Crawford to NY Rumors Heating Up

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Thought yall would be interested in this. Sounds like good news to me.
Real GM: There appears to be more to the projected Allan Houston news story as first reported by Dave D'Alessandro of the Star-Ledger than previously thought. Knicks President Isiah Thomas is in Chicago, but the Pre-Draft Camp at the Moody Bible Institute isn't the only thing on his mind. We've recently learned that talks regarding restricted free agent Jamal Crawford are elevating, a player Thomas has previously coveted during the season. If the Knicks do let Houston's contract go to the expansion Bobcats (who would most likely later trade him to another team such as the Nuggets), the plan is to then follow up by getting Crawford to play alongside Stephon Marbury at the 2 spot.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I really like this guy, and hope the lure of New York is too much for him to pass up. Houston's salary as well as the salary of Dikembe hold the Knicks back truly. Most of all we need salary room to bring in a reliable big-man. I don't trust Houstons knees next season, a young player like Crawford can come into his own in NY, with guys like Steph and Isiah to learn from.

commonse

Benchwarmer
Crawford would be a very good choice for the Knicks. that guy can score 50 in a game. he is young though but with Starbury the first 2 position would been solved. and the next step is just gettin a dominant big man & the Knicks will be ready for rumble!!!

Comon Isiah lets just get Crawford for SG.

keyindabox

Benchwarmer
http://knicks.realgm.com/blog/blogger.php

Also....

Latest Knick Rumors

As the Finals approach and the major part of the NBA offseason looms closer, expect the Real GM Trade Checker to be hit massively by bored NY journalists this summer.

Kurt Thomas

Although Kurt Thomas was the teams leading rebounder and second in blocked shots, Knicks head coach Lenny Wilkins is looking for a bigger power forward. Additionally, the continuing improvement of Mike Sweetney makes it much easier for Isiah to shop Kurt Thomas around. One big plus for teams was Kurt Thomas' ability to earn high stats with a damaged pinkie. The only problem is the 20 percent trade kicker in Thomas' $30 million extension as reported by the NY Daily News may scare off some GMs.

Magic and C-Webb

The Knicks as well as almost every other team have spoken to the Magic about the number 1 pick and also are monitoring the financial situation in Sacremento with Chris Webber being the focal point.

Kobe

Word out of LA is that no one appears to be coming back next year with the Lakers looking at a complete makeover similar to the Bulls when Michael Jordan retired the second time. Additionally, the bright lights and media power of NY is apparently attracting Kobe Bryant.

Rasheed

You get a different read on this guy with every win and loss. Right now with the Finals high it may appear Rasheed Wallace looks to resign with the Pistons but if a horrible loss or a sweep takes place, you know he'll be talking about the Knicks again.

Finals Prediction

Lakers in 6

gerry42

Rookie
What does Jamal Crawford bring to the game?

Crawford has only one asset that I can find, youth. How does he actually compare to Allan Houston? Any one compared the stats?

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
You can't look at stats, buddy. If you're capable of evaluating talent you'd need only a NBA quarter to discover the kids ability. But since you want to bring up stats: points are even, Craw gets RPG by 1, APG by a full 3, SPG by almost 1, Allan wins in FGP by .435 to .386. Clearly you can see the knicls must make this trade. Crawford had absolutely no help on that team offensively. GET HIM!

JJtheKnick

Starter
i think if we get crawford he should come off the bench then nothing will effect the line up. and if housten is injuryed again then we got crawford as a back up

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
JJ, if we get Crawford he'll be the starter and Houston will be gone. Crawford is the better player and will forever be the better player. Houston is one dimensional. Crawford can do it all. That's why Isaiah wants him so bad. He can play the point as well as shooting guard. He's like a mini T-Mac. He can rebound, play defense, run the floor and shoot. Here's a four year pro with a 50 point game this past season and an 11 rebound game (always good when your guards can rebound so you can run) he had 12 assists twice. you don't sit down a young guy that can do that for an old guy that can't play anymore.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i will take a healthy housten over crawford anyday. housten is an all star and is one of the best shooters in the nba wen hes healthy

WiL8000

Rotation player
Well, we know now that Isiah Thomas is leaving Houston uprotected in the expansion draft. The Knicks now have a 50/50 chance of losing him. I've heard rumors saying that the Bobcats might take expensive players like Houston, and trade them to other teams like Denver, in exchange for cheaper, younger players, draft picks, etc.
I would hate to lose Houston without something in return, unless he is signed by the Bobcats and we then sign Crawford. Penny Hardaway and Shandon Anderson will also be up for grabs in this draft.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Here's a scenario: Bobcats take Houston and trade him for young players. They'd sign Crawford and Swift to long term contracts and trade him here. We'd in return send them some more young players like Sweetney and Williams.