Isola reports Knicks might take PG Luke Ridnour

Paul1355

All Star
Frank Isola: Sources claim the Knicks are favorites to sign Bucks free agent PG Luke Ridnour. He's no Brandon Jennings but I'll take him. Twitter

Again more rumors but we know the Knicks are not sold with Douglas as the starting PG. I like Douglas and think he will be a very good PG if he can be consistent on offense. BUT Luke Ridnour had one of his best seasons last year and is a very good distributor and outside shooter.

Signing him to a MLE isn't a bad deal.

Thoughts?

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
why not take a shot a rafer alston he be a cheap guy we could use for a year and he wants to relley play here and he has playoff experience

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah I was thinking Rafer Alston for the veterans' minimum...

Actually, the more I think about it, Luke Ridnour wouldn't be too bad.

These are his stats PER 36 MINUTES:

17.4 points on 47.8% shooting with 6.6 assists and 1.1 steals

That's not half bad at all...average starting PG in the league probably

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Frank Isola: Sources claim the Knicks are favorites to sign Bucks free agent PG Luke Ridnour. He's no Brandon Jennings but I'll take him. Twitter

Again more rumors but we know the Knicks are not sold with Douglas as the starting PG. I like Douglas and think he will be a very good PG if he can be consistent on offense. BUT Luke Ridnour had one of his best seasons last year and is a very good distributor and outside shooter.

Signing him to a MLE isn't a bad deal.

Thoughts?

We don't have/can't use the MLE cos we're under the cap. I'd say $4M maybe 5 tops per year for Ridnour.

iSaYughh

Starter
Terrible. Agreed; Livingston is more logical. With Douglas in wings and worthy of serious consideration as a solution, why waste premium cheddar when Livingston would be dirt cheap, and dominates with upside. If he flames out or is injured; it's no biggie since we have Douglas, who, in his own right, is a worthy gamble to give the minutes too.

A Livingston-Douglas combo is a superior bet.

This seems especially horrible since the numbers being hinted at will rape our flexibility; from out n out signing possibilities, to sign n trading (Lee eg)

mafra

Legend
I, too, am a BIG Livingston advocate. He's 6"7' and (I think) finally healthy again. HOWEVER, he is not a D'ant PG b/c he doesn't shoot the 3-point shot.

Livingston is 6-for-32 from behind the arc IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! Six made 3-pointers in 193 games. So, do we even need to ask the question....

Personally, I love Luke Ridnour to run this offense. He could even turn out to be a Stev Nash-lite type player. Remember what D'ant did for Nash, after coming from DAL (and of course the change in rules disallowing hand-checking)....

Put Luke in this system and we might have a star, especially if surrounded by a few max super-uber-stars.

At the very least, Luke gives us insurance in case Douglas falters. I would feel very comfortable with Luke-Toney PG duo.

As for Livingston. I would still give him a shot. He could be a combo guard for us. HE and Walker would be our scorers off the bench.

If LJ goes elsewhere, I would prefer we sign one max free agent, resign Lee, and bring in 2-4 of these type of free agents.

Ridnour, Salmons & Gomes is better than Amar'e right?

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I'd sign Livingston to be our slasher. He might not be able to shoot the ball, but it doesn't hurt to have a PG who can cut to the hole.

moneyg

Starter
livingston on the cheap... the only way to get luke is to cut into payrol and id rather use that on others players since we dont got a mid level only vet min after we sign our FAs:smokin:

metrocard

Legend
I, too, am a BIG Livingston advocate. He's 6"7' and (I think) finally healthy again. HOWEVER, he is not a D'ant PG b/c he doesn't shoot the 3-point shot.

Livingston is 6-for-32 from behind the arc IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! Six made 3-pointers in 193 games. So, do we even need to ask the question....

Personally, I love Luke Ridnour to run this offense. He could even turn out to be a Stev Nash-lite type player. Remember what D'ant did for Nash, after coming from DAL (and of course the change in rules disallowing hand-checking)....

Put Luke in this system and we might have a star, especially if surrounded by a few max super-uber-stars.

At the very least, Luke gives us insurance in case Douglas falters. I would feel very comfortable with Luke-Toney PG duo.

As for Livingston. I would still give him a shot. He could be a combo guard for us. HE and Walker would be our scorers off the bench.

If LJ goes elsewhere, I would prefer we sign one max free agent, resign Lee, and bring in 2-4 of these type of free agents.

Ridnour, Salmons & Gomes is better than Amar'e right?

Ridnour is no scrub, but he'll never be a star in the NBA.

Nash always had all star ability/talent...he does moves that we don't see from other players. Nash's most powerful attribute is his brain. Ridnour no where near that level.

IONO about Ridnour, short term yes, but I wouldn't call him the all might savior. C level PG.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Great Backup and just the player we need to lead our second unit...assuming Lebron signs and TD is the starter at the point....