Melo trade being discussed

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we can get Carmelo we can provide him with not only a player to kick the ball out to shoot 3's like he had in Billups, but we can provide him with an inside scoring threat in Amar'e that he didn't have in Denver...I shudder to see how that would destroy other teams.

Problem is if we have Carmelo we'll have to rely on TD to do more cause Carmelo isn't really a distributor in the way LeBron James can be, but I still have faith that Donnie Walsh can pull it off.

Hell, if we get Carmelo and Billups and sign Luke Ridnour we'd probably have the most potent offense in the NBA

MrsRobinson

Rookie
Carmelo Anthony will be a member of the Denver Nuggets next season -- whether he accepts the team's offer of a contract extension or not.
With speculation that Denver may trade their All-Star forward growing over the past week, a high-ranking Nuggets official said the club has no intentions of moving its best player.

"There is no way we are trading Carmelo Anthony," the official said. "We're 100 percent certain of that."
Anthony can opt out of his contract after next season and become a free agent, one year after other top members of his draft class have potentially turned this summer into the most volatile in league history.
To avoid that scenario, the Nuggets have offered Anthony a three-year, $65 million contract extension that would keep him in Denver until 2015.

ESPN

As expected, Nuggets won't trade him.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
man screw denver the dude doesnt even really want to stay there lol

but at the same time i cant blame them

they bust the lakers ass most of the seasons last yr and was looking like the best team in the west until george karl went down with cancer. im certain they couldve beaten la if not for that. la had a very easy road to finals as a direct result of denver collapsing.

so i understand why they would want to keep melo for at least one more yr and give it a go again. they probably figure if they can go deep and make a serious run at it it would be hard for him to walk away from that.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Then the Knicks just wait it out until next season when he is a free agent. If the Knicks want Melo and they fail to get LaBron, they just have to put a few pieces in place, save cap room and sign him next season.

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
Shit Amare and Melo would be SICK! I would have never guessed that Anthony would ever be a Knick but I want him on this team NOW! **** LBJ.