Im not getting my hopes up!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I don't know about you guys but im not getting my hopes up thinking that LJ will be a Knick just to find out tomorrow that he's going some place else.I could be wrong but I still have my doubts in him coming to NY.Something is telling me that he is just leading us on till tomorrow night then he will pick between the Cavs,Heat and Bulls.

Whats your honest opinion about LJ and do you acually believe that he will be a Knick this year?

Amar'e

Rookie
I dont want to get my hopes up either. berman just tweeted that Mills and Mav carter are in Akron not NYC.

UGH

LJ4ptplay

Starter
He's a Knick.

Why have a press conference in CT if he's staying in Cleveland, or going to Miami? It doesn't make any sense.

And if he does fly all the way to CT just to announce he's NOT coming to the Knicks....man...he will be vilified by New Yorkers for his entire life.

To tease us that way and then reject us?!? That's sick and twisted and he will never be allowed to hang out in New York (his favorite city in the world) ever again.

If he's staying in Cleveland, have the press conference in Cleveland. Or at the very least, a neutral locaton....Boise, Idaho for Christ's sake. But not CT.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
It's one thing to wish it true but logically speaking, if you look at all the angles, coming to NYC makes all the sense in the world for Lebron. I'd be shocked if he doesn't.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I hope he took in consideration that we threw two years or more a way b/c of him.We was the first team to start working on our salary cap a few years back just to try and get him.I just have a bad feeling about this but I hope im wrong.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Why have a press conference in CT if he's staying in Cleveland, or going to Miami? It doesn't make any sense.

And if he does fly all the way to CT just to announce he's NOT coming to the Knicks....man...he will be vilified by New Yorkers for his entire life.

To tease us that way and then reject us?!? That's sick and twisted and he will never be allowed to hang out in New York (his favorite city in the world) ever again.

If he's staying in Cleveland, have the press conference in Cleveland. Or at the very least, a neutral locaton....Boise, Idaho for Christ's sake. But not CT.

I could'nt agree more LJ,great post!!

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
For all these years, Knick fans have given him the most love outside of cleveland. NONE OF the other cities have done that, and if he does diss us like this then I hope the organization takes it real personal; I know the fans will.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
For all these years, Knick fans have given him the most love outside of cleveland. NONE OF the other cities have done that, and if he does diss us like this then I hope the organization takes it real personal; I know the fans will.

Thats what I really hope he is looking at and considering b/c we have thrown away three years or so away just so we could bring him to NY.:crossfingers:

iSaYughh

Starter
If Lebron James jukes us...this fcking badly...

We can only pray we ensnare Melo by god's good graces and have Melo and The I-talian Stallion posterize "LeChoke".

dave2138

Rotation player
What's to worry about...The Knicks are the overwhelming favorites at this point regardless of what the media is saying.

Cleveland was never really considered in my opinion. He would have resigned there by now if he really wanted to stay and tried recruiting FA there. He's always had trouble recruiting star players to come play with him. Not just Bosh, but also remember Boozer a few years ago.

Chicago has already moved on. In 2 years they will have to resign Rose/Noah. I can't see them devoting roughly 70-75 mil to 5 players (James, Rose, Noah, Boozer, Deng). Who comes off the bench?

He's not taking less money to go to Miami. Plus why hold an hour long special to say he's signing with Bosh/Wade. Wouldn't it have been better to do it together with those 3...why put himself over his 2 new superstar teammates?

He's not going to play in Newark.

He's not going to the Clippers.

New York is the overwhelming favorites at this point. Him holding the press conference in Connecticut near the Knicks training facility just made it official for me.

I'm not worried at all.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
What's to worry about...The Knicks are the overwhelming favorites at this point regardless of what the media is saying.

Cleveland was never really considered in my opinion. He would have resigned there by now if he really wanted to stay and tried recruiting FA there. He's always had trouble recruiting star players to come play with him. Not just Bosh, but also remember Boozer a few years ago.

Chicago has already moved on. In 2 years they will have to resign Rose/Noah. I can't see them devoting roughly 70-75 mil to 5 players (James, Rose, Noah, Boozer, Deng). Who comes off the bench?

He's not taking less money to go to Miami. Plus why hold an hour long special to say he's signing with Bosh/Wade. Wouldn't it have been better to do it together with those 3...why put himself over his 2 new superstar teammates?

New York is the overwhelming favorites at this point. Him holding the press conference in Connecticut near the Knicks training facility just made it official for me.

I'm not worried at all.

Thanks for that. I was frightened by the thought of him going to miami but that line makes complete sense. im optimistic right now

dave2138

Rotation player
Thanks for that. I was frightened by the thought of him going to miami but that line makes complete sense. im optimistic right now

no problem...1 option I forgot to consider though. What if he goes to that European team that offered him 50 mil haha

miked1958

Rotation player
Dave. I couldnt AGREE more with you!!!

I'm not worried at all.

Heres my take on this:

Used to live in New Haven/Branford. I think its on the other side of the State, Although CT is a very small State. I think about hour to an hour and a half away depending on traffic. I however dont think it has anything to do with ESPN. IF that were the case why not have it right at their studios in Bristol. Knowing LeBron, he would make ESPN fly to him in Arkon, OH. I think there is more to it then that. Now I know there having it at the Boys and Girls Club of America in Greenwich, but I am sure there is one in bristol and every other City in the USA for that matter. He could have done it at one of the Bs&Gs Clubs in Chicago, Miami or Ohio.
The fact that the location is also close to the ESTATE of Allan Houston and only about 15 or 20 minutes from the Knicks Practice Facility is very interesting to me. He will also land in Westchester County Airport. Same one NYKs use. Why would he hold it there so close to NYC and everything NY if he were staying home or picking another city? It would kind of be like a SLAP in the Face to the Knicks Organazation. It be like saying, "Oh, i know you have persued me for 2 years and have pretty much tanked the last 2 seasons clearing Cap Space for me, but I have chosen another team and will do it , RIGHT IN YOUR BACKYARD!!!". I just dont see him doing that, like Dave said, it would be like Suicide if he ever came to NY for any event ever again. I hope we are Right DAVE