LeBron To Make Decision Thursday

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't see him saying he's going to stay in Cleveland while making this huge announcement.

At the same time I have a hard time believing anything nowadays

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I just don't know what to believe anymore. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but I really feel like the Knicks have a good shot now. This is crazy. I'm excited but mostly confused. I wish I could just go in a two day coma and wake up to read about his decision. The anticipation is killing me. If he comes here, it will change our franchise forever. This is nuts

petescud

Starter
I think its a nice gesture on LBJ's part...I grew up poor, and the PAL and Boys and Girl's Club are great organizations..

So the fact that Lebron knows his star power, the fact that everyone including you will be watching, the fact that he is gathering sponsors and to give 100% of the proceeds to a boys & girls club is a disgrace.

Cool Beans.

miked1958

Rotation player
I agree with Dfab and mafra

I think this is his way of letting them down easy and not just Picking the Knicks or another team and sneaking out of Cleveland. This way with this one hour special he can lay it all out on the table on how he tried to make it all work out for him to stay home but in the end the CAVs and maybe bosh did not allow that to happen. He will thank them for all the years they were loyal to him and explain why he chose the team (KNICKS:peace:) he did and lay out the reasons why. Also

<TABLE class=tborder id=post127364 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_127364 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid"> If This Meeting Wed With Lebrons Team Is True
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->In light of the news tonight that Lebron will make his choice known on ESPN at 9pm on Thursday night, does this mean that the poss meeting on Wed could be to iron out final details of a possible contract and other players he may want them to bring in via a sign and trade.
:peace:
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid">
user_online.gif
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbrep_register("127364")</SCRIPT> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls -->
progress.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I think no matter where Lebron goes, that he is really making himself look like a clown and a very selfish player. Put yourself in a Cavs fan perspective and imagine how you would be feeling if your favorite player/only real team franchise player was acting like this... Creating a Twitter account, promoting his own up and coming website, and now after milking the annoyance of this free agency to death, he is going to have a one hour special on live tv to tell everyone where he is going? Wow, what an ass!!! lol... I mean I would still love to have him him as a desperate Knicks fan who hasn't won a damn thing in over a decade, but is this guy conceded or what. I really think he can't return to the Cavs now because it almost makes him look that much worse, putting his team through that. My take on all this... No one plans a one hour live tv special if it's going to be the most anticlimatic thing in the world and he stays in Cleveland. I truly think he is no longer a Cav after Thursday.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I think no matter where Lebron goes, that he is really making himself look like a clown and a very selfish player. Put yourself in a Cavs fan perspective and imagine how you would be feeling if your favorite player/only real team franchise player was acting like this... Creating a Twitter account, promoting his own up and coming website, and now after milking the annoyance of this free agency to death, he is going to have a one hour special on live tv to tell everyone where he is going? Wow, what an ass!!! lol... I mean I would still love to have him him as a desperate Knicks fan who hasn't won a damn thing in over a decade, but is this guy conceded or what. I really think he can't return to the Cavs now because it almost makes him look that much worse, putting his team through that. My take on all this... No one plans a one hour live tv special if it's going to be the most anticlimatic thing in the world and he stays in Cleveland. I truly think he is no longer a Cav after Thursday.

I don't know what to think about this entire production. On one hand, I do see your point, that this entire spectacle really could have been done in a manner where he did not play with the public's head the way he did. But, then again, the media isn't helping. It's almost as if he is really enjoying all this attention. On the other hand, LBJ did say he will test free agency and take this time making a decision. He did not video tape or comment on the entire FA process, and he did not tell the media anything until he or his representatives announced the one-hour special. The tweeter account and new website I don't think say much of anything.

I think you can reach any conclusion in regards to which team he is planning on joining. I do agree it will be the most anti-climatic thing in the world if he does resign with the Cavs, but I cannot say which way he is leaning for sure.

That said, I am happy on what the Knicks have done so far. However, initially, I was turned off by presentation that described that LeBron has the largest chance of being a billionaire if he joins the Knicks. The model they used sounds interesting, but I did not think that LeBron or his camp would be interested in hearing that. The media made it seem that was all the Knicks spoke about. in reality, that was maybe 20% of the entire meeting. Point is this, nobody knows anything. Our guess is just as good as chris broussard's.

The Knicks signed a young, explosive, very talented (offensively) PF and still have a lot of cap flexibility this year and NEXT year. They Knicks have been patient and smartly planning over the past two years. The Knicks also kept communicating with LBJ's reps during the acquisition of Amar'e and, if anything, have improved our chances of getting LBJ and even another near max player next year. You can't be mad at the effort and intelligent plan and execution on the Knicks' part. Thank the basketball gods that Isiah isn't running our team today. We would be $30 million over the cap at least with no chance of getting LBJ. That is the way I choose to see it :)

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
When the show airs, it will be the most viewed broadcast since July 16th, 1969! That's how i see it.

Last edited: