Official LeBron James Thread

smokes

Huge Member
Two things about this special:

Yes it's kinda retarded and egotistical BUT they are using it to raise a lot of money for charity so good on them.

Also, he MUST be leaving Cleveland, seriously, if he's having a 1 hour special on TV where he will be announcing his destination wtf are they going to do after the first 10 minutes if he says he's going back? It would be a total anticlimax now if he stays, I can't see it happening.

He's either going Knicks or Heat, my money's on us :)

KingCharles34

All Star
If Lebronze is going to Miami I hope we can built a team to stop them...but thats probably not likely. I will officially hate the Heat again

smokes

Huge Member
Again, a whole press conference to announce he's going to the Heat? When Bosh/Wade announced this yesterday? I don't see it.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

Sources with knowledge of the situation indeed saying LeBron will join Wade and Bosh in Miami, barring a late change of heart

http://twitter.com/ricbucher
But the insanity is rising: the 1 source came at me hard that LBJ to Mia is done. Only way I go w/one source on that is if it's LBJ/Mav.

This sucks balls
Don't you see!!!

ESPN needs something to talk about for the next month...

It's brilliant actually.

First, why would they leak where he was going before hand? Doesn't that ruin the point of the special?

Second, if they play up one team and another team wins, guess who REALLY wins? ESPN!! They get a months worth of analysis and reflection about Jame's underdog selection...

nymaddog

Rookie
http://twitter.com/tommydeetkb

source says miami frantically trying to move beasley in a 3-way deal. Nothing done as of yet.

Seems everybody is on the Miami bandwagon now. If Lebron holds a press conference in the Knicks backyard to announce he's going to the Heat, homie is going to need a security detail every time he sets foot in NY from tomorrow forward. Just sayin'...

nymaddog

Rookie
Don't you see!!!

It's brilliant actually.

First, why would they leak where he was going before hand? Doesn't that ruin the point of the special?

Second, if they play up one team and another team wins, guess who REALLY wins? ESPN!! They get a months worth of analysis and reflection about Jame's underdog selection...
You're also assuming that a) ESPN is behind this and b) that none of these rumors are actually true. You're also failing to take into account that there are a LOT of people with knowledge of what's going on that have no ties to ESPN and could give a flying F**K what the network wants...

nymaddog

Rookie
Meh this whole situation is getting too much now. Proper rollercoaster ride. Roll on 9pm...
That's the understatement of the year. I just hope it's all B.S. If I have to watch f'in Riley patrolling the sidelines with the NEW "Big Three", I'm going to poke my eyes out, LOL.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Don't you see!!!

It's brilliant actually.

ESPN is a news outlet, they will leak information, if they could, or at least speculate. In order to speculate, they need information. Each reporter has a few people on the inside whether it is people who work within operations, with within the agency that reps LBJ, etc, whereas, neither you nor I have any source aside from the media. My friend that works for the Suns is not going to help. LOL!!

Cahill

Rookie
Don't you see!!!

It's brilliant actually.

I'm with you on this and I even made these same points in another thread. I think a curveball is coming and ESPN probably knows about it. I can really envision ESPN spreading misinformation purposely to get an increase in viewership. They are running a business and they will do what benefits them most in the long run. Misinformation is also purposely spread throughout the offseason from 'sources' all the time so everything you hear unless it's from LeBron should be taken lightly. Who is Broussard's source? No one knows. Give me a nice suit and throw me on TV and I will have plenty of 'sources' as well.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I'm with you on this and I even made these same points in another thread. I think a curveball is coming and ESPN probably knows about it. I can really envision ESPN spreading misinformation purposely to get an increase in viewership. They are running a business and they will do what benefits them most in the long run. Misinformation is also purposely spread throughout the offseason from 'sources' all the time so everything you hear unless it's from LeBron should be taken lightly. Who is Broussard's source? No one knows. Give me a nice suit and throw me on TV and I will have plenty of 'sources' as well.

Why would anyone purposely misinform others when all that does is tarnish his/her credibility? Not that I am a Chris Broussard fan, I am not, but he has worked as a sports reporter for a long, long time. I imagine he has picked up plenty of reliable sources along the way.

He could still be wrong though.

Cahill

Rookie
Why would anyone purposely misinform others when all that does is tarnish his/her credibility? Not that I am a Chris Broussard fan, I am not, but he has worked as a sports reporter for a long, long time. I imagine he has picked up plenty of reliable sources along the way.

He could still be wrong though.

It's not Broussard's best interests to spread lies and misinform the public but what if he were doing it unknowingly? Sure his sources may be reliable a majority of the time but people are wrong sometimes. If LeBron wanted to make the decision himself without it leaking, he would keep his mouth shut and no one would know the truth. Honestly, what is the point of having the special if everyone already knew the outcome? LeBron's camp could be telling lies to make the special that more hyped and make LeBron's brand even bigger in the end.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i wish everything about lebron and this FA thing will just stop till 9pm tomorrow, wait till he makes his decision and just continue from there... these rumors are getting really annoying -____-