Would you rather overpay for Amar'e or Thomas-Farmar?

mafra

Legend
Just wondering.... If we fail to lure Lebron James, would it be better to slightly overpay to lure 2 restricted free agents (Jordan Farmar & Tyrus Thomas), or would it be better to sign Amar'e to a max contract?

I think putting all our eggs in the Johnson-Amar'e basket is suicide. I could deal with handing one of them a max contract, but not both!

SO, say we work out a sign and trade with ATL. Keep our cap space, Johnson gets more money and ATL gets something instead of nothing. We deal Curry-Chandler for JJ.

This leave us in great shape.

We could then sign David Lee. Offer Farmar and Thomas good money, making it hard for their teams to match.

Wouldn't this be the wiser move? Getting more bang for your buck?

Thomas-Lee would compliment each other; Farmar-Douglas would run the point. Johnson-Gallo handle the scoring.

I think this has more balance than signing Amar'e.

OR.... if you had to pick one: would you take Amar'e instead of Johnson?

Which one:

1. JJ & Amar'e
2. JJ plus 2 other options
3. Amar'e plus 2 other options

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd rather have Lee and Gallo than Amar'e and a demon BJ from the queen. Thomas is practically locked in with the Knobcats anyway isn't he.

Edit: **** Cho Chokeson!

Paul1355

All Star
Just wondering.... If we fail to lure Lebron James, would it be better to slightly overpay to lure 2 restricted free agents (Jordan Farmar & Tyrus Thomas), or would it be better to sign Amar'e to a max contract?

I think putting all our eggs in the Johnson-Amar'e basket is suicide. I could deal with handing one of them a max contract, but not both!

SO, say we work out a sign and trade with ATL. Keep our cap space, Johnson gets more money and ATL gets something instead of nothing. We deal Curry-Chandler for JJ.

This leave us in great shape.

We could then sign David Lee. Offer Farmar and Thomas good money, making it hard for their teams to match.

Wouldn't this be the wiser move? Getting more bang for your buck?

Thomas-Lee would compliment each other; Farmar-Douglas would run the point. Johnson-Gallo handle the scoring.

I think this has more balance than signing Amar'e.

OR.... if you had to pick one: would you take Amar'e instead of Johnson?

Which one:

1. JJ & Amar'e
2. JJ plus 2 other options
3. Amar'e plus 2 other options
Joe Johnson isn't coming without another free agent so choice #1 is crossed out.

I like Farmar and Tyrus Thomas, we would be a good young team with them and I am satisfied with Thomas replacing Lee because of his rebounding and defensive abilities at a young age.

Amare is the only player i see coming to NY by himself so we'll see what happens.