Official Jerome Jordan Thread

Red

TYPE-A
Haha. Then at best we get to look forward to Darko 2.0 getting splinters in his ass as he rides the bench with McFlurry!

At best we have just added 3 NBA caliber players to our team WITHOUT affecting our cap number. That's a +:thumbsup:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Jerome Jordan is a solid prospect, and a great value at the 44th pick. To the poster who claimed that no one knows anything about Jerome Jordan, stop assuming. I have seen him twice. I watch a crap load of college basketball, and he looked impressive. Tulsa played Duke and Memphis and he held his own. He is also a good rebounder. Of all the major statistics in basketball, the statistic that is the best predictor is rebounding. In other words, if a player is a good rebounder in college, he tends to be a good rebounder in the NBA. There are exceptions of course, but generally, it's a good indicator.

His IQ seems strong. He moves well without the ball. While there is a lot I don't know about him, i.e. Court vision, passing, running in transition, he definitely has the tools. He might be a steal.

My burning question is simply, what are we going to do with our major hole in the point guard position? Please do not say "Scottie Reynolds." And I have to say, I am glad Vasquez is not on our squad. Offensively, he is a solid guard (not great though). On defense, he is HORRIBLE. I never seen someone who gets beat so often. I like Jerome Randle.

CoolClyde

James vs Jordan

Let's be honest: no one in New York has ever seen Jerome James play. I have no idea how talented the guy is, but after watching a few videos he seems like a guy with his head in the right place. He likely spend more time on the bench than he will on the floor and Chris Bosh can hopefully take his spot in the lineup at center.
haha, it's true, no one in New York ever really saw Jerome James play!!

the kid seems like the best prospective center we could've gotten after the daft picks at 38/39. let's hope he's productive. yah mon.

As long as Cory Spaghetti passes his physical on Monday for the Buckers, we can celebrate finally having a Jordan in NYC!

Last edited:

rfbaboy

Rookie
The pros on this kid is that he is agile and can run the floor for a guy his size. Hes not explosively quick but at least a guy that wont struggle going up and down the court.

He also looks pretty polished with some decent low post moves and can knock down a shot from 15 feet. As what some have already said the kid is a decent rebounder and hopefully he can use that 7'5" wingspan to block some shots. Hes not a freakish athlete and lacks some strength.

Doesn't he remind you off Camby when he was at UMass?

Kiyaman

Legend
After watching the video the first thing I notice is the "Jamacan Sensation" does not use his left hand for anything....catching, shooting, dribbling, or passing, so I'm guessing its hard for him to defend or blockshots of a right handed opponent.
It's not hard to figure out why he was the 44th pick in his draft class.

Red

TYPE-A
After watching the video the first thing I notice is the "Jamacan Sensation" does not use his left hand for anything....catching, shooting, dribbling, or passing, so I'm guessing its hard for him to defend or blockshots of a right handed opponent.
It's not hard to figure out why he was the 44th pick in his draft class.

At #44 and with just 1 highlight reel, he's probably better defensively than any
big currently on the roster (Lee, EC).

Although thats not saying much, you should be happy because D'Ants feet are to the fire and we might have a big. Maybe its a blessing if the draft didn't go well, as that could mean the end for him.

metrocard

Legend
14akfaf.gif