Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

Thread: Why did we offer Amare $100M for 5 years

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,177
    Rep Power
    20

    Unhappy

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    This is coming from the guy who will never stop complaining about playing players out of position. SMH.

    Talk about a waste of money...And since when does Amare NEED a player who plays THE SAME POSITION AS HIM to thrive? .



    I hate when ignorant people like u always keep responding to my threads or post. Just in case u dont know
    NYKuniversity.... u r ignorant to NBA Basketball.

    Milsap & Boozer did a great job for a missing Okur in the Playoffs.
    In 2005 the Knicks drafted two players at the same position Frye (outside) & Lee (inside).

    The Knicks are really ****ed-up now paying Amare $100M for 5 years.
    Desperation move....Walsh & Dantoni is ****King up this Knick team worst than Isiah and Layden.

    In 2003-4, SG-Joe Johnson, SF-Marion, PF-Amare, and coach Dantoni had a 29 win season.
    Start thinking "Steve Nash! Steve Nash! Steve Nash! SYSTEM!"

  2. #17
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    This is a tad off topic, but JJ gets $119 million, STAT gets $100 million, and your telling me that Carlos "show me the money" Boozer is going to accept $65 million???? I think not.

    Lee for 72 seems accurate but Boozer would demand $85 million+

  3. #18
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman



    I hate when ignorant people like u always keep responding to my threads or post. Just in case u dont know
    NYKuniversity.... u r ignorant to NBA Basketball.

    Milsap & Boozer did a great job for a missing Okur in the Playoffs.
    In 2005 the Knicks drafted two players at the same position Frye (outside) & Lee (inside).

    The Knicks are really ****ed-up now paying Amare $100M for 5 years.
    Desperation move....Walsh & Dantoni is ****King up this Knick team worst than Isiah and Layden.

    In 2003-4, SG-Joe Johnson, SF-Marion, PF-Amare, and coach Dantoni had a 29 win season.
    Start thinking "Steve Nash! Steve Nash! Steve Nash! SYSTEM!"
    Am I surprised you had no facts in your post?

    Of course you can't put together any kind of real sentence so you say " U r ignorant". Way to highlight you're own faults dickhead.

    Boozer and Millsap did a nice job? Really? How come they exited in the 2nd round due to a size manhandling? Oh yeah...because Millsap plays 26 minutes a game OFF THE BENCH and Fysenko was the starting C!!! Boozer or Millsap was not the C when they played without Okur...so that's ruled completely invalid, backed by ACTUAL FACTS

    And before the 2010-2011 season has even started, you are already stating (with your usual horrible grammar) that D'Antoni and Walsh is (really?...it's simple subject verb agreement. Did you graduate "hi sk00l" buddy??) "****ing" up this Knicks team. What Knicks team? So far we are at a total of 5 or 6 players under contract for next year...that's half of our team that will be on the court in 2010-2011. Once all the dominoes fall it would be fair to pass judgement. However, you just are looking for ways to criticize D'Antoni as usual.

    I don't even know how to respond to your last point, considering it had no clear direction. You can say grammar doesn't matter, but your point doesn't even have a subject for me to respond to...

    By my inference (which means a judgement call :] ), I would respond to your point by saying a combination of Parker, Gallo, and Stat OR a combination of LeBron, Gallo, and Stat > Nash, Johnson, and an immature Amare.


    I don't know where your basis of "ignorant" came from, but it would be the perfect word to describe you. Nothing you say is backed by any facts, just your opinions that are not even half way respectable at this stage. You judge BEFORE things happen, and go on tirades about D'Antoni when it's not even applicable to this situation. Get a ****ing clue you moron.

  4. #19
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    sorry but the points you made in this thread is laughable

    amare is a talented player but the only point you made i agree with is we did overpay. we did something that is and has become common in free agency. we had to get some sort of a impact player. look at the contract joe johnson and rudy gay got.

  5. #20
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    sorry but the points you made in this thread is laughable

    amare is a talented player but the only point you made i agree with is we did overpay. we did something that is and has become common in free agency. we had to get some sort of a impact player. look at the contract joe johnson and rudy gay got.
    Who is this post directed toward?

  6. #21
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Who is this post directed toward?
    the threadster

    a front court of lee and boozer is downright laughable.

  7. #22
    Member JujuXG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    as much as i like lee
    Amare make some senses, reason:
    1-He will fit right in since he was playing under the same system in the sun.
    2-He can attract other player (the rumor with parker and melo), and with our
    current roster, we don't really look attractive to other fa with our current roster.
    3-We want to make a splash, by saying we are doing something.

    sry about my grammer

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So we overpayed 2 million dollars per year for a perennial all-star, even more so in the east than in the west. Not a big deal.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    So we overpaid for Amar'e?

    It's better than some of the other contracts out there.

    I mean hell even this off-season I'd argue the Joe Johnson signing was WORSE than the Amar'e signing

  10. #25
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by BringHoopinHome2010
    So we overpayed 2 million dollars per year for a perennial all-star, even more so in the east than in the west. Not a big deal.
    Not to mention New York's high taxes made it so we HAD to offer him that kind of money for the amount of money we offered to be more than Phoenix's original 95 million dollar offer for 5 years.

    This looks oddly familiar...Once the ENTIRE community of posters goes against Kiya's stance, he immediately goes into hiding and awaits the next opportunity to blurt about D'Antoni and get raped by the entire KO community. Thank you Kiya, thank you.

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I'm never going to question Kiyaman's love for the Knicks but this just doesn't make sense.

    Think about it - a Boozer/Lee front court? And saying because Boozer/Millsap worked, Boozer/Lee will somehow work? Ignoring the fact that the Jazz got as far as they did because they had the best PG in the game running their offense? Let alone the fact that Millsap came OFF THE BENCH! If you want to sign Lee to a 12 million deal to come off the bench to play with Boozer then you're worse than Isiah and Layden combined, I don't care how much you love the Knicks.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The Joe Johnson deal is worse BY FAR considering that hes getting 20 million more over 1 more year when he is already two years older than Amare. Plus I would say that a Big who can get you 20 per game is much more of a rare commodity than a SG who can get 20 per game.

  13. #28
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Would I rather have Bosh...of course. However something has to be said about this dude WANTING to play for us. He's not reviewing his options, this is option #1 for him. Does it help get LB IM not sure, I just dont see how it can hurt.

  14. #29
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Amare is not worth 20 million a year, i like what he does on offense but hes soft on the boards and soft on defense. The way Amare finished up the regular season makes me think hes a better all around player then bosh.

    We should sign tyrus thomas and kurt thomas...two players we can play at center in Antoni's offense. Other then them, i dont know what options we have for center. The two of them would give us versatility because they're both good defenders, but in different ways. One of them defends with athleticism and length, the other one is just a smart defensive player and because of his iq on the defensive end, he is still a good player at 37 years old. He does a good job of bodying up his opponents in the low post and always gettin a hand in their face.

    Tyson Chandler is too injury prone, is there still a chance of gettin okafor and collison from NO?

  15. #30
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It was option #1 for him because he knew he could fool the Knicks into an enormous contract. The Knicks are desperate for anyone and he was keenly aware that he could take advantage of that.

    Jimmy Dolan destroyed this franchise and it may take decades to recover. Amare will be a good player, but we're looking at 50 losses again. No one wants to play here and that ain't changing anytime soon. People can read right through Dolan. I mean, can you imagine Lebron being sold by that tool?

Similar Threads

  1. Top 25 Worst contracts in NBA
    By Starks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2010, 17:47
  2. 2009 NBA Draft Thread/Overseas International Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: Apr 09, 2009, 15:42
  3. Yankees offer A.J Burnett 5 years 80 million
    By Paul1355 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 24, 2008, 21:41
  4. Religulous
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2008, 15:10
  5. Christianity in 30 Seconds
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2008, 17:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •