We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

metrocard

Legend
Stoudimire is honestly a top 3 big man in the NBA, at worst. Potential to play as the best in the league. Most dynamic scorer at his position and clearly an unstoppable force and an awesome first option to have on offense. His scoring from inside range will make our offense much more efficient. Plus the fact Amare can give you 9-10 rebounds 1-2 blocks a game and hit the mid range J just makes everything sweet.

Randolph is only 20...he's an athletic point forward who can handle the ball, rebound, and block shots. I see him average 14 ppg 9 rebs and 1.8 blk with 2.9 assist

Gallinari, you guys know the deal. I expect him to put up Rashard Lewis type numbers for us plus more...he's a huge threat...and a perfect compliment to Amare.

Turiaf can pass, block shots, defense, rebound and bring energy...a player who plays to win and will bring alot of good energy to the locker room. Glad to have this tough happy son of a bitch on our team.

Azubuike...explosive athlete with long arms, solid defense with 3pt range...excels in the open court...ala the full court fast break D'Antoni offense. Perfect player off the bench.

Walker...one of the best leapers in the NBA, smooth player with a skilled game and a bag of tricks. 3pt range. Potential to be a good defender. Dedicated worker, lost 20 pounds this summer...expect more quickness and agility from an already established slasher. Plays above the rim like no one else. 15 ppg potential...JR Smith type numbers.

Douglas...another guy who can defend and hit the 3...awesome combo guard who can score off the bench or as a starter.

Chandler...Rudy Gay's depressed cousin. He can produce numbers even when playing lathargic. Great post defender, can rebound and slash. Just needs to stay way from the 3pt line and try to play like Marion.

I'm loving this team right now. I really am happy. We have a nice young squad.

I don't want LeBron here...I want us to win a championship without selling our franchise to a scumbag.

Lets rejoyce and be happy we're building a good team.

Thank you Donnie, thank you.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Stoudimire is honestly a top 3 big man in the NBA, at worst. Potential to play as the best in the league. Most dynamic scorer at his position and clearly an unstoppable force and an awesome first option to have on offense. His scoring from inside range will make our offense much more efficient. Plus the fact Amare can give you 9-10 rebounds 1-2 blocks a game and hit the mid range J just makes everything sweet.

Randolph is only 20...he's an athletic point forward who can handle the ball, rebound, and block shots. I see him average 14 ppg 9 rebs and 1.8 blk with 2.9 assist

Gallinari, you guys know the deal. I expect him to put up Rashard Lewis type numbers for us plus more...he's a huge threat...and a perfect compliment to Amare.

Turiaf can pass, block shots, defense, rebound and bring energy...a player who plays to win and will bring alot of good energy to the locker room. Glad to have this tough happy son of a bitch on our team.

Azubuike...explosive athlete with long arms, solid defense with 3pt range...excels in the open court...ala the full court fast break D'Antoni offense. Perfect player off the bench.

Walker...one of the best leapers in the NBA, smooth player with a skilled game and a bag of tricks. 3pt range. Potential to be a good defender. Dedicated worker, lost 20 pounds this summer...expect more quickness and agility from an already established slasher. Plays above the rim like no one else. 15 ppg potential...JR Smith type numbers.

Douglas...another guy who can defend and hit the 3...awesome combo guard who can score off the bench or as a starter.

Chandler...Rudy Gay's depressed cousin. He can produce numbers even when playing lathargic. Great post defender, can rebound and slash. Just needs to stay way from the 3pt line and try to play like Marion.

I'm loving this team right now. I really am happy. We have a nice young squad.

I don't want LeBron here...I want us to win a championship without selling our franchise to a scumbag.

Lets rejoyce and be happy we're building a good team.

Thank you Donnie, thank you.

All of this is the way I feel. Im pretty happy about all this. It's better then year's past and we have a legit chance to make the playoffs with teams suffering big from F.A. Let's not forget Andy R. who can knock down the three consistently and defend fairly well. He was a good thief of the ball. Also the kid from Stanford was amazing in the Pac 10 and he will be good of the bench. I like the way the team is shaping up. Cap space for next year as well...... Son. :afro:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree with you, we can surprise many in the league and possibly put up 50 wins Amar'e is probably the best PF in the league ( bosh is NOT better then this dude ) and Gallo can become a solid #2 option on this team, he had moments last year where he had his against the top players in the NBA( 20 points in 1 quarter vs Melo ) and is showing no signs of his injury he could become a star player just add a quality PG and were set pretty much we finally have D coming off the bench at C with turiaf and jordan. Randolph can become a lee( when you give him minutes like lee got his numbers are similar) we could have a very solid squad if it stays like this. but something tells me were not done this offseason yet

point is:gony:

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i'm happy with the team and it is a playoff bound team... but beating miami... idk maybe next year when we're back in the FA race with 30 mill under the cap!

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
We're a good team? No we're not.

Why? We still have harrington unless I missed something. Good offensively, but I can't say about defense. Amare has just made our low post so improved it might be in the top 10 if not the top 5 in the league. We can shoot the lights out big time now. Defensively we have gotten better.

If we do suck big time then hey.... we still have tons of cap for next year to pick up another star. Like I said before all win win in my book.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
LOL... GOOD TEAM? TOP 3 BIG MAN? Can beat Miami? Whats your definition of good team? better than the clippers, if so then yes we are a good team... Top 3 Big Man... Really son? so there are only 2 other big men in the NBA who you would rank above Amare? Well I'll just name a few big men over 6'10 not going to mention a position, since yha just eluded to big men....

Pao Gasol
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard
Yao Ming
Lamarcus Aldridge
Dirk Nowitzski
Chris Bosh

Now there are some people in that list that he is equal to in talent, but superior than any1 in that list... I dont think so.

The knicks will continue to be the same team, because they have the same mentality and thats because they have the same coach. and damn i'm tired of hearing people continuing to talk about this system that D'antoni has. for 2 years that so called system has had the knicks win 33 games. When exactly is it time for us to say the system is flawed. When does it become time to say that the coach is not as good as his resume showed?

Fire the coach, then I believe the Knicks can begin the process of becoming a decent team, who can become good.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Metrotard does it again. We might lose by 75 to the Heat this year. STAT and a cast of misfits does not a team make. Do you really watch basketball or just talk about it for fun????

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I can't wait for Danilo Gallinari to open the eyes of his unbelievers next year. And I am super curious to see how Randolph plays. There's this one game of his against Utah when he was a rookie. And he did EVERY ****ING THING. But he has those games once in a blue moon. If only D'ant could harness his raw talent.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
All I know is that we are much improved from the past 5 years. Sorry I feel we have a legit chance to make the playoffs because teams like Toronto, Cleveland and others just didn't make moves and we actually got a true star and have an explosive team. Look at OKC. Young explosive talent with a star. Sure those guys are much better then what we have, but with the East starting to get thin in terms of talent spread out we have chance to make the playoffs.

That is good for me at this point in time. Starting over means we don't see the playoffs for another 3-5 years. I can't have that. As it was we weren't on national tv at all. With Amare we will get more exposure. These are great things for a franchise that needs to rebuild. About the coach. Let's see what he can do with a true star and some decent talent around him. I think being in the hunt for the playoffs is a big step making them I would be over the moon.

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
Metrotard does it again. We might lose by 75 to the Heat this year. STAT and a cast of misfits does not a team make. Do you really watch basketball or just talk about it for fun????

Do YOU watch basketball? SMH if you did u would know that we improved from last year, especially our front line with some young talent. maybe not to a championship contender, but to a improved knicks squad. We still have cap room for this year and next to solidify our squad. and as for the Heat, once they get a Center then they can talk championships cause there not getting by the lakers, magic, maybe even the celtics.

CoolClyde

better team fer sure

good post, i feel same way about team, but not so sure about beating Miami.
we'll see how NYK squad pans out come opening day.... who will be our true PG?

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
good post, i feel same way about team, but not so sure about beating Miami.
we'll see how NYK squad pans out come opening day.... who will be our true PG?

My vote is for Andy, but Im so biased it isn't funny. I love all Syracuse. If, if and that is a big IF. If melo came I won't have a stroke.

King Ewing

Banned
Why? We still have harrington unless I missed something. Good offensively, but I can't say about defense. Amare has just made our low post so improved it might be in the top 10 if not the top 5 in the league. We can shoot the lights out big time now. Defensively we have gotten better.

If we do suck big time then hey.... we still have tons of cap for next year to pick up another star. Like I said before all win win in my book.

you need to do your research.

WE PLAY NO DEFENSE WHAT SO EVER. NONE! ZERO!

And here's a news flash, Amare doesnt play defense ether. This team sucks, we'll put up 110, and loss becaue we gave up 118.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
look i think we just need two playes right now to be a playoff team that either be felton or ridnour i pefer felton and bring another big like a kurt thomas and if t-mac is willing to come back for cheap them him to but look at this squad

felton/toney
t-mac/bill walker/azabokie/rautins
danillo/wilson/fields
amare/randolph/
tufriaf/thomas/jordan/curry

dont know who whould go best at c between randolph/turiaf/thomas

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
WE PLAY NO DEFENSE WHAT SO EVER. NONE! ZERO!

And here's a news flash, Amre doesnt play defense ether. This team sucks, we'll put up 110, and loss becaue we gave up 118.

With the new additions we will be markedly better defensively. It's true that Amare isn't the beast he once was on the defensive end, but he still a better presence then Curry or anyone else we have. So I don't know how you can say we haven't improved defensively with the guys we brought in to sure up the defensive end.

King Ewing

Banned
With the new additions we will be markedly better defensively. It's true that Amare isn't the beast he once was on the defensive end, but he still a better presence then Curry or anyone else we have. So I don't know how you can say we haven't improved defensively with the guys we brought in to sure up the defensive end.

David Lee plays better defense down low then Amare, and he's a better rebounder. On top of that, Amare wont dive for a ball, never. David Lee would jump 10 feet and dive into the stands to save a loose ball, if you think Amare would do anything close to that you're fooling yourself.

I'm confident. I wanted LeBron but it's over, and it'll be even sweeter when we knock off that 3-man-team in the spring.

Gallo is gonna shine. Randolph is gonna grow. I'm gonna miss David Lee but the trade as worth it. I'm kinda loving the Lee deal. He got paid, and the Knicks didn't have to pay for it, AND the Knicks got compensation.

Douglas
Walker
Gallo
Amar'e
Randolph

And that's as is right now with no further free agent help. They still got about $13MM to spend. Maybe sign Ridnour for cheap as a backup. NO long-term commitments at the point, Donnie should just push hard for Parker a year from now.

Really gotta hand it to Donnie. Don't really know how much time he has left in the organization, seeing as these past few weeks is basically what he signed up for, but he did everything he set out to do. Got under the cap, and turned the Knicks into a franchise set up to win. I trust my franchise with Donnie Walsh.

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
David Lee plays better defense down low then Amare, and he's a better rebounder. On top of that, Amare wont dive for a ball, never. David Lee would jump 10 feet and dive into the stands to save a loose ball, if you think Amare would do anything close to that you're fooling yourself.

stop hating man im sick of so called fans on her talking shit about their so called "team". blah this blah that we cleared all that cap just for Amare. we suck at defense. Would u rather have zach randolph and jamal crawford? Were moving in the right direction, by adding some players who play better defense than david lee and having the flexibility add more.