David Lee has now agreed to a deal with the Warriors via a sign-and-trade

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Where is Randolph going the play? Gallo is at SF, amare is a PF....

did we just trade David Lee for a bench player?

Amare can't play center on a regular basis and Randolph is way to thin to play there...

so we traded our "homegrown" rising "star" for a bunch of bench players and maybe a 2nd round pick?! TERRIBLE

Nah man. Randolph is legit. You will see. He will get some weight and will dominate. He has the drive to play down low.

dude just his defensive mind set alone i watched clips of a game he had 8 blocks, I dont think you could make a high light film of lee having 8 blocks in a season, and this dude it in one game.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
i thought we couldve gotten more for lee but we didnt want to jeopardize our cap for next season. so i like the trade. we improved tremendously defensively

anthony randolph has tons of upside. i really hope he full fill his potential here

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
I just don't understand randolph and amare are both PF's and arent built to be centers! We need a pg and the last thing we need is a PF... yet we go out and trade for a PF!

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I just don't understand randolph and amare are both PF's and arent built to be centers! We need a pg and the last thing we need is a PF... yet we go out and trade for a PF!

I think it is the style Mike wants to play. He wants agility out there and a true center doesn't have a good engine to go up and down the court with ease. Now we can be the run and gun team Mike likes to play and we won't be hurting in the defensive dept. Amare can matchup against bigger guys and now with the other additions he doesn't have to do every trip down the court and has decent enough backup to give him a rest.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
well none of that matters though since we don't have a uptemp style point guard....

I would've preferred we trade lee for 1st round pick(s) and/or a really good PG

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
well none of that matters though since we don't have a uptemp style point guard....

Andy R. played real uptempo at Cuse. I can't see why he could not fit right in. Im a huge Cuse fan and we were great in transition last year. If we could find someone better I would love it. If not Im fine with that too.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
well we absolutely need a pg who can perfect the pick n' roll with Amare...

I just wish we could've gotten a 1st round pick from Lee, i really don't like this deal....

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
well we absolutely need a pg who can perfect the pick n' roll with Amare...

I just wish we could've gotten a 1st round pick from Lee, i really don't like this deal....

That is true. Chris was pretty good at it. Although time will tell with Andy. I want to see what we can do in preseason then maybe we can make a trade. I still like having all that cap space for next year. Could be up to 30 mil. I like that number.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

That would have made to much sense. This knick management team is not in the business of common sense

Looks like not everyone thinks this is a good trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5365731

I don't know. Time will tell, but if the Knicks begin to struggle for wins next year, this off season may go down as one of the worst in team history.

Oh wait ESPN are dissing the Knicks. What else is new?

It is funny that Sheridan is behind it. He was claiming that the Knicks had a great roster before LBJ'S decision but now we are shite? The guy is spewing vitriol because he had it so wrong and now it's the Knick's fault.

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
Don't sleep on Turiaf. The dude is a shot blocking machine. Look at his minutes, then go look at his blocks.

This board has been screaming for a shot blocking center, well we got one.

Randolph is young and has a lot of good tools. He has two negatives: skeleton frame, and poor attitude. Let's hope we can get him to strength up and change the latter.

Kelena is underrated. He is a good player.

No team in the world would have given us picks for a sign and trade for David Lee. He has value, but NOT that much value.

Toons

is the Bo$$
We really couldn't get a 1st round pick back from anyone for Lee?

I hate this trade, the players we are getting back are scrubs, Randolph is young but he's scrawny and injury prone AND he plays the same freaking position as amare! What the hell is donnie doing?! stock up on draft picks and sign big name free agents!

STFU With this injury prone thing. randolph had ONE injury that made him miss major time. they my play the same position, but their games are totally different. randolph is a defensive david lee. azubuike is a borderline all star

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I like this deal.

finally we have a couple of defensive bigs. One defensive big alongside offensive powerhouse Amare, I like that.

All we need now is a good pass first point guard. Someone who can run the pick and roll with amare.

I really like the way this roster is shaping up and think that there still may be more moves. We have to get a point guard don`t we? If we don`t then we only have Tony Douglas for that position.