Thread: Isola reports Knicks might take PG Luke Ridnour

Hybrid View

Default Isola reports Knicks might take PG Luke Ridnour

Frank Isola: Sources claim [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] He's no Brandon Jennings but I'll take him. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Again more rumors but we know the Knicks are not sold with Douglas as the starting PG. I like Douglas and think he will be a very good PG if he can be consistent on offense. BUT Luke Ridnour had one of his best seasons last year and is a very good distributor and outside shooter.

Signing him to a MLE isn't a bad deal.

Thoughts?

Superstar

I'd rather the knicks take a chance with Shaun Livingston, he's cheaper and theres possibly more upside.

why not take a shot a rafer alston he be a cheap guy we could use for a year and he wants to relley play here and he has playoff experience

Veteran

Yeah I was thinking Rafer Alston for the veterans' minimum...

Actually, the more I think about it, Luke Ridnour wouldn't be too bad.

These are his stats PER 36 MINUTES:

17.4 points on 47.8% shooting with 6.6 assists and 1.1 steals

That's not half bad at all...average starting PG in the league probably

Luke Will Do Great In This O, I Say 14.7 And 9.5
    Dats If Yu Get Those Stars In Fa

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Frank Isola: Sources claim [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] He's no Brandon Jennings but I'll take him. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Again more rumors but we know the Knicks are not sold with Douglas as the starting PG. I like Douglas and think he will be a very good PG if he can be consistent on offense. BUT Luke Ridnour had one of his best seasons last year and is a very good distributor and outside shooter.

Signing him to a MLE isn't a bad deal.

Thoughts?
    We don't have/can't use the MLE cos we're under the cap. I'd say $4M maybe 5 tops per year for Ridnour.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Douglas stepped in to lead role PG duties by next seasons end.

Veteran

Terrible. Agreed; Livingston is more logical. With Douglas in wings and worthy of serious consideration as a solution, why waste premium cheddar when Livingston would be dirt cheap, and dominates with upside. If he flames out or is injured; it's no biggie since we have Douglas, who, in his own right, is a worthy gamble to give the minutes too.

A Livingston-Douglas combo is a superior bet.

This seems especially horrible since the numbers being hinted at will rape our flexibility; from out n out signing possibilities, to sign n trading (Lee eg)

I, too, am a BIG Livingston advocate. He's 6"7' and (I think) finally healthy again. HOWEVER, he is not a D'ant PG b/c he doesn't shoot the 3-point shot.

Livingston is 6-for-32 from behind the arc IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! Six made 3-pointers in 193 games. So, do we even need to ask the question....

Personally, I love Luke Ridnour to run this offense. He could even turn out to be a Stev Nash-lite type player. Remember what D'ant did for Nash, after coming from DAL (and of course the change in rules disallowing hand-checking)....

Put Luke in this system and we might have a star, especially if surrounded by a few max super-uber-stars.

At the very least, Luke gives us insurance in case Douglas falters. I would feel very comfortable with Luke-Toney PG duo.

As for Livingston. I would still give him a shot. He could be a combo guard for us. HE and Walker would be our scorers off the bench.

If LJ goes elsewhere, I would prefer we sign one max free agent, resign Lee, and bring in 2-4 of these type of free agents.

Ridnour, Salmons & Gomes is better than Amar'e right?

I'd sign Livingston to be our slasher. He might not be able to shoot the ball, but it doesn't hurt to have a PG who can cut to the hole.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by mafra
    I, too, am a BIG Livingston advocate. He's 6"7' and (I think) finally healthy again. HOWEVER, he is not a D'ant PG b/c he doesn't shoot the 3-point shot.

Livingston is 6-for-32 from behind the arc IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! Six made 3-pointers in 193 games. So, do we even need to ask the question....

Personally, I love Luke Ridnour to run this offense. He could even turn out to be a Stev Nash-lite type player. Remember what D'ant did for Nash, after coming from DAL (and of course the change in rules disallowing hand-checking)....

Put Luke in this system and we might have a star, especially if surrounded by a few max super-uber-stars.

At the very least, Luke gives us insurance in case Douglas falters. I would feel very comfortable with Luke-Toney PG duo.

As for Livingston. I would still give him a shot. He could be a combo guard for us. HE and Walker would be our scorers off the bench.

If LJ goes elsewhere, I would prefer we sign one max free agent, resign Lee, and bring in 2-4 of these type of free agents.

Ridnour, Salmons & Gomes is better than Amar'e right?
    Ridnour is no scrub, but he'll never be a star in the NBA.

Nash always had all star ability/talent...he does moves that we don't see from other players. Nash's most powerful attribute is his brain. Ridnour no where near that level.

IONO about Ridnour, short term yes, but I wouldn't call him the all might savior. C level PG.