Official Landry Fields Thread

mafra

Legend
That play off the Turiaf missed free throw... WOW!

Not only did he put the ball back in the basket, but drew a foul as well. SIMPLY AMAZING.

IMHO, FIELDS is untouchable. WHY? B/C he's the perfect compliment to surround Felton-STAT plus one more star. He's an all-star role player, you know what I mean.

6"7' SG, who can score 14 points on 7 shots. Get his own without needing the ball. Does a little of everything.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That play off the Turiaf missed free throw... WOW!

Not only did he put the ball back in the basket, but drew a foul as well. SIMPLY AMAZING.

IMHO, FIELDS is untouchable. WHY? B/C he's the perfect compliment to surround Felton-STAT plus one more star. He's an all-star role player, you know what I mean.

6"7' SG, who can score 14 points on 7 shots. Get his own without needing the ball. Does a little of everything.

Agreed. He can stay the same throughout the rest of his career and I'd still be completely happy with him. In some ways he's the best player on our team because he's not just versatile, but he's having an impact in each area.

And...he might not stay the same...he could get even better.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

Exactly!!!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
A year ago we knew nothing about this kid, just wanted to bump this thread! :beer:

He's been great so far. The steal of the Draft, unfortunately he's in a big slump right now - the worst time of the year for that.

Still like him and I hope he can improve over the summer, especially his spot up shooting needs refinement.

iSaYughh

Starter
He's been great so far. The steal of the Draft, unfortunately he's in a big slump right now - the worst time of the year for that.

Still like him and I hope he can improve over the summer, especially his spot up shooting needs refinement.

I like what I saw last night. Couple shrewd steals, a solid outside shot, nice power slash and dunk.

My issue w fields is he is such a poor passer, relative to being a starting 2 vs a 3, or 6th man type sg-sf.

Especially when our style is so predicated on ball movement, and with the uncertain nature of our pg position.

We lost a potential offensive facilitator in Gallo, and we don't have a Iggy or Joe Johnson type of sg on us.

Could live easier w Douglas as starting pg next yr if fields could pass, or we had a legit sg to start, thereby letting Fields be our 6th n further beef our bench up.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
A year ago we knew nothing about this kid, just wanted to bump this thread! :beer:

Haha, love those fans reaction to the pick. Reminded of me of when Sanchez was drafted in the NFL draft and all the fans were screaming "Horrible! What?!"

Fields was such a steal, and keep in mind- He is only still a ROOKIE. He is ONLY going to get better!