Miami Signs Dwade And Chris Bosh To Max Contracts......(lebron To Ny????)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So the inevitable has happened. Bosh joins Wade and they spoon in bed together editing their documentary

This is Miami's current 5:

1 Chalmers
2 Hasbrouk (vegetable)
3 Wade
4 Beasley
5 Bosh

With no other players. That is their complete roster.

Is LeBron out of the picture in Miami? There's room left and no definite salary amounts. Did Bosh deny the Cavs solely to bring the King to The Heat? Never know? It sure as shit isn't over yet!!

If LeBron does sign with NY, we instantly have the better team comparatively:

1 TD - ? - LBJ
2 LeBron - Sky Walker
3 Gallo - Chandler
4 Stat - Chandler
5 Stat - Barron/Jordan/Curry?

fkxmv4.png

^

Holy shit! Phoenix got their trade exception from NY and signed the king. C#nts!!!!!

Seriously though, when Cleveland rock their 80s throwbacks, they're the same colour as the Knicks. That and I could convert a pic of any coloured T in to an orange one on my Mac. Pics mean shit these days

mafra

Legend
Here out my argument and correct me wherever my logic/facts are incorrect/misleading:

1 The heat have only 5 million currently on their payroll, leaving then 51 million under the projected cap for this year. Essentially, the can sign LBJ, Bosh and Wade to max contracts RIGHT NOW. That would be about 50 million between the three at least. They would be around the cap. They would have to sign the remaining 5 players will get a few million each probably, but it has to be less than the average NBA contract. In theory, they can all sign together.

2. If they do sign, with the salary raises, each contract will increase substantially and MIA can only sign role players. With no bench and really no body aside from those three, is this something LBJ will be comfortable in doing? I think YES. For this reason, I think LeBron most likely will sign with MIA, Cleveland is 2 and NYK is third in my opinion, but we are very much alive.

3. We do have Amar'e, and considering that LeBron and Amar'e are friends, this is a possibility still. But what did the Knicks convince LBJ about their future plans that says without a doubt the Knicks will be a legitimate title contender for years to come? Probably that we have cap room next year to go after Melo or CP3 and maybe one or two role players. How can that compete with what Miami has as of TODAY? Seems too much of a stretch.

4. If Toronto will agree to do a sign and trade with Bosh, then LBJ is most likely going to Miami. Miami will have even more flexibility for this year as well as next year to assure they can have the trio for two years, if not more.

I am not trying to be negative, but it's very possible that LeBron signs with Miami. I think they are the clear frontrunners.

I think they would have annoucned the decision together, if they all were ehading to MIA. Fact that Bosh-Wade announced this today, makes em think MIA is out. Lebron would also tarnish his brand if he went to MIA.... Even if he wont there it wouldn't be the same (look at what was said about Kobe winning w/ Shaq).

Still possible.... OF course, but I sense that he comes to NY now, his buddies get full access, adn Chris Paul joins him when he becomes a free agent....

UNLESS Nets trade for Paul tonight (GULP).

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Well it's true I would be a lot more confident if Wade and Bosch went to Chicago and not Miami, but who knows. Seems like ever 2 secs he is going to a different team. It's sickening.

Here out my argument and correct me wherever my logic/facts are incorrect/misleading:

1 The heat have only 5 million currently on their payroll, leaving then 51 million under the projected cap for this year. Essentially, the can sign LBJ, Bosh and Wade to max contracts RIGHT NOW. That would be about 50 million between the three at least. They would be around the cap. They would have to sign the remaining 5 players will get a few million each probably, but it has to be less than the average NBA contract. In theory, they can all sign together.

2. If they do sign, with the salary raises, each contract will increase substantially and MIA can only sign role players. With no bench and really no body aside from those three, is this something LBJ will be comfortable in doing? I think YES. For this reason, I think LeBron most likely will sign with MIA, Cleveland is 2 and NYK is third in my opinion, but we are very much alive.

3. We do have Amar'e, and considering that LeBron and Amar'e are friends, this is a possibility still. But what did the Knicks convince LBJ about their future plans that says without a doubt the Knicks will be a legitimate title contender for years to come? Probably that we have cap room next year to go after Melo or CP3 and maybe one or two role players. How can that compete with what Miami has as of TODAY? Seems too much of a stretch.

4. If Toronto will agree to do a sign and trade with Bosh, then LBJ is most likely going to Miami. Miami will have even more flexibility for this year as well as next year to assure they can have the trio for two years, if not more.

I am not trying to be negative, but it's very possible that LeBron signs with Miami. I think they are the clear frontrunners.

All very valid points..... but hear me out ok.......

#1 If he was going to stay in Cleveland why wouldn't he just end this already and just announce it at his camp? If his heart is really at home and all that sentimental stuff then the decision should not have taken so long. Leads me to think he is leaving.

#2 If he was staying why does he need an hour long special to announce he is staying? Leads me to think he is leaving.

#3 Kinda strange that on the night of the day that Bosh said he did not want to play in Cleveland, Lebron announces he will have his decision for everyone to know on Thursday. Leads me to think he is leaving.

#4 Miami is Wade's town, always will be. Lebron will be the #2 in town. Not sure Lebron is into being #2 (insert Dr. Evil voice). Leads me to feel he is not going to Miami.

#5 They already have a statue outside the United Center!

He is going to the Knicks in my mind and I did not think they had a chance at all on July 1st.

miked1958

Rotation player
I guess this was the worse of the 2

LBJ is going to CHI-Town or CLE.

I have come to terms with that now.

As usual we NEVER get the main main.

It would have been better for the knicks chances if wade and bosh went to the bulls. That way there would be no chance of lebron picking miami over us. so it would be a 2 team race, with cleveland fading by not bringing bosh over to team with LBJ. Now with those 2 going to the Heat, the Chicago fans have renewed hope that LBJ will pick them. All I hope is, that all the stuff about what rose and noah said hold true, and LBJ in the end wont want to play in MJs shadow, and will choose the knicks over them and cleveland because of our 2011 FA potential that no one else has. Even if its not melo we stand to get another really good player in summer of 2011 to team with LBJ and Amare. Throw in Gallo and Walker and you have something

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

The fact that we have a supporting cast and Miami doesn't?

Seriously the heat have TWO players under contract right now - even less than we've got? At least we've got decent players (who at worst could be valuable trade chips) in Gallinari and Chandler and Toney Douglas, the Heat have Michael Beasley and...yeah, that's it, cause they suck.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

All true, all possible and all well put. I wouldn't consider any team the front runner as yet though. He may well have not even decided.

One thing I do know is:

If James joins Miami and forms the super trio, he's taking a step back from his role as the NBA's King. Essentially going from King to Musketeer, merely by putting pen on paper. And if they don't win, he's branded as a perennial failure.

Another point is that his team will become an afterthought as they're dwarfed by Bosh (who will in turn be dwarfed by Wade and James) and Wade and even Riley.

Neither LeBron nor his inner circle want to lose what they currently have: Bragging rights as to who's at the top of the chain in their respective roles. Everything he and they are now becomes comparatively microscopic.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ha ha ha ha
This move only proves one thing

D.Wade has been a better recruiter of players than Lebron James
:teeth::teeth::teeth:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
CORRECTION:

I was wrong. The Miami Heat MUST trade Beasley to work this out and get LBJ as well.

Here is how it works:

After Bosh (with no sign and trade) and Wade get the max at 16.6 million each, Miami will have 11.6 million left, not enough to get LBJ as he is entitled to get 16.6 as well. They have to trade Beasley or they need to each sign for less. This might turn LBJ off. if someone takes beasley (it does not have to be Toronto), then the can sign the rest of the roster to the player minimum or with the mid-level exception. They can exceed the cap by signing players to a minimum. They have three rookies and they can get the veteran minimum guys to fill out the rest of the roster.

If they cannot trade Beasley, Miami is probably out of the running. This is THE KEY!!!

If getting rid of Beasley does not happen, then I think the only players are probably NYK and Cleveland. If not, I think we are screwed.

I hope no dumb team agrees to accept Beasley, which in turn will create the best trio in NBA history.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Ian O'Conner tweets that Lebron was on phone with Amar'e and Carmelo last night.

From the knicksblog.com

<!-- /.icon -->Carmelo Pushing Knicks “Hard”

By Tommy Dee on Jul 07, 2010, 11:02 am

Ian_OConnor

@Ian_OConnor: #LeBron James in contact with Carmelo & Amare last night, according to an ESPNNewYork.com source. Carmelo pushing #Knicks hard.

Jul 7, 2010 @ 02:52 PM from web

Ian has done a fine job during all this, and has moved near the head of the class from a Knicks information standpoint.

Even Chris Broussard is reporting on ESPN that the Knicks are emerging as a large possibility for Lebron AS WELL as saying that Carmelo is pushing Lebron to NY saying that he will follow him the next year. Either Broussard is just trying to blow smoke at the last minute or we are looking at the next dynasty!

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I'm cool with Bosch and Wade to Miami but I hope to god Lebron doesn't follow or else it will ruin the NBA for a long time!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
LeBron and Carmelo on the same team is retarded, they both play the same positions.

Yeah but they don't do the same things. Put Melo at the 3 or 4 and he gets his 25-30 and 8. Then you have Bron dishin to him + STAT + every1 else.

Bron can float around from the 1,2,3 with melo at 4 or just rearrange it however... there are so many options..

shaolin

Benchwarmer
LeBron and Carmelo on the same team is retarded, they both play the same positions.

They can play 3 positions each. Actually, you can argue LBJ can play 4 positions really. Their offensive games are so complete, they can co-exist and excel.

clumsy

Rotation player
"I'm cool with Bosch and Wade to Miami but I hope to god Lebron doesn't follow or else it will ruin the NBA for a long time!"

Dead ass i think superstars colluding is going to ruin the NBA for a lot of people. They should have some sort of rule for top 30 players in the league having special free agency rules.....I think the league is more exciting with parity like the NFL.

Even as a knick fan, i don't even think i wanna watch the regular season with Carmelo, Lebron, and Amare....it's like whats the point.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
"I'm cool with Bosch and Wade to Miami but I hope to god Lebron doesn't follow or else it will ruin the NBA for a long time!"

Dead ass i think superstars colluding is going to ruin the NBA for a lot of people. They should have some sort of rule for top 30 players in the league having special free agency rules.....I think the league is more exciting with parity like the NFL.

Even as a knick fan, i don't even think i wanna watch the regular season with Carmelo, Lebron, and Amare....it's like whats the point.

I don't think that guarantees a championship. The NFL analogy is not really valid since the NFL is a completely different game with only 16 games in the reg season. if a team is off for 5 or 6 games, they could be out of the playoff picture. Additionally, teams chance so much from year to year, and players have to make the team each year, it allows for parity. The structure of the NBA is very different. A team only can have 12 active players per game in the NBA, and only about 8 or 9 players actually get to play most nights. So, if teams keep their core of 5 players intact, they will usually continue to excel in the league. In the NFL, keeping an entire core is far more difficult. Also, players can restructure their deal, another reason why players tend to leave in the NFL.

I feel like I can go on, but I'll stop.