Dolan sent Isiaih Thomas to Lebron Yesterday

mafra

Legend
WHAT THEY....

FROM ROTOWORLD.COM

Isiah Thomas visited LeBron James on Wednesday night to make one final pitch for him to join the Knicks.

As Frank Isola said on Twitter: "The Heat sent Pat Riley while the Knicks sent a guy that doesn't even work for the organziation." Considering that everything Isiah has touched since his playing days ended has turned to mush, this was a very interesting choice for Jim Dolan to make. It also creates some thought that Isiah may end up playing a prominent role for the Knicks again. Either way, Isiah's name is now going to be associated with LeBron's decision as it relates to the Knicks, win or lose.
Source: New York Daily News

---------------

Please make it stop! Please force Dolan to sell.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
It's a widely known fact that LBJ is a huge Isiah Thomas fan. I don't know if this sways his decision one way or another, but LBJ is a fan of Isiah Thomas the player, not the GM.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I don't believe that.
No, I don't WANT to believe that.

The man -- currently a high school coach? -- who brought the Knicks Curry and Marbury went to get LBJ?

mannygo

Rookie
Smoke Screen ?

First post.

Could it all be a giant smoke screen to help preserve the national level exposure the Knicks and Lebron get after tonites announcement when he announces he is coming to New York much to the surprise of the rest of the basketball world.

After the news leaked that Knicks is where Lebron is going the next thing you know a scribe from Newsday puts out word that the Heat are frontrunners. Newsday is owned by the Dolans.

Today Donnie Walsh announced he is going to be in the air to go to Las Vegas for the summer league around the time LeBron makes his decision public when there is still no official announcement from LeBron where he is going. This is a man who worked 2 years to get LeBron on the team. And he suddenly leaves town before the decision is even annouced. Why the hurry? Could it be Donnie Walsh hops on the jet which will be veered towards Ohio to pickup Lebron for a ride back to Greenwich.

And the way Knick brass have started already peppering LeBron and expressing reaction before the official decision. Can they not wait till its official ? Its only a few hours. They still have a chance if they do not know whats going to happen from the horses mouth.

Maybe i am diehard optimist. Or we might just find out that this was all a smokescreen elaborately created to keep the world guessing and gain maximum media attention by the surprise it now creates.

LeBron is a Knick!

mafra

Legend
First post.

Could it all be a giant smoke screen to help preserve the national level exposure the Knicks and Lebron get after tonites announcement when he announces he is coming to New York much to the surprise of the rest of the basketball world.

After the news leaked that Knicks is where Lebron is going the next thing you know a scribe from Newsday puts out word that the Heat are frontrunners. Newsday is owned by the Dolans.

Today Donnie Walsh announced he is going to be in the air to go to Las Vegas for the summer league around the time LeBron makes his decision public when there is still no official announcement from LeBron where he is going. This is a man who worked 2 years to get LeBron on the team. And he suddenly leaves town before the decision is even annouced. Why the hurry? Could it be Donnie Walsh hops on the jet which will be veered towards Ohio to pickup Lebron for a ride back to Greenwich.

And the way Knick brass have started already peppering LeBron and expressing reaction before the official decision. Can they not wait till its official ? Its only a few hours. They still have a chance if they do not know whats going to happen from the horses mouth.

Maybe i am diehard optimist. Or we might just find out that this was all a smokescreen elaborately created to keep the world guessing and gain maximum media attention by the surprise it now creates.

LeBron is a Knick!

Nice first post. I alsow ant to believe we have pride, and instead of acting deflated we missed out on LEBRON, we would have swung a S-&-T that we hear rumored about.... trumping LJ's THE DECISION.

I mean, it he rejected us, then screw him right?

Sounds like Hahn messed up everything when he leaked location, and everything after that was to cover it up.... We still have up!

Rick B. just said he aint going to MIA

mannygo

Rookie
Nice first post. I alsow ant to believe we have pride, and instead of acting deflated we missed out on LEBRON, we would have swung a S-&-T that we hear rumored about.... trumping LJ's THE DECISION.

I mean, it he rejected us, then screw him right?

Sounds like Hahn messed up everything when he leaked location, and everything after that was to cover it up.... We still have up!

Rick B. just said he aint going to MIA

Thanks.

To me its not over till its officially over. I know a lot of fans do not have many complimentary things to say about the Knicks management in the past decade (me included) but there behavior has been very cheeky this afternoon. D'Anotoni is stunned. Dolan is mouthing off (well maybe thats not a surprise) and Donnie is just taking off on a trip. On this very day ?
That would be outright naive if this was real. Whether Knicks get LeBron or not there are going to be reporters and TV apprearances on ESPN to be taken care of. And Donnie just packs up and leaves. That does not pass the sniff test.

All in all still think LeBron is a doosh but i would like to still see in out uniform. And i think that's happening. Tonite!

Really????

I would rather parole Charles Manson and send him there to aspouse the virtures of the helter skelter offense

say it isint so...could they be that stupid?

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Steven A Smith is still defendin Zeke....he was just beaming today that his buddy Zeke may actually have helped the Knicks if they didnt fire his ass

what a joke

Pricey

Rotation player
Amare said Isiah Thomas spoke to him and helped get him to New York so im not sure what to think about this

miked1958

Rotation player
Yes that was confirmed by Rachel Nichols right outside MSG a few minutes ago that in face WAS I. Thomas that went to talk to LBJs team. LBJ was not there, but it was him they sent. wow.

iSaYughh

Starter
Panic move to send a virile, dapper man to rep us after the backlash on James' big meeting with our brass (guy in a wheelchair and neck brace being carted around by disheveled schmuck billionaire owner).

Lol god. I'd be pretty surprised (but not shocked) if LBJ was legitimately turned off about coming because of that. But i wouldn't be surprised if Dolan sent him Isiah at the last minute to rep us with some smoothtalking and chicness, in desperation.