Do you think Wade and Bosh will "sacrifice" to get LBJ?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Do you think Wade/Bosh will sacrifice money assuming Miami cannot trade Michael Beasley? They will probably have to just take 2.7 million each.

Do you think Wade/Bosh will sacrifice money assuming Miami cannot trade Michael Beasley? They will probably have to just take 2.7 million each.

No way! Players in all sports talk about winning as the most important thing but its very rare to see a player take less money for the better of the team. It happens but not very often. Wade and Bosh will say they can do it the two of them and keep the money.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
No way! Players in all sports talk about winning as the most important thing but its very rare to see a player take less money for the better of the team. It happens but not very often. Wade and Bosh will say they can do it the two of them and keep the money.

Well, Bosh is leaving toronto for a lesser of the max deals, and essentially leaving 1.7 million per year on the table to join Wade.

I sort of believe Wade when he says he is willing to sign for less than the max.

LeFlume

All Star
Of course they can take less. If they are together they make that up and more off the court. Salary is the little picture. It's off the court where the money is...

Well, Bosh is leaving toronto for a lesser of the max deals, and essentially leaving 1.7 million per year on the table to join Wade.

I sort of believe Wade when he says he is willing to sign for less than the max.

Well I see your point about Bosh though he is still getting the maximum allowed by the rules for signing with a new team. We shall see, it will be interesting if that is how this plays out though