Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Official Andy Rautins Thread

we did get a big man....jerome jordan.

i've seen his syracuse games and the guy can shoot his ass off .... the way he runs tru screens to find the open shot reminds me alot like rip hamilton .. his bball iq is pretty good ... gallo and him are going to complement each other ... when team face us dey gotta make sure they dont leave neither of those 2 open

Default Johnny Rottens good/bad points

From the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle writer
    Bob Matthews June 27, 2010

This guy covers Serious-Excuse basketball:

Wesley Johnson and Andy Rautins appear to have landed on NBA teams well-suited to the up-tempo offensive style they thrived in at Syracuse University....

The Knicks are touting Rautins as an "excellent shooter" and a "combination guard" who can play point guard or shooting guard.

A few things Rautins has going for him:

The Knicks will enter the free-agent period July 1 with only five players under contract (including a few bodies management probably feels stuck with): Toney Douglas, Bill Walker, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry.

The Knicks no longer are the favorite to win the LeBron James Sweepstakes, but they have space under the cap to sign two quality free agents.

The Knicks will need a few bottom-feeders on the payroll, and Rautins has great chance to fill one of those spots; Rautins has compared himself to Steve Nash. That's a stretch, but he has some attributes coach Mike D'Antoni is looking for he can run the court, dish off on the break and has a quick release on his shot; Madison Square Garden fans are partial to Syracuse players and will appreciate Andy's hustling, hard-nosed style. They haven't seen much of that in recent seasons.

Rautins' playing time as a rookie will in large measure be determined by the high-profile free agents the Knicks sign. If the team doesn't upgrade at point guard, Andy could see considerable action. My major concern is his defensive potential. He works hard but I wonder if he has the speed and strength to adequately defend on a consistent basis. By NBA standards, he isn't a big man (6-foot-4, 195 pounds) and he isn't quick or fast.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boeheim: Andy fits nice-Lee

By MARC BERMAN

<!-- context: -->Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said he thinks the Knicks have pulled off another mid-draft steal along the lines of David Lee.

Syracuse guard Andy Rautins, selected at No. 38 in Thursday's draft, was picked even later than Lee, who was the last pick of the first round five years ago as a Florida senior. Lee made his first All-Star in February and is ready for a big free-agent payday this summer.

Boeheim said he believes Rautins was a victim of a draft bias against college seniors, overlooked for fear they already have reached their potential.

"He's a lot better player than people think he is," Boeheim told The Post. "I'd like to say he's just a great shooter, which he is, but he can do other things -- pass and defend."

Boeheim said he fielded calls from teams late in the first round and Rautins lasted longer than Boeheim thought he would.

"You look at the first round and there's so many teams drafting young guys on potential," Boeheim said. "They could be good. But then you find out they never get to be good. Andy's ready to play now.

"Guys that work hard get better, like [Michael] Jordan," Boeheim added. "Guys that don't work hard don't get better. Andy works hard and will get better like David Lee did. People missed the boat on Lee. Andy's a workaholic."

Boeheim has spent three summers with Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni as an assistant on Team USA.

"He's a great offensive coach, one of the best I've seen," Boeheim said. "A lot of Mike's offense depends on making perimeter shots, and he can do that. It's a good fit for the Knicks."

good article.. I'm ready to see this guy play.

Originally Posted by mafra
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boeheim: Andy fits nice-Lee

By MARC BERMAN

<!-- context: -->Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said he thinks the Knicks have pulled off another mid-draft steal along the lines of David Lee.

Syracuse guard Andy Rautins, selected at No. 38 in Thursday's draft, was picked even later than Lee, who was the last pick of the first round five years ago as a Florida senior. Lee made his first All-Star in February and is ready for a big free-agent payday this summer.

Boeheim said he believes Rautins was a victim of a draft bias against college seniors, overlooked for fear they already have reached their potential.

"He's a lot better player than people think he is," Boeheim told The Post. "I'd like to say he's just a great shooter, which he is, but he can do other things -- pass and defend."

Boeheim said he fielded calls from teams late in the first round and Rautins lasted longer than Boeheim thought he would.

"You look at the first round and there's so many teams drafting young guys on potential," Boeheim said. "They could be good. But then you find out they never get to be good. Andy's ready to play now.

"Guys that work hard get better, like [Michael] Jordan," Boeheim added. "Guys that don't work hard don't get better. Andy works hard and will get better like David Lee did. People missed the boat on Lee. Andy's a workaholic."

Boeheim has spent three summers with Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni as an assistant on Team USA.

"He's a great offensive coach, one of the best I've seen," Boeheim said. "A lot of Mike's offense depends on making perimeter shots, and he can do that. It's a good fit for the Knicks."
    Thanks for finding this article. It affrims what I stated earlier:

Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    How many of you thought David Lee of all people was going to be an all-star forward from watching him in college?

His athleticism is less then stellar, and he had a basic offensive game. It was his attitude, work ethic, and hustle that has made him surpass anyone's expectations of him.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

i like this kid... plays with heart... he may be raching comparing himself to nash.. but he is a better defensive player than nash by far.. id sacrafice a little on the o end to defense

We stole this kid.

I think this kid may be another Lee as well...at least with his work ethic...i like this pick