Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miami Signs Dwade And Chris Bosh To Max Contracts......(lebron To Ny????)

Nyk Logo

CORRECTION:

I was wrong. The Miami Heat MUST trade Beasley to work this out and get LBJ as well.

Here is how it works:

After Bosh (with no sign and trade) and Wade get the max at 16.6 million each, Miami will have 11.6 million left, not enough to get LBJ as he is entitled to get 16.6 as well. They have to trade Beasley or they need to each sign for less. This might turn LBJ off. if someone takes beasley (it does not have to be Toronto), then the can sign the rest of the roster to the player minimum or with the mid-level exception. They can exceed the cap by signing players to a minimum. They have three rookies and they can get the veteran minimum guys to fill out the rest of the roster.

If they cannot trade Beasley, Miami is probably out of the running. This is THE KEY!!!

If getting rid of Beasley does not happen, then I think the only players are probably NYK and Cleveland. If not, I think we are screwed.

I hope no dumb team agrees to accept Beasley, which in turn will create the best trio in NBA history.
    Last edited by shaolin; Jul 07, 2010 at 10:57.

Ian O'Conner tweets that Lebron was on phone with Amar'e and Carmelo last night.

From the knicksblog.com

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    <!-- /.icon -->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By Tommy Dee on Jul 07, 2010, 11:02 am

Ian_OConnor

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: #LeBron James in contact with Carmelo & Amare last night, according to an ESPNNewYork.com source. Carmelo pushing #Knicks hard.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from web

Ian has done a fine job during all this, and has moved near the head of the class from a Knicks information standpoint.

Even Chris Broussard is reporting on ESPN that the Knicks are emerging as a large possibility for Lebron AS WELL as saying that Carmelo is pushing Lebron to NY saying that he will follow him the next year. Either Broussard is just trying to blow smoke at the last minute or we are looking at the next dynasty!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

LeBron and Carmelo on the same team is retarded, they both play the same positions.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    LeBron and Carmelo on the same team is retarded, they both play the same positions.
    Lebron can run point.

I'm cool with Bosch and Wade to Miami but I hope to god Lebron doesn't follow or else it will ruin the NBA for a long time!

Yeah but they don't do the same things. Put Melo at the 3 or 4 and he gets his 25-30 and 8. Then you have Bron dishin to him + STAT + every1 else.

Bron can float around from the 1,2,3 with melo at 4 or just rearrange it however... there are so many options..

They can play 3 positions each. Actually, you can argue LBJ can play 4 positions really. Their offensive games are so complete, they can co-exist and excel.

Superstar

"I'm cool with Bosch and Wade to Miami but I hope to god Lebron doesn't follow or else it will ruin the NBA for a long time!"

Dead ass i think superstars colluding is going to ruin the NBA for a lot of people. They should have some sort of rule for top 30 players in the league having special free agency rules.....I think the league is more exciting with parity like the NFL.

Even as a knick fan, i don't even think i wanna watch the regular season with Carmelo, Lebron, and Amare....it's like whats the point.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    "I'm cool with Bosch and Wade to Miami but I hope to god Lebron doesn't follow or else it will ruin the NBA for a long time!"

Dead ass i think superstars colluding is going to ruin the NBA for a lot of people. They should have some sort of rule for top 30 players in the league having special free agency rules.....I think the league is more exciting with parity like the NFL.

Even as a knick fan, i don't even think i wanna watch the regular season with Carmelo, Lebron, and Amare....it's like whats the point.
    I don't think that guarantees a championship. The NFL analogy is not really valid since the NFL is a completely different game with only 16 games in the reg season. if a team is off for 5 or 6 games, they could be out of the playoff picture. Additionally, teams chance so much from year to year, and players have to make the team each year, it allows for parity. The structure of the NBA is very different. A team only can have 12 active players per game in the NBA, and only about 8 or 9 players actually get to play most nights. So, if teams keep their core of 5 players intact, they will usually continue to excel in the league. In the NFL, keeping an entire core is far more difficult. Also, players can restructure their deal, another reason why players tend to leave in the NFL.

I feel like I can go on, but I'll stop.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I sort of agree with you. The NBA has been sort of boring in recent years because of the Lakers being top-heavy with talent. I don't know if that sort of team structure happens by accident, but I kinda doubt it.

Having been an NBA fan for awhile, it seems like the teams go in really predictable cycles. Like clockwork, you can almost guarantee that losing teams will rise to the top in 5-7 yrs because they clear salary space, and get top draft picks. The Knicks have been struggling for awhile and now it seems like they are (hopefully) about to come full-circle and get on track to a 1990s-style winning cycle.

I guess I wish there was more mixing it up in the NBA. More teams with a long-range focus, more players with loyalty to their teams. The current mix seems to create a handful of recognized stars and to let other equally viable and talented players fly under the radar.

But back on topic: I'm so glued to this free agent drama. Really hoping Lebron lands in NY!

I guess my fan side contradicts everything I said above... that trio would make for an incredible season... so stoked if that happens.

and yes, this is my first post. Hi all!

Superstar

Yeah but it's proven in the nBA you can't win a chip without a superstar. There aren't 30 superstars, but i think it is a little bit more exciting when each team has a go to guy...

I don't think we will ever see a Detroit Piston championship again....a team with one borderline superstar and mostly #2 and 3 options.

Good summation of the current situation...Tommy Dee is the man.

By Tommy Dee on Jul 07, 2010, 1:49 pm
    I’ve said this from day one. Lebron the brand cannot trail D-Wade by a ring. And with Bosh agreeing to Miami, that pretty much takes the Nets out of play for me. And a source tells me that Chicago has already moved on.
    That leaves Cleveland and NY and all signs I’m seeing and hearing, it’s going to be the Big Apple.
    But I’ve been saying this for a long time now. Ultimately, the idea that Lebron going to Chicago to “win right away” was a stretch. If he wanted to “win right away” he’d go with Bosh and Wade, but again, that’s winning by default. And it would make the NBA less attractive.
    If Lebron does stay in Cleveland, then good for him, but all signs are pointing that the announcement will be NY tomorrow.
    It’s a combination gut feeling and some digging, and things can change, but that’s where I’m at right now.
    It’s where I’ve always been.
    Of course, nothing is done until it’s done.

lakers vs heat finals would be interesting now with the Riley Jackson Lakers rivals

Via Jared Dudley's twitter: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

1. That's what I'm hearing.. I don't care where he goes lol.. I personally thought he would stay in Cleveland...
    2. Breaking News!!! My sources tell me Lebron will announce that he will be goin to the NY KNICKS tomorrow on ESPN.. This is serious.. WOW!!!!
    Don't know what to think of this, Dudley has sources?