warriors-trying-to-deal-ellis/

ok ...... donnie can sign 2 maxes if he Trades for either of them. Curry makes 11.2M Monta makes 11M For the Next 3 years + a player option. The #6 pick starting salary is 2.5M, so trade Chandler who also has a qualifying offer of 2.1M Its REAL close but in the end it should work out ... or you can get a 3rd team involved that wants Monta, offer Curry for cap relief, take back a smaller contract and call it a day...... i think walsh should put the deal on the table to be made when he finds out who is going to be available at #6 if it's cousins he have to make that trade.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Considering what they can get for including the 6th pick and a top 10 scorer, they'll laugh in Donnie's face when he throws Curry at them. Look for the Wolves or Bucks to make it happen.

We don't stand a chance.

We have nothing to trade (willingly) but Mr. 2 Surgeries and a weed felony Chandler.

Kiyaman

Legend
Golden State Warriors dealing with the Knicks in another trade anytime soon is a 1 and a million chance.
The Knicks (Dolan) FIRED coach Don Nelson!
and somehow a couple of months after the Knicks traded Jamal Crawful to GS, the Warriors G.M. Mullin was FIRED.
It wasnt a coincidence of GS selecting Stephon Curry in the draft, when they havnt traded Crawful yet, plus their roster needed F/C-Jordan Hill out of the draft. Making GS Star SG-S.Jackson want to be traded.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Actually, our only real competition is Minnesota if GS really is having a fire sale and just wants to dump salary with out taking contracts with any substantial dollar values in return. Ellis's value has declined and the other teams that have cap room have that position filled as well as having no interest in a 6' 3" shooting guard playing the 1 spot. Now Andris Biedrins is a different story! Bigs with a level of talent is a premium in this league and GS will part with Andris Biedrins for a salary dump but they are going to want picks in return and/or inexpensive young, promising talent. I think NY can get Ellis for Curry's contract but do we want him?!?!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Golden State Warriors dealing with the Knicks in another trade anytime soon is a 1 and a million chance.
and somehow a couple of months after the Knicks traded Jamal Crawful to GS, the Warriors G.M. Mullin was FIRED.
It wasnt a coincidence of GS selecting Stephon Curry in the draft, when they havnt traded Crawful yet, plus their roster needed F/C-Jordan Hill out of the draft. Making GS Star SG-S.Jackson want to be traded.

Ummm.....they had traded before the pick was made if memory serves me...but even if they had not yet the deal at that point was obviously in serious negotians.

G-State had the oppotunity to trade for Amare but The Suns wanted Curry and Nelson said no!

Point being....Curry was not drafted out of spite.

Chris Mullin being Fired had nothing to do with him trading with The Knicks! Chris Mullin was a horrible GM, had it not been for the disaster that was Isiah Thomas Mullin wouldve caught much more hell than he did for his horrible moves!

Lastly.....Dolan didnt fire Don Nelson! That was Dave Checketts!

Not to mention Owners don't fire players GM's do and that wouldve been Ernie Grunfield

p0nder

Starter
I don't want Either of these players. In the new New york knicks I would see both of these players as backups at best. that's my hope anyways.

GetRealistic

Starter

I recall the Knicks and Warriors making a trade not that long ago... Crawford for Harrington ring a bell? Stop with the conspiracy theories. Go 2007 Knicks Summer League Team!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think the Knicks shoul explore this. Yes Ellis is a head case but he can score and if we want lebron he would be a good fit with him. Plus the best part would be getting the 6 pick where we can draft a franchise center cousins udon Monroe while giving up curry will and some cash. once that's done, we still have cap space for our 2 maxes lebron and bosh.