Pre-Results: The Definitive Analysis On Walsh, The Plan, Our Knicks,

iSaYughh

Starter
With Miami and Riley looking like the true titans following through on their demand for "dynasty", we can only blame...ourselves.

Miami upped their pimp game to bring in the prized ho' by offering him such potential. They did this through their recent dealings.

I immediately went ballistic and posted repeatedly on this; demanding Walsh respond, or risk everything that Plan 2010 was ultimately supposed to be about.

Riley's deals did a couple things:

They made our Jeffries deal look amateurish.

They put the pressure on us to respond and --regain-- our competitive edge.

I strongly felt we needed to do so. And outlined many scenarios to do just that. It mainly revolved around Gallo and also feeing up the SF spot for Bron.

Much of KO was resistant, and Walsh clearly was, too.

The clear surge of the Heat is just reality coming in.

But this one is on us.

Hopefully we get "lucky". Still a chance.

But we have sat back like the fat mopey kid in gym class, praying we don't get picked last.

The stakes were enormous for us. A good plan demanded great execution.

Walsh's was mediocre.

A half-measure, lacking the killer instinct to go all the way.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Dude, the Heat already had Wade. That makes their job infinitely easier than what Walsh had to do when he first took over.

dave2138

Rotation player
I would have had a meeting with Miami GM, Sacramento GM, James+Bosh+Wade and their agents.

Get the big 3 to agree they would play in NY over Miami if NY had the cap space to do. Then give Miami the chance to take Gallinari + Chandler + Curry in exchange for cap space needed. If they say no, then get Sacramento to agree to the same deal.

What would you rather have...Gallinari + 50 mil cap space or Lebron/Bosh/Wade?

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Dude, the Heat already had Wade. That makes their job infinitely easier than what Walsh had to do when he first took over.

Agreed...Walsh started this at least 3 steps behind the Heat, having to clean up all of Isaih's blunders first before creating space.

Seriously, if the three of them wanted to play together it was only ever going to be Miami. I don't know why people can't understand that.

dave2138

Rotation player
Seriously, if the three of them wanted to play together it was only ever going to be Miami. I don't know why people can't understand that.

How do you figure that. The only thing they had was cap space to sign 3 max FA. The knicks would have had that too had they decided to trade Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas with Curry to a team under the salary cap to free up more cap space.

mafra

Legend
How do you figure that. The only thing they had was cap space to sign 3 max FA. The knicks would have had that too had they decided to trade Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas with Curry to a team under the salary cap to free up more cap space.

I think it still wouldn't work. Methinks D-WADE is the only man. Lebron still a boy and Bosh nothing more than a bumpkin-sidekick. Wade was never leaving his team, it was all about recruiting stars to join him.

Wade is the type-A pesonality. The manipulator. Slick Riley devised the scheme. They went out and sold it to Lebron & Bosh.

Lebron & Bosh are convinced Wade & Riley have their best interest at heart, when the only thing Wade-Riley care about are they own interests, and that of their legacy.

If Wade wins he gets all the credit.... If not, Lebron takes all the crap. Win-win for him.

Bosh is not the MAN, and maybe even not a true second option. Sure, as the third option he might be better than Odom.

KingCharles34

All Star
no offense to the threadstarter, im not tryna hate but lets get off Rileys and the Heats dikk....

Its time to start hatin on these sun burned surf board flip flop fags :evil:

iSaYughh

Starter
I don't buy Miami having some inside track. We did! They (had) Wade and a bag of balls. And as a singular, co-star to Lebron, Wade's excellence is diminished some. Wade+Bosh+Lebron is just too ferocious.

We spent years now orchestrating for this moment. And had the cap (until MIA one-upped us).

Put simply:

Until MIA made that move, they were shit in getting Lebron.

They made a key power play give them the edge.

We didn't and didn't respond.

And how is Jeffries not on Walsh? It's his trade. When it got made many felt we got raped, BUT

It'd be worth it if we secure Lebron. I was in this camp defending the deal despite the price.

Now? It's not only become clear that we could have gotten a better deal, but LBJ likely won't even come, and we got outplayed by others.

This makes the deal a butcher job. And it's Walsh's deal. Who cares if Isiah brought him in. Walsh isn't being blamed for that.

But ya, I don't want to ride Riley's sunburnt ass like he's some god. He didn't do anything amazing. He didn't need to. Walsh did, however. And he didn't.

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope, but now re-focusing on building a -team- to put a beat down on Wade and his band of merry chumps.