Thread: Joe Johnson signs with Hawks

Default Joe Johnson signs with Hawks

It's official. Johnson is staying with the Hawks.

Johnson's agent blogged that the deal was done.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: Arn Tellem confirms via his blog on Huffington Post that Joe Johnson accepted Hawks offer. Tellem explains it here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: Joe Johnson's deal with the Hawks is done, per a source with knowledge of the negotiations. Knicks tried to change his mind but couldn't.

Atleast we avoided over paying Joe Johnson.

I say let us now re-sign David Lee and Mike Miller for the remaining 17 million

Douglas
    Miller
    Gallo
    Lee
    Amare

Not a championship team, but no reason to think that this could not be a 4 or 5 seed in the weak East

Lee's resonable contract and Curry's expiring contract along with Wilson and Walker give us some trading chips or at the very least Curry's melts away next year and we pursue Parker.

Originally Posted by New New York

Douglas
    Miller
    Gallo
    Lee
    Amare

Not a championship team, but no reason to think that this could not be a 4 or 5 seed in the weak East

Lee's resonable contract and Curry's expiring contract along with Wilson and Walker give us some trading chips or at the very least Curry's melts away next year and we pursue Parker.
    With Amare we can possibly lure someone much better than Miller, there are many rumors of Tony Parker, Monta Ellis, Carmelo all speculation but Amare is recruiting and has spoken to Carmelo and Toney parker and parker has said he would come to NY and Carmelo is from NY so we can be a very good team in a year or two.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    With Amare we can possibly lure someone much better than Miller, there are many rumors of Tony Parker, Monta Ellis, Carmelo all speculation but Amare is recruiting and has spoken to Carmelo and Toney parker and parker has said he would come to NY and Carmelo is from NY so we can be a very good team in a year or two.

Amare can attract all the players he wants, but those players you have listed are all under contract and their respective teams are not going to let them go just because they want to play in NY!

The Best bet is to upgrade the roster now and if Melo and Parker are FA's next year (assuming they don't sign extensions) then we go after them then

Default umm..

Sounds like many knicks fans have already given up hope of getting LJ.

I know 'Melo is born in NY but his "home" is West Baltimore. However. LaLa is born and raised in Brooklyn. 'Melo *****wipped?

Default done...

Melo is an overated player and Tony Parker is aging. Lebron James or Bust! I'm seriouslly preparing myself right now for another 10 years of Knicks disaster. It's gonna be fun.

Originally Posted by New New York

Douglas
    Miller
    Gallo
    Lee
    Amare

Sorry to be so direct, but **** Mike Miller. We already have 2 shooting guards. Let alone 187 SFs.

That 3-4-5 combination is NASTY though. Imagine the punishment!!!

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    Melo is an overated player and Tony Parker is aging. Lebron James or Bust! I'm seriouslly preparing myself right now for another 10 years of Knicks disaster. It's gonna be fun.
    Melo is amazing and Parker has been the 2nd main force to the Spurs consistent years of success.

Parker and Duncan were a force, who is to say that Parker and Amare won't be just as good?
    Add Gallinari to the mix and you have three very good players.

Amare is no Duncan!!! If we don't get LBJ or Wade and end up signing Amare for max, I will really be pissed. When Donnie took over, I thought Knicks mediocrity was over. No more settling for just making the playoffs but trying to build a dynasty. Amare, TP, and Melo is garbage. At best, overachieving and making it to the finals and getting their ass kicked...deja vu anyone?

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    uhmmm Tony Parker isn't even 30...

Dont place all your eggs in one basket.