Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report : Knicks Virtually Eliminated By Lebron

Default Report : Knicks Virtually Eliminated By Lebron

<!-- icon and title -->
    <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.
    James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.
    James has reservations about the possibility of his earning potential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30M difference in salary.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <script type="text/javascript"> tweetmeme_source = 'realgmcom'; </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></script><iframe src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D8204%26page%3D3&style=normal& source=realgmcom" frameborder="0" height="61" scrolling="no" width="50"></iframe>

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think LeBron is staying in Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong but I'll be surprised if he leave.

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    <!-- icon and title -->
    <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.
    James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.
    James has reservations about the possibility of his earning potential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30M difference in salary.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> tweetmeme_source = 'realgmcom'; </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></SCRIPT> <IFRAME height=61 src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D8204%26page%3D3&style=normal& source=realgmcom" frameBorder=0 width=50 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

Then James is a MORON, and I'm glad West banged his crackhead mommy. All I have to say is Omar Vizquel and Derek Jeter. Basically the same player.... COmpare their earnings plz.

With that said, nobody could expect Dolan-Walsh-D'ant to convince a jury OJ is guilty. I wouldnt want to work for those 3 stooges. But it's a disgrace we have to sell him with a presentation. Come and play or dont. Go work for the commie and the dope dealer. I look fwd to ousting you every year now....

Lurker

I hope this story is not true. How can you not be prepared with a 2 year headstart?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

now lets build that team that knocks him out repeatedly every year. first piece is in in STAT, whos next?

Wojnarowski reports that James was turned off by Donnie Walsh's need to use a wheelchair after a medical procedure on his neck, and that James was similarly deflated by owner James Dolan's appearance.

So he turned us down because Donnie is in a wheelchair?

Donnie is one of the most respected guys in the NBA. I call BS on this report.

SMH.

It's already been refuted.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Jul 02, 2010 7:22 PM EST

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports went on the air with Michael Kay on ESPN Radio to discuss points he made in a story Wojnarowski published Friday.

In that story, Wojnarowski wrote that the Knicks had been virtually eliminated from the race to sign LeBron James and that he and his camp were unimpressed with New York's presentation.
    Shortly after the segment with Wojnarowski, a representative of the Knicks called Kay to refute the Wojnarowski story and the claims made by his sources. Further the Knicks suggested that someone may be attempting to undermine their chances to sign James. The team insisted that its presentation to James on Thursday was successful and apparently well received.

In addition, Wojnarowski reports that James was turned off by Donnie Walsh's need to use a wheelchair after a medical procedure on his neck, and that James was similarly deflated by owner James Dolan's appearance.
    There have been rumblings in recent days that those closest to James are concerned about him playing for the Knicks and what implications that might hold for the power balance around the superstar. There have been some indications that Maverick Carter, James' closest friend, is opposed to a move to the Knicks.

However, the status of Wojnarowski's anonymous sources is unclear since he only generically cites "sources" but does not indicate their position in relation to James, or their particular knowledge of James' reactions to the presentations he received on Thursday.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Go work for the commie and the dope dealer. I look fwd to ousting you every year now....
    that's racist .. but true

if lebron makes his decision based on a team's "presentation" in a meeting, then he can eat a dick ..

Time to forget Lebron. Lets go try to pry CP3 from NO

True. We won't get LeBron. Mood after the meeting says it all. D'Antoni made the best of a bad job and Houston was disappointed. Easy one. Bye James.
    Last edited by MrsRobinson; Jul 02, 2010 at 20:03.

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    that's racist .. but true
    Like my grandpa said: Hate everyone equally.

I only wish the Russian bought the Knicks. Dolan wouldn't sell! As for Jay-Z, he owns like 1/10000 percent. I guess I'm a part owner of Microsoft. After he wrote big pimpin' then got p()ssy-whipped and went all married on me, he lost me.

It'll be fun to hate Lebron. NOw I root for Kobe, and for the Knicks to do to him what we could never do to MJ.

Bring it on! Bosh is a tool. Wade's body is nearing the end. I hope those 3 get together now. Win-win. If they do win.... not one of them gets credit, and if they lose they all share blame amongst themselves.

I just wish we weren't stuck with our owner.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Then James is a MORON, and I'm glad West banged his crackhead mommy. All I have to say is Omar Vizquel and Derek Jeter. Basically the same player.... COmpare their earnings plz.

With that said, nobody could expect Dolan-Walsh-D'ant to convince a jury OJ is guilty. I wouldnt want to work for those 3 stooges. But it's a disgrace we have to sell him with a presentation. Come and play or dont. Go work for the commie and the dope dealer. I look fwd to ousting you every year now....
    Walsh is one of the most respectable GMs in the entire league, and I think in the top 5
    My statement.. D'Antoni is the best coach in the league

You are an idiot

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Walsh is one of the most respectable GMs in the entire league, and I think in the top 5
    My statement.. D'Antoni is the best coach in the league

You are an idiot
    Nope. You are an idiot and a lemming. If they appeared disorganized and unprepared then what does that say about Walsh?

Donnie traded Jeffries and tossed in TWO first rounders, plus switching a 3rd. NYJ & CHI both waited patiently and dumped their excess expiring baggage for nothing.

D'ant took the NY job because of the money. Had he taken the CHI gig, look what he would be getting ready for.

Dolan is the worst owner in the history of sports.

This is a rsults BIZ. Even with our roster, D'ant failed as a coach. He wouldn't play certain guys (Hill, Douglas, Darko), relied on Duhon.... Walsh passed on BJ and TL when we needed a PG.

I mean.... come on and smell the coffee. Doesn't mean I dont root for them, or am ready to go to battle with them. But just looking at their dour mugs certainly doesn't inspire me to run thru walls.

WALSH came into NY and threw away 2 years.... He fails on Lebron b/c he bungles last year's draft, and then shows up unprepared (in a wheelchair)?