From Cleveland

LeFlume

All Star
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ?KING? WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

smokes

Huge Member
Are you serious that Dan Gilbert wrote this? Lol... Talk about bitter. And unprofessional.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Are you serious that Dan Gilbert wrote this? Lol... Talk about bitter. And unprofessional.

Screw that, Lebron played everybody. Made a show out of this free agency. The one hour show in my opinion really added fuel to the fire. He spit on the face of all the Cleveland fans and didn't look back.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Screw that, Lebron played everybody. Made a show out of this free agency. The one hour show in my opinion really added fuel to the fire. He spit on the face of all the Cleveland fans and didn't look back.

He screwed Cleveland hard. Now Cleveland don't really have many options to sign right now. He did them foul.

Paul1355

All Star
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ?KING? WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers
some people see Gilbert as an embarrassment for this letter since James is only a basketball player and its not like he betrayed USA adn gave spy technology to Al Queda.

BUT I liked this from Gilbert and Lebron is only getting a taste of what will come.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He screwed Cleveland hard. Now Cleveland don't really have many options to sign right now. He did them foul.

Cleveland screwed their long term future by getting guys like Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison who ate up cap space - and LeBron responded by leaving them.

What a dick.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Cleveland screwed their long term future by getting guys like Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison who ate up cap space - and LeBron responded by leaving them.

What a dick.

It was a dick move considering the Cavs did try and surround him with the
pieces. I just think this could have been bypassed about this "the decision"
bullshit. It really just fed Brons ego and I think that this is what will piss everyone off the most. The only ones that are happy are the Heat. I think if he went back to the Cavs I think the league and other teams would probably say James is a decent dude for sticking by his hometown fans.

Now he just pissed everyone off and he dug his own grave. Brand James just took a hit and forget about being mister billionaire.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
The fact that people are defending Queen Lebron on here amazes me. Look if he was going to leave Cleveland for Miami thats one thing, but it's the way he handled it. Twitter Account, Personal Website, 1 Hour TV special on ESPN, I mean are you f'en kidding me. Look, I can live with the fact that he didn't come to the Knicks, but what I can't live with is how he handled this entire process. I think its egotistic, cowardly, and maniacal. He planned on leaving Cleveland all along. He quit on his team on the playoffs and quit on the State of Ohio. Screw him

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I would've been OK if he decided to stay in Cleveland and win one for his hometown. That's loyalty - and in this day and age, that's worth a lot.

What I'm NOT OK with, is him bailing on not only his home state, but also the BIG CITY, to go to WADE County.

I don't like that one bit.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
mad respect to Dan Gilbert, and his use of the quotations are hilarious.

it would be hilarious if the heat never win a title i would crack up and lebron would become the laughing stock of the NBA

I still can't believe an owner would write something like that. He'll regret that shit, you watch. I appreciate the sentiment, but that's crazy to do as an owner.

Think Comm Stern might be speaking with Gilbert about this?

smokes

Huge Member
I still can't believe an owner would write something like that. He'll regret that shit, you watch. I appreciate the sentiment, but that's crazy to do as an owner.

Think Comm Stern might be speaking with Gilbert about this?

Exactly.

I'm not defending Lebron or his decision. I'm pretty pissed off about it too. Although if he had joined the Heat and been straight about it from the get-go without all the twists and turns of the past week it woulda been not so bad.

The point is this is like an emotional rant from a teenager or something, not something fitting the status of a majority owner of an NBA team.

It's unprofessional, lacks class and is gonna get him in trouble most likely.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
This is the most unprofessional thing i have ever seen from an NBA exec. He sounds like a complete idiot, this is something a 14 year old chick would write to her ex boyfriend who dumped her for the hotter older cheerleader.
He does not own Bron, He didnt help groom Bron from a talentless player to what he is today. Bron went there, tried to win a chip for 7 years, it didnt work out, and the way their roster was, probably wasnt gonna work out.
I really cant believe that this idiot wrote something like this. He will be killed over it. Idiot.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Man I DVR'd the decision and I would have been pissed off if he had done my city like that. If he was on the Knicks and did us so foul on public television I would have been wrecked and felt like shit. I hope he never wins another championship ever.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Mr. Gilbert has all the right in the world to rage after that whole shameless fiasco The Queen put him, his organization and his city through. As a matter of fact that was relatively tame if you consider what Mark Cuban would have done if Dirk did something even close to what The Queen did to Mr. Gilbert and the Cavs. If Stern should be reprimanding anyone it should be The Queen.