Thread: Please stay away from Raymond Felton

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Please stay away from Raymond Felton

Career Per 36 Minutes

13 ppg
    3 rpg
    6 asp
    41% FG
    32% 3pt

He's just a dumb version of Carlos Arroyo....dude is a bust.

IF he signed for less than 4 mil per year I would live with it. Anything more is plain stupid. Might as well sign Ridour or Livingston.

Still feel like Monta Ellis makes the most sense, but 11 mil contract is a killer.

This is all why I think Morrow could be the best option.

Mr Metrocard is 100% right.

Raymond Felton is NOT what we need.

co-signed. not in NYK; no place for felton here.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Career Per 36 Minutes

13 ppg
    3 rpg
    6 asp
    41% FG
    32% 3pt

He's just a dumb version of Carlos Arroyo....dude is a bust.
    His numbers remind me of Chris Duhon the years before he had an epicfail withour team.

Ill take Ridnour at a cheaper price any day, screw John Rothstein and his man lovefor Felton.

It's ridiculous anybody wants this guy. Dime a dozen speed with an average jumpshot from what I've seen.

I don't think Felton is that bad. LOL! I actually think he is a good PG. I don't mind taking him to be honest. He is far better than Duhon. FAR BETTER!!

12th man

Originally Posted by shaolin
    I don't think Felton is that bad. LOL! I actually think he is a good PG. I don't mind taking him to be honest. He is far better than Duhon. FAR BETTER!!
    Atleast Duhon can hit a 3pt shot in once in a while...Felton's shooting is awful.

Superstar

Someone brought up Derek Fisher not too long ago, and I admit I originally laughed at him thinking that there would be no change the Lakers wouldn't resign him.

Now that they signed Steve Blake though and are hesitant to give Fisher the money he wants, I could see him leaving.

Its pretty much agreed across the forum that no one wants Felton. Would you give Fisher a 3 year 12-15 mil deal to leave LA?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Atleast Duhon can hit a 3pt shot in once in a while...Felton's shooting is awful.
    Firstly, I don't think Duhon's 3-point shooting is any better than Felton's. He had a 2-month long drought. Secondly, Felton doesn't shoot threes that often, it's not really part of his game. You don't have to be a 3-point shooting PG to be effective, you just need solid midrange and skills/talent that allows you to create for others. Felton can do that. Felton is easily an upgrade. He can also finish around the rim. Duhon greatly struggled in that regard.

Don't worry, D'Antoni wants PGs that have a good shooting ability. Felton does not fit in D'Antoni's system.

Originally Posted by dave2138
    Someone brought up Derek Fisher not too long ago, and I admit I originally laughed at him thinking that there would be no change the Lakers wouldn't resign him.

Now that they signed Steve Blake though and are hesitant to give Fisher the money he wants, I could see him leaving.

Its pretty much agreed across the forum that no one wants Felton. Would you give Fisher a 3 year 12-15 mil deal to leave LA?
    Absolutely NOT for that money!!! Fisher has only prospered in the triangle offense. The triangle offense does not require a PG really. They have Kobe to play off the triangle with either Gasol, Odom or Bynum. Besides he isn't really a starting PG, at least not in the traditional sense. He is a backup at best. Sure he can shoot well, but I don't think he is that great. I think the triangle offense and playing along side a great team makes him look better than he actually is.

Felton blows. Hard.

Superstar

Originally Posted by shaolin
    Absolutely NOT for that money!!! Fisher has only prospered in the triangle offense. The triangle offense does not require a PG really. They have Kobe to play off the triangle with either Gasol, Odom or Bynum. Besides he isn't really a starting PG, at least not in the traditional sense. He is a backup at best. Sure he can shoot well, but I don't think he is that great. I think the triangle offense and playing along side a great team makes him look better than he actually is.
    I was mentioning it more for his leadership qualities and clutch play. That alone makes him more than a minimum salary player. Plus it actually works out well if he is a 20-25 min/game player because then Toney Douglas will have an increased role.

I like Douglas, but I don't see him as a 35+ min/game starting PG yet. Fisher and Douglas would bring a nice balance to the PG position.

12th man

I wouldnt Fisher based on the fact he's like 35 right now, correct me if I'm wrong because I don't feel like checking NBA.com. He has a lot of mileage on his legs.

Superstar

Fischer is a crappy regular season player....

For some reason he turns it up like crazy in the post season.