Melo trade being discussed

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
According to TommyDee who covers the Knicks for SNY:
There's something to this Melo stuff it seems. Source says sign and trade being discussed, but "isn't sure the Knicks have the pieces"

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I have said from the beggining that Melo would fit Mike D's system better than LaBron. If you guys look at my old posts, you will confirm this. After watching James and Dwight Howard struggle during the Olympics trying to run the offense and failing it was Melo that fit the best. I hope this is a Melo along with Amare plan and not a James/Melo Plan!!

dave2138

Rotation player
Can't say I would be upset if they waited a year to get Carmelo Anthony. It would just mean that they are admitting that the 2010 plan was a failure.

I don't think that's possible...especially since just a few months ago they gave up Jordan Hill + draft picks so that they can spend an extra 9 mil. I would find it very hard to believe if they went into the season not already at the salary cap with only Eddy Curry coming off the books next year.

edit: you mentioned they could trade for Carmelo...can't see that even being an option given our only valuable trading piece is Gallinari.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I was just watching ESPN and they were saying that The Knicks are back in the game. They are planning to get Amare and LJ this year. Then potentially add Melo next year. Can Melo and LJ really work?

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
ESPN is also saying that it's possible for us to land Amare, LBJ AND Melo THIS SUMMER. Denver doesn't want to lose Melo for nothing if he is wanting out neway. We'd prob lose Galo and Curry (hopefully) plus w/e needed for the contracts to match up.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Why? What has James accomplished that sets him so far over Melo?

James is better than Melo at everything other than scoring. All Melo can do great is score. He's great with a player like James or Billups playing alongside him but not so much without. Kinda like Amare. The Knicks need a player that can not only create for himself but for others too and I don't see that happening with any player mentioned except Lebron or Wade. This includes Tony Parker and STAT.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I was just watching ESPN and they were saying that The Knicks are back in the game. They are planning to get Amare and LJ this year. Then potentially add Melo next year. Can Melo and LJ really work?

Figures!!! I would rather them get Melo and go after a true 5 so Amare can stay at the 4 and a pass first PG

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
James is better than Melo at everything other than scoring. All Melo can do great is score. He's great with a player like James or Billups playing alongside him but not so much without. Kinda like Amare. The Knicks need a player that can not only create for himself but for others too and I don't see that happening with any player mentioned except Lebron or Wade. This includes Tony Parker and STAT.

Have you watched Melo play? He makes everyone around him better!!! He passes well and he can defend... I mean he is not like a Bruce Bowan type defender but he can defend his position and he is a scoring machine! I think If LJ is an A++ Player; Melo is an A+. Also, I would take him over Wade in a second! Nevermind that he is younger and hasn't been seriously injured yet; he just has more talent than Wade. Only LJ and Kobe are better and not by much!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Have you watched Melo play? He makes everyone around him better!!! He passes well and he can defend... I mean he is not like a Bruce Bowan type defender but he can defend his position and he is a scoring machine! I think If LJ is an A++ Player; Melo is an A+. Also, I would take him over Wade in a second! Nevermind that he is younger and hasn't been seriously injured yet; he just has more talent than Wade. Only LJ and Kobe are better and not by much!

Don't get me wrong. Melo is a great player...an allstar but I have not seen him make everyone around him better. He is probably the best scorer in the game and it was evident in the olympics but he only averaged 3.2 assists last season. He doesn't have much court awareness and I attribute the Nuggets post season success in recent history more to Billups than Melo. I have to disagree...I would take Wade over Melo any day. Wade is a better playmaker (creating for himself and others) and defender. I can't stress the importance of a playmaker and how much the Knicks need one. We need a player who could create for others and have the ability to take the last second shot. Wade can do both but Melo can only achieve the second...maybe. I'm not convinced Melo is clutch yet.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Don't get me wrong. Melo is a great player...an allstar but I have not seen him make everyone around him better. He is probably the best scorer in the game and it was evident in the olympics but he only averaged 3.2 assists last season. He doesn't have much court awareness and I attribute the Nuggets post season success in recent history more to Billups than Melo. I have to disagree...I would take Wade over Melo any day. Wade is a better playmaker (creating for himself and others) and defender. I can't stress the importance of a playmaker and how much the Knicks need one. We need a player who could create for others and have the ability to take the last second shot. Wade can do both but Melo can only achieve the second...maybe. I'm not convinced Melo is clutch yet.

Uhh, did you see James make some dumb moves in the Boston series? Bad passes and ill shots? Frustration is frustration and Melo needs better scenery and you will see this guy move to the super elite!!

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't mind at all to see Melo wearing orange and blue, but I think it's a long shot, especially via trade, we simply don't have enough to attract Denver.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Uhh, did you see James make some dumb moves in the Boston series? Bad passes and ill shots? Frustration is frustration and Melo needs better scenery and you will see this guy move to the super elite!!

I hope that's the case if we end up gettting Melo. I'm not sure if James bad play in the Boston series was because of the injury (hand?). He was just not himself.