Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Melo trade being discussed

  1. #1
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Melo trade being discussed

    According to TommyDee who covers the Knicks for SNY:
    There's something to this Melo stuff it seems. Source says sign and trade being discussed, but "isn't sure the Knicks have the pieces"

  2. #2
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I have said from the beggining that Melo would fit Mike D's system better than LaBron. If you guys look at my old posts, you will confirm this. After watching James and Dwight Howard struggle during the Olympics trying to run the offense and failing it was Melo that fit the best. I hope this is a Melo along with Amare plan and not a James/Melo Plan!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    5

    Default um...

    I would take LJ over Melo any day of the week.

  4. #4
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Can't say I would be upset if they waited a year to get Carmelo Anthony. It would just mean that they are admitting that the 2010 plan was a failure.

    I don't think that's possible...especially since just a few months ago they gave up Jordan Hill + draft picks so that they can spend an extra 9 mil. I would find it very hard to believe if they went into the season not already at the salary cap with only Eddy Curry coming off the books next year.

    edit: you mentioned they could trade for Carmelo...can't see that even being an option given our only valuable trading piece is Gallinari.

  5. #5
    Member TheChosen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I was just watching ESPN and they were saying that The Knicks are back in the game. They are planning to get Amare and LJ this year. Then potentially add Melo next year. Can Melo and LJ really work?

  6. #6
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dario8676
    I would take LJ over Melo any day of the week.
    Why? What has James accomplished that sets him so far over Melo?

  7. #7
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Why? What has James accomplished that sets him so far over Melo?
    Agreed. Melo is a much more fluid scorer.. scores almost effortlessly. Mleo is probably the best pure scorer in the game today and would indeed fit Dantoni's system perfectly.

  8. #8
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ESPN is also saying that it's possible for us to land Amare, LBJ AND Melo THIS SUMMER. Denver doesn't want to lose Melo for nothing if he is wanting out neway. We'd prob lose Galo and Curry (hopefully) plus w/e needed for the contracts to match up.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Why? What has James accomplished that sets him so far over Melo?
    James is better than Melo at everything other than scoring. All Melo can do great is score. He's great with a player like James or Billups playing alongside him but not so much without. Kinda like Amare. The Knicks need a player that can not only create for himself but for others too and I don't see that happening with any player mentioned except Lebron or Wade. This includes Tony Parker and STAT.

  10. #10
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    I was just watching ESPN and they were saying that The Knicks are back in the game. They are planning to get Amare and LJ this year. Then potentially add Melo next year. Can Melo and LJ really work?
    Figures!!! I would rather them get Melo and go after a true 5 so Amare can stay at the 4 and a pass first PG

  11. #11
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan112
    James is better than Melo at everything other than scoring. All Melo can do great is score. He's great with a player like James or Billups playing alongside him but not so much without. Kinda like Amare. The Knicks need a player that can not only create for himself but for others too and I don't see that happening with any player mentioned except Lebron or Wade. This includes Tony Parker and STAT.
    Have you watched Melo play? He makes everyone around him better!!! He passes well and he can defend... I mean he is not like a Bruce Bowan type defender but he can defend his position and he is a scoring machine! I think If LJ is an A++ Player; Melo is an A+. Also, I would take him over Wade in a second! Nevermind that he is younger and hasn't been seriously injured yet; he just has more talent than Wade. Only LJ and Kobe are better and not by much!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Have you watched Melo play? He makes everyone around him better!!! He passes well and he can defend... I mean he is not like a Bruce Bowan type defender but he can defend his position and he is a scoring machine! I think If LJ is an A++ Player; Melo is an A+. Also, I would take him over Wade in a second! Nevermind that he is younger and hasn't been seriously injured yet; he just has more talent than Wade. Only LJ and Kobe are better and not by much!
    Don't get me wrong. Melo is a great player...an allstar but I have not seen him make everyone around him better. He is probably the best scorer in the game and it was evident in the olympics but he only averaged 3.2 assists last season. He doesn't have much court awareness and I attribute the Nuggets post season success in recent history more to Billups than Melo. I have to disagree...I would take Wade over Melo any day. Wade is a better playmaker (creating for himself and others) and defender. I can't stress the importance of a playmaker and how much the Knicks need one. We need a player who could create for others and have the ability to take the last second shot. Wade can do both but Melo can only achieve the second...maybe. I'm not convinced Melo is clutch yet.

  13. #13
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan112
    Don't get me wrong. Melo is a great player...an allstar but I have not seen him make everyone around him better. He is probably the best scorer in the game and it was evident in the olympics but he only averaged 3.2 assists last season. He doesn't have much court awareness and I attribute the Nuggets post season success in recent history more to Billups than Melo. I have to disagree...I would take Wade over Melo any day. Wade is a better playmaker (creating for himself and others) and defender. I can't stress the importance of a playmaker and how much the Knicks need one. We need a player who could create for others and have the ability to take the last second shot. Wade can do both but Melo can only achieve the second...maybe. I'm not convinced Melo is clutch yet.
    Uhh, did you see James make some dumb moves in the Boston series? Bad passes and ill shots? Frustration is frustration and Melo needs better scenery and you will see this guy move to the super elite!!

  14. #14
    Member Ewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I wouldn't mind at all to see Melo wearing orange and blue, but I think it's a long shot, especially via trade, we simply don't have enough to attract Denver.

  15. #15
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Looks like Denver is interested in Lee as part of the deal for Melo

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2013, 00:36
  2. Trade Deadline Moves Knicks need to make.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2010, 22:02
  3. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 10:43
  4. Trade Watch: Top big men on the block
    By _______√ictory_______ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 23:26
  5. Trade: ZRandolph for Lamar Odom
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2008, 01:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •