Knicks Want To Move Up For Brackins, Hobson Or Vasquez

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks don't have a first-round pick in Thursday's NBA Draft, but the New York Daily News reports that they are trying to acquire one in order to take one of three players.

According to sources, New York has set their sights on Iowa State forward Craig Brackins, New Mexico small forward Darinngton Hobson and Maryland guard Greivis Vasquez.

Brackins is the most likely to go in the first round.

The Knicks have back-to-back picks, 38th and 39th, in the second round.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...for_brackins_hobson_or_vasquez/#ixzz0rlv2FDno

I'm not high an either of those guys.

Don't you guys agree Knicks need to make a POWER move on draft night and stop being so damn conservative? We never had a GOOD draft since Ewing.
Its about time things ****ing change already.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Say NO to Vasquez! Ive watched him here in MD for the past 3 seasons. He is a Turnover machine and a complete douche bag off the court.

mafra

Legend
Say NO to Vasquez! Ive watched him here in MD for the past 3 seasons. He is a Turnover machine and a complete douche bag off the court.

I agree. I would rather risk it, wait until draft ends (or trade for a late 2nd rounder) and snag jon Scheyer. If anything, I would trade up for Jordan Crawford.

I don't know much about Brackins. Seems like a David Lee replacement. Is the typical D'ant big man, which means little defense, somewhat interior game but can shoot the outside shot and run. Big deal. Is this really worth the cap hit and trade? Maybe, but not at the expense of dealing both our 2nd rounders.

We need safety in numbers. Cast our net wide, bring in 3 guys and hope something sticks.

I'm on record declaring that I covet Jarvis Varnado in the 2nd round. We need his defense.

Getting Crawford and Varnado is safe, b/c the both EXCEL at what they do best. Crawford can catch and shoot from anywhere, and Varnado roams the paint and alters shots.

Toss in a Zoubek and Scheyer after the draft.... good to go.

FINALLY, the only reason you draft Hobson is if you deal Wilson Chandler.

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm not high an either of those guys.

Don't you guys agree Knicks need to make a POWER move on draft night and stop being so damn conservative? We never had a GOOD draft since Ewing.
Its about time things ****ing change already.

Weak draft this year... Not really many options to make a splash in this draft... Only way tonight becomes interesting is if we make a trade for a fringe all-star or find a way to get even more cap space.

Blas

Benchwarmer

I would say yes to Vasquez if we are looking for a future two guard, but as a PG I have my doubts.

His turnovers: You are right he is a turnover machine; however, look at his situation, he had no one on that Maryland team. Everything was on his shoulders. He had to force some desperate shots because there was no other option.

Him being a douche bag: He isn't one. The kid is extremely passionate and has a great work ethic. He came to this country w/o speaking English and had to adjust from a South American Latin life to an American. This is a very tough thing to do and his adjustments give him more credit. I first thought the same thing about him until I found out his story and I could relate to some of it.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I would say yes to Vasquez if we are looking for a future two guard, but as a PG I have my doubts.

His turnovers: You are right he is a turnover machine; however, look at his situation, he had no one on that Maryland team. Everything was on his shoulders. He had to force some desperate shots because there was no other option.

Him being a douche bag: He isn't one. The kid is extremely passionate and has a great work ethic. He came to this country w/o speaking English and had to adjust from a South American Latin life to an American. This is a very tough thing to do and his adjustments give him more credit. I first thought the same thing about him until I found out his story and I could relate to some of it.

I understand what your saying and I've heard the story a million times. Unless you go to the university of maryland you don't understand how much of a pompous ass hole this guy actually is. He walks around campus and the bars like he was michael jordan it was unbelievable. I don't think he will be able to humble himself when he gets to the nba.

Although his supporting cast wasn't great he had guys like eric hayes who is a great 3 point shooter and guys like landon milbourne and mosely. Whether or not his cast is great doesn't change the fact that his shot selection is attrocious. I don't know how many times a game I would scream out noooo at one of his rediculous circus shots. He's a passionate player and that's why he gets so much love at umd and natioanlly but he's honestly not nba ready

metrocard

Legend
Weak draft this year... Not really many options to make a splash in this draft... Only way tonight becomes interesting is if we make a trade for a fringe all-star or find a way to get even more cap space.

This draft is actually very deep, do your research.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I understand what your saying and I've heard the story a million times. Unless you go to the university of maryland you don't understand how much of a pompous ass hole this guy actually is. He walks around campus and the bars like he was michael jordan it was unbelievable. I don't think he will be able to humble himself when he gets to the nba.

Although his supporting cast wasn't great he had guys like eric hayes who is a great 3 point shooter and guys like landon milbourne and mosely. Whether or not his cast is great doesn't change the fact that his shot selection is attrocious. I don't know how many times a game I would scream out noooo at one of his rediculous circus shots. He's a passionate player and that's why he gets so much love at umd and natioanlly but he's honestly not nba ready

I'm a terp