ESPN Location

miked1958

Rotation player
Yes. Its ESPN is located in Bristol, Ct

Used to live in New Haven/Branford. I think its on the other side of the State, Although CT is a very small State. I think about hour to an hour and a half away depending on traffic. I however dont think it has anything to do with ESPN. IF that were the case why not have it right at their studios in Bristol. Knowing LeBron, he would make ESPN fly to him in Arkon, OH. I think there is more to it then that. Now I know there having it at the Boys and Girls Club of America in Greenwich, but I am sure there is one in bristol and every other City in the USA for that matter. He could have done it at one of the Bs&Gs Clubs in Chicago, Miami or Ohio.
The fact that the location is also close to the ESTATE of Allan Houston and only about 15 or 20 minutes from the Knicks Practice Facility is very interesting to me. Why would he hold it there so close to NYC and everything NY if he were staying home or picking another city? It would kind of be like a SLAP in the Face to the Knicks Organazation. It be like saying, "Oh, i know you have persued me for 2 years and have pretty much tanked the last 2 seasons clearing Cap Space for me, but I have chosen another team and will do it , RIGHT IN YOUR BACKYARD!!!..." I just dont see that. I hope I am right.

Last edited:

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
this makes me nervous... makes me seem like connecticut isnt anything special for the Knicks and if anything its good for the Nets...

Details into LeBron’s Big Show
LEBRON JAMES WATCH | 0 COMMENTS

Norby Williamson, ESPN’s vice president of production, said in a conference call Wednesday that LeBron‘s long-time manager Maverick Carter presented the idea to the network late last week and requested Jim Gray to be the interviewer. The broadcast will be done from ESPN’s campus in Bistol, Conn., with LeBron and Gray on camera via satellite.

The King’s decision will be announced in the first 10 to 15 minutes of Thursday’s show, and ESPN said it will have control over how they will cover the announcement, with analysts Michael Wilbon and Jon Barry joining host Stuart Scott to ask LeBron questions throughout the segment.

Said Williamson: “We have complete editorial control and direction, with the exception of what will come out of his [LeBron's] mouth.”

Though Williamson would not disclose the location of where Gray will interview James, Newsday‘s Alan Hahn reported that James will be shooting out of Greenwich, Conn., where James’ friend and part-owner of the Nets, Jay-Z, owns a home.

While the network has signed on for the special, it won’t hesitate to report news of LeBron’s decision if someone else breaks it. ESPN will report news if someone else breaks it. [@richarddeitsch, Newsday]