Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Jerome Jordan Thread

Yeah can someone post an article from a credible site like ESPN or Yahoo Sports

Sources: Knicks trade for Bucks' pick
    EmailPrintComments
    By Chris Sheridan
    ESPN.com
    Archive
    NEW YORK -- Turns out the New York Knicks picked up three players, not two, in the second round of Thursday night's NBA draft.

But the third guy, Jerome Jordan, a 7-foot-1 center from Tulsa selected by Milwaukee with the 44th overall pick, cannot officially be traded by the Bucks until next week, and the deal is contingent upon Corey Maggette passing his physical Monday in Milwaukee.

NBA Today: 6/25

Chad Ford shares the winners and losers of the NBA draft and explains why Knicks fans should prepare themselves for a tough summer.

More Podcasts
    Knicks president Donnie Walsh had made a cryptic allusion to a pending deal when he met with reporters Thursday night at the team's suburban headquarters in Greenburgh, N.Y., and two league sources revealed the identity of the mystery player to ESPN.com Friday morning.

The Knicks surrendered $1 million in the pending trade for Jordan, a 23-year-old senior with a 7-foot-6 wingspan who averaged 15.4 points and 9.1 rebounds for Tulsa.

Jordan helps fill the Knicks' need for size -- a need that was not addressed when they selected Syracuse guard Andy Rautins at No. 38 and Stanford small forward Landry Fields at No. 39.

The 44th pick was the property of the Portland Trail Blazers at the beginning of the week, but it was sent along with $2 million to Golden State in exchange for the 34th pick.

The Warriors then shipped the 44th pick to the Bucks along with Maggette in exchange for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric, but that trade will not be official until Maggette passes his physical.

If the deal goes through, the Knicks will have five players (Eddy Curry, Danilo Gallinari, Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker) under contract beyond July 1. The rights to Rautins, Fields and Jordan will not affect the Knicks' approximately $36 million in salary-cap space.
    Like I said... Coachem' up D'Ant! No Excuses!

Originally Posted by knicksvision
    Let's be honest: no one in New York has ever seen Jerome James play. I have no idea how talented the guy is, but after watching a few videos he seems like a guy with his head in the right place. He likely spend more time on the bench than he will on the floor and Chris Bosh can hopefully take his spot in the lineup at center.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!! I was excited about picking up this kid but you have now ruined him already by calling him Jerome James

Not expecting much truthfully

At best he is Darko.

Veteran

If he's Darko at best, then we're in great shape, cause Darko is a great shot blocker who has a talent that we desperately lacked.

Veteran

Haha. Then at best we get to look forward to Darko 2.0 getting splinters in his ass as he rides the bench with McFlurry!

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Haha. Then at best we get to look forward to Darko 2.0 getting splinters in his ass as he rides the bench with McFlurry!
    At best we have just added 3 NBA caliber players to our team WITHOUT affecting our cap number. That's a +

Originally Posted by Oakman88
    I hope he can run the floor in our speed offense.
    John Rothstein says he has a motor like Randolph Morris which means he can not run the floor.

Originally Posted by WNY_Knickfan
    NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!! I was excited about picking up this kid but you have now ruined him already by calling him Jerome James
    Hey, someone was bound to do it accidently haha.

Here's a better vid of the kid

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Here's a better vid of the kid

After 1,440 something post, this is your first of quality and it didn't required much said.

Congratulations.

Well that's 1 - nil then isn't it pauper

Jerome Jordan is a solid prospect, and a great value at the 44th pick. To the poster who claimed that no one knows anything about Jerome Jordan, stop assuming. I have seen him twice. I watch a crap load of college basketball, and he looked impressive. Tulsa played Duke and Memphis and he held his own. He is also a good rebounder. Of all the major statistics in basketball, the statistic that is the best predictor is rebounding. In other words, if a player is a good rebounder in college, he tends to be a good rebounder in the NBA. There are exceptions of course, but generally, it's a good indicator.

His IQ seems strong. He moves well without the ball. While there is a lot I don't know about him, i.e. Court vision, passing, running in transition, he definitely has the tools. He might be a steal.

My burning question is simply, what are we going to do with our major hole in the point guard position? Please do not say "Scottie Reynolds." And I have to say, I am glad Vasquez is not on our squad. Offensively, he is a solid guard (not great though). On defense, he is HORRIBLE. I never seen someone who gets beat so often. I like Jerome Randle.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I'll say right now.

Jordan is a sleeper for 2nd team all ROY.

Default James vs Jordan

Originally Posted by knicksvision
    Let's be honest: no one in New York has ever seen Jerome James play. I have no idea how talented the guy is, but after watching a few videos he seems like a guy with his head in the right place. He likely spend more time on the bench than he will on the floor and Chris Bosh can hopefully take his spot in the lineup at center.

haha, it's true, no one in New York ever really saw Jerome James play!!

the kid seems like the best prospective center we could've gotten after the daft picks at 38/39. let's hope he's productive. yah mon.

As long as Cory Spaghetti passes his physical on Monday for the Buckers, we can celebrate finally having a Jordan in NYC!
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Jun 26, 2010 at 21:59. Reason: forgot the spaghetti

Lurker

The pros on this kid is that he is agile and can run the floor for a guy his size. Hes not explosively quick but at least a guy that wont struggle going up and down the court.

He also looks pretty polished with some decent low post moves and can knock down a shot from 15 feet. As what some have already said the kid is a decent rebounder and hopefully he can use that 7'5" wingspan to block some shots. Hes not a freakish athlete and lacks some strength.

Doesn't he remind you off Camby when he was at UMass?