Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did we offer Amare $100M for 5 years

Superstar

I remember seeing a few weeks back when people were talking about possibly trading Curry's contract for Gilbert Arenas, and some people were mentioning the fact that they couldn't believe that Arenas was making so much money, and some people were also amazed at the price that Marburys contract was worth his last couple of years with the Knicks... Contracts that some people call toxic... well I will go out on a limb(being sarcastic because i dont think its going out on a limb at all) that in a couple of years, UNLESS WADE, JAMES, OR MELO Join the KNicks, that people will be saying the same thing about this contract.

So Kiyaman I'm with you on this. I''m not saying that he isn't a talent, all I'm saying is, the Knicks just made another Allen Houston deal, because I doubt any other team was gonna offer him that much

Im thankful it wasnt a 6 or 7 year deal

kiyaman delivering with another powerful thread

Veteran

The Suns offered him a max deal except with the last two years not guaranteed.

Amar'e is a great player and a hard worker. He's not the best defender but if you look at our options:

Bosh - hell no. Some people maintain Bosh is better than Amar'e - that's crap.

Bosh is SOFT, is more of an injury risk (Amar'e had microfracture surgery in the past, but he's played 3 great seasons since then and the eye injury was a FLUKE that could happen to ANYONE, whereas Bosh misses 10-11 games EVERY YEAR because of nagging injuries), and I'd rather get a player who WANTS to play for us.

Bosh is a soft faggit, im glad we aint get that clown...This is the ****in New York Knicks, not the Utah Knicks. Amare goes hard on offense (no homo)

Lurker

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Bosh is a soft faggit, im glad we aint get that clown...This is the ****in New York Knicks, not the Utah Knicks. Amare goes hard on offense (no homo)
    Wow, are these the kind of idiotic posts we see on this board?

Originally Posted by ccsbandwagon
    Wow, are these the kind of idiotic posts we see on this board?
    who are you?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Im thankful it wasnt a 6 or 7 year deal

kiyaman delivering with another powerful thread
    Kiyaman is a beast with the threads. He's a legend.

Kiyaman, did you know Amare was compared to Ben Wallace coming out of High School? He has alot of defensive potential...its just a matter of him trying.

Veteran

Smile

My guess is this is how the "numbers discussion" went:

Walsh: So Amare, let's discuss numbers.
    Amare: I want the MAX.
    Walsh: Can you please take less?
    Amare: No.
    Walsh: Pretty please?
    Amare: Uh, no.
    Walsh: Fine, we'll go sign someone else.
    Amare: Who?
    Walsh: Bosh.
    Amare: He's headed to Miami.
    Walsh: Boozer.
    Amare: I'm better than him and you know it.
    Walsh: Dirk.
    Amare: Yeah right.
    Walsh: Scola.
    Amare: You're dumb.
    Walsh: We don't want you that bad.
    Amare: Yeah you do. Especially Mike over there.
    D'Antoni: It's true.
    Walsh: Fine. Fine. We'll give you the MAX. Just please don't get hurt.
    Amare: No problem.
    Walsh: Can you also try to work on your D?
    Amare: Eh. I'll just try and score more.
    D'Antoni: Works for me!

(Amare leaves the room to give the news to his family. Dolan walks in)

Walsh: Good news boss, we signed a MAX FA.
    Dolan: Sweet. Lebron said yes?
    Walsh: No. Not him.
    Dolan: Bosh? Wade?
    Walsh: No and no.
    Dolan: Then who?
    Walsh: Amare!
    Dolan: You're fired.
    Walsh: Wait, he might help us get Lebron.
    Dolan: Oh. Ok. Well let me know when that happens.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    My guess is this is how the "numbers discussion" went:

Walsh: So Amare, let's discuss numbers.
    Amare: I want the MAX.
    Walsh: Can you please take less?
    Amare: No.
    Walsh: Pretty please?
    Amare: Uh, no.
    Walsh: Fine, we'll go sign someone else.
    Amare: Who?
    Walsh: Bosh.
    Amare: He's headed to Miami.
    Walsh: Boozer.
    Amare: I'm better than him and you know it.
    Walsh: Dirk.
    Amare: Yeah right.
    Walsh: Scola.
    Amare: You're dumb.
    Walsh: We don't want you that bad.
    Amare: Yeah you do. Especially Mike over there.
    D'Antoni: It's true.
    Walsh: Fine. Fine. We'll give you the MAX. Just please don't get hurt.
    Amare: No problem.
    Walsh: Can you also try to work on your D?
    Amare: Eh. I'll just try and score more.
    D'Antoni: Works for me!

(Amare leaves the room to give the news to his family. Dolan walks in)

Walsh: Good news boss, we signed a MAX FA.
    Dolan: Sweet. Lebron said yes?
    Walsh: No. Not him.
    Dolan: Bosh? Wade?
    Walsh: No and no.
    Dolan: Then who?
    Walsh: Amare!
    Dolan: You're fired.
    Walsh: Wait, he might help us get Lebron.
    Dolan: Oh. Ok. Well let me know when that happens.

Amare is better than Bosh though...and Wade can be injury prone also.

Veteran

Amare is way better than Bosh.

Bosh is probably more injury prone than Amar'e is. Amar'e has had two major injuries in his career - the microfracture and the eye. The eye was a fluke and could've happened to anyone, and the microfracture was 3 years ago and he hasn't shown a sign of slowing down.

Bosh on the other hand misses like 9 games a year. Only a matter of time before 9 games turns into 39

Default Kiya on Fiyah

wow, one of the heaviest posts and point-counterpoints from the Kiyaman I've ever read. tho I agree we may have overpaid Stat, it was necessary for the Knicks to bust a move quickly, rather than wait for everything and everyone to pan out.

we could not sign DLEE right away, even evil agent Barleycorn knows that. we're in the situation where we have to wait/see what James/Wade/Bosh decide, and DLEE's in the same boat as far as signing him, or him signing with another team. He's going all out to see what he's worth to the rest of the league, and the Knicks can't do, say or offer sh*t until then.

Stat is not f*cking around, going from team to team, enjoying the free agent ride; he is the only FA (not staying home) to make up his mind about where he wants to be, how he intends to lead, and entice other FA's to the team. He is EXACTLY what the Knicks needed at this point. Call it a chess move by Knicks management, whether they pay him $90M or $100M, little Jimmy Dolan can afford it, and Donnie putting Knicks under cap enables us to sign more than one big gun. It's an amazingly smart move, and I totally support the Knicks aggressive stance. Stat is worth it, from his skills, to his leadership, to his ability, familiarity with Knicks coaches, and he makes the team more palpable. They have just become a MUCH BETTER TEAM with him on board!! Admit it!

Anyway, I think all y'all Kiya haters owe him an apology for speaking his mind and starting this thread. He gets his point across, there's no need to diss his writing, speech or frame of mind. Just agree to disagree without cutting him down so negatively. Leave that crap to Metrotard and Trillion lbs.

Peace out.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

MSG is back.......again loll, thats what im talking about bro, i agree with you 100% seriously, Bosh is soft and would rather go for the turnaround then slamming it in someones face-which STAT does consistently cant wait to see KG get slammed on by this dude

as stat said "the knicks are back"

Superstar

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    MSG is back.......again loll, thats what im talking about bro, i agree with you 100% seriously, Bosh is soft and would rather go for the turnaround then slamming it in someones face-which STAT does consistently cant wait to see KG get slammed on by this dude

as stat said "the knicks are back"
    so patrick ewing was soft because he took jump shots? GTFOH... You guys need to stop with this bullshyt of since a dude dunks a lot he is a beast... NO that doesn't make him a beast that just makes him able to dunk...Shyt Gerald Wilkins and Kenny Walker were great dunkers for the Knicks, where did that ever get us... the hell is wrong with you guys, this isn't the 60s 70s and 80s when people were enamored with dunks... give me a break

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    wow, one of the heaviest posts and point-counterpoints from the Kiyaman I've ever read. tho I agree we may have overpaid Stat, it was necessary for the Knicks to bust a move quickly, rather than wait for everything and everyone to pan out.

we could not sign DLEE right away, even evil agent Barleycorn knows that. we're in the situation where we have to wait/see what James/Wade/Bosh decide, and DLEE's in the same boat as far as signing him, or him signing with another team. He's going all out to see what he's worth to the rest of the league, and the Knicks can't do, say or offer sh*t until then.

Stat is not f*cking around, going from team to team, enjoying the free agent ride; he is the only FA (not staying home) to make up his mind about where he wants to be, how he intends to lead, and entice other FA's to the team. He is EXACTLY what the Knicks needed at this point. Call it a chess move by Knicks management, whether they pay him $90M or $100M, little Jimmy Dolan can afford it, and Donnie putting Knicks under cap enables us to sign more than one big gun. It's an amazingly smart move, and I totally support the Knicks aggressive stance. Stat is worth it, from his skills, to his leadership, to his ability, familiarity with Knicks coaches, and he makes the team more palpable. They have just become a MUCH BETTER TEAM with him on board!! Admit it!

Anyway, I think all y'all Kiya haters owe him an apology for speaking his mind and starting this thread. He gets his point across, there's no need to diss his writing, speech or frame of mind. Just agree to disagree without cutting him down so negatively. Leave that crap to Metrotard and Trillion lbs.

Peace out.
    Such a good post it needed repeating.

some of you forget it was because of him the Suns had to trade Marion who is better than him, and he's been known to be a disruption in the locker room the last seasons with the Suns.