We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

They will be signed by someone, make no mistake about that. This is the Knicks opportunity to get some people that can compete in the East...NOW. Hopefully they don't blow it again.

What I know as a fact is that A.I. had personal issues...which he took time off and resolved. Gilbert got suspended but still can ball with the best of them. Camby is a good defensive force...all of these guys have experience and are hungry for a title.

So why do you think they're garbage?

After that fiasco in Washington, I'm sure something can be worked out. The question is..are the Knicks that savvy enough? Don't be surprise if some of the new guys that were just picked up find themselves marching toward Washington in a trade deal.

EDIT: I think the Wizards just picked up a point guard from Chicago too...I might be wrong thou

mafra

Legend
WE PLAY NO DEFENSE WHAT SO EVER. NONE! ZERO!

And here's a news flash, Amare doesnt play defense ether. This team sucks, we'll put up 110, and loss becaue we gave up 118.

This is why we got Turiaf and just signed this Russian center. This is why we brought in Azubuike and Randolph. Defense is a focus.

Let's compare our front court with MIA:

STAT (6"10'), RANDOLPH (6"11'), TURIAF (6"10'), CURRY (7"0'), MOZGOV (7"1'), JORDAN (7"0')....

Heck, even Gallo is 6"10'.

What about MIA? Bosh and Pittman are both 6"10'. That's their front court. They're courting the Big-Z and J-Howard.

Methinks our front court will eat them alive and dominate the paint-glass.

Stat and Randolph will run circles around these guys, while Turiaf-Jordan-Mozgov leave some black-n-blues. Wade and Lebron want to penetrate and dunk then they'll pay the price. Mozgov wont back down. Geez, neither will Gallo.

We will employ the SSOL and try to score some points, but we'll also focus on interior defense. PACK IT IN.... zone it and force LJ and WADE to be jump shooters.

Why don't you think these guys can fit in with Amare? They will take the financial cuts to play here and I'm sure they can out ball any of the newly aquired talent the knicks picked up this year. Besides, they are hungry just as well. The only iffy player may be Camby, but he'll fit in well with these core of EXPERIENCED guys.

But ofcorse, the Knicks brass dosen't have that type of winning insight. Their just a Marketing team for the rest of the NBA. They only advertise their talent so they can trade and/or sell them off.....no one can deny that. It's all they ever done sinse the Ewing days.

They will take financial cuts? The only player of the three thats free is A I. Arenas has a 100 mill left on his current contract. We'd have to do what you say you dont want us to do. Advertise our talent and then sell them off. Look I dont know how this season pans out, but I'm willing to give some of this young talent a chance to develop. Adding aging vets to this team would be the worst thing we could do.

They will take financial cuts? The only player of the three thats free is A I. Arenas has a 100 mill left on his current contract. We'd have to do what you say you dont want us to do. Advertise our talent and then sell them off. Look I dont know how this season pans out, but I'm willing to give some of this young talent a chance to develop. Adding aging vets to this team would be the worst thing we could do.

A.I had off the court issues...he wasn?t focused, but I?m sure he?s ready to make some noise again. I still think a person like him can easily thrive in the element known as the Garden. I?m sure he still can play and haves more heart than Marbury (even thou Marbury never truly had a supporting cast). And yes, the Knicks have young players (as always) and inexperienced?.especially, for this current division.

To me, it looks like the norm with the Knicks Grab up a bunch of dudes and package them off. Why not for Gilbert? He?s proven and will do great with Amare?well seasoned players is what?s needed now. Going young and head strong will only lead to learning lessons on how to play. I?m tired of the Knicks taking players just to break them in to the NBA. Don't tell me you don't know this by now...

Wargames

Starter
why would we take arenas Large multi year contract. Nice or not dude is obviously going to be a problem to deal with and you might not of heard this buy New York gives serious jail time to athletes with guns. Just ask Plexico

metrocard

Legend
Why don't you think these guys can fit in with Amare? They will take the financial cuts to play here and I'm sure they can out ball any of the newly aquired talent the knicks picked up this year. Besides, they are hungry just as well. The only iffy player may be Camby, but he'll fit in well with these core of EXPERIENCED guys.

But ofcorse, the Knicks brass dosen't have that type of winning insight. Their just a Marketing team for the rest of the NBA. They only advertise their talent so they can trade and/or sell them off.....no one can deny that. It's all they ever done sinse the Ewing days.

Arenas doesn't pass the ball, he's a scoring/chucking combo guard who's taken a shot in his career, he's on the downhill, not the same player anymore.

Iverson is old, not even that fast anymore, he had his problems getting passed guys like Fisher. He lacks 3pt range, is 5"11, and can only play SG with his style, yet again, another Isiah like move.

Camby will always get respect, but he's old. I don't understand you. You cry about 3 good young players, but want 3 washed up guys for rentals.

Kelenna > Iverson Kelenna is young, athletic, can defend and hit 3's...things Iverson can't do.
Randolph > Camby Randolph is basically Marcus Camby, but 20 years old with handle and offense.
Turiaf > Arenas(we need rebounding/shot blocking) We already got our combo guard in Douglas.

You just totally killing your rep in this thread man...smh.

clumsy

Rotation player
All i know is for everyone bad mouthing the offseason moves and asking for former big names....ya'll just don't watch enough basketball..

Our roster makes complete SENSE top to bottom for the 1st time in 10 years. I really believe a lot of teams will be unable to take our frontcourt. If we get this russian dude....that is 3 big players who can play D and give fouls. Automatically that is at least 20 to 30 wins more. Add to the fact Azuibuke can play good permiter D, and we are looking at a hard nose squad that can score a good amount.

Doesn't that remind you of a certain team people watched in 1999

clumsy

Rotation player
All i know as constructed there are certain teams we cannot beat in the playoffs because we don't have a true #1 option. A true go to guy. I'm really not sure if Amare is that dude but We can get one next year in melo.

Until then....just stfu about Walsh and D'ANtoni and enjoy competitve 1st and possibly 2nd round playoff basketball

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
How could Arenas and Camby take finacial cuts if they are under contract? 4 years 80 million left on Arenas's contract scares the living shit outta me. Let Washington deal with him.

Camby just signed an extension, why would the Blazers trade him? And he's making double digit salary. NOO WAY...the guy's like 36. Not nearly as good as he used to be.

And idk what anyone sees in A.I. The guy is clearly not the same. I appreciate everything he did back when he was THE ANSWER. But he no longer is, but the problem is that he still thinks he is. So no to Iverson.

I mean if you really want us to suffer for another 3-4 years, then sure go ahead and get all three of them. Personally I've suffered enough, and enjoy the young athletic roster we have now.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The Knicks would be more fun to watch with those 3 guys.

More fun to watch? What narcotics are you on???? I personally have seen enough of the "Jamal Crawford"/"Steve Francis"/"Starbury" days where the players held the ball and chucked awful shots. Iverson and Arenas on the same team sounds like the worst possible basketball ever. The Knicks were FUN to watch last year when everyone was unselfish and D-Lee was getting everyone involved. Then we were awful when Al Chuckington and others started to neglect team basketball in favor of their upcoming contracts. How would Arenas and Iverson on the same team be FUN to watch?? I think I'd puke after game one seeing those two on the same team.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Arenas doesn't pass the ball, he's a scoring/chucking combo guard who's taken a shot in his career, he's on the downhill, not the same player anymore.

Iverson is old, not even that fast anymore, he had his problems getting passed guys like Fisher. He lacks 3pt range, is 5"11, and can only play SG with his style, yet again, another Isiah like move.

Camby will always get respect, but he's old. I don't understand you. You cry about 3 good young players, but want 3 washed up guys for rentals.

Kelenna > Iverson Kelenna is young, athletic, can defend and hit 3's...things Iverson can't do.
Randolph > Camby Randolph is basically Marcus Camby, but 20 years old with handle and offense.
Turiaf > Arenas(we need rebounding/shot blocking) We already got our combo guard in Douglas.

You just totally killing your rep in this thread man...smh.

:beer:

nice summary

lol @ possibly wanting Iverson and Arenas on the same team. That would instantly make us one of the most inefficient offenses in the history of basketball.