We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

iSaYughh

Starter
Wow. We just recovered from salary cap hell; assembled a balanced, young team. To mold, and develop alongside already-legit players. And use said cap and chemistry and reputation to get a big beast to make us Pat The Rat exterminators....

And someone is demanding we sign:

Arenas (massive, nearly immovable contract loaded with franchise-crippling risk)

AI (the definition of a washed up ex-superstar)

Camby (36yr old multi-year contract big man when we have 4-5 young guys signed who are primed to explode)

None of these players have any business being on our team.

Signing them --might-- ensure us a playoff berth. It would also virtually ensure 1st round exits; or an Isiah-esque crippling of our franchise (eg Arenas).

All when we are finally primed to ball, contend, and feasibly reach for a dynasty?

iJoe

Rotation player
Signing those players would make the Knicks interesting, but for all the wrong reasons. Just watching Arenas/AI fighting for the ball and being unable to get past anyone would be comic.

Seriously, people pay way too much attention to the marketing of these "star" players and not real talent. Arenas was always an overrated turnover machine.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think we can beat Miami too, i dont see how there gonna be able to get good role players to put around the faggit three. Bosh cant protect the basketball, Lebron and Wade can provide good help defense but for the most part the it should be easy to attack the rim against them. As a team we have alot of potential, its hard to predict exactly how good we'll be but im predictin at least 7th in the east

Smh @ the fags that immediately disagreed early in this thread just for the sake of disagreeing with a poster that repeatedly sons them. These clowns continue to show no logic everytime they post and bring down the overall quality of the site.

smokes

Huge Member
Arenas... Iverson... Camby... Knicks no better than last year...

Free agency brought a looooot of idiots to this forum :lol:

You guys still want the young and dumb over experienced players, when will this end? The Knicks always go young just to advertise and trade them off, and you guys sit here acting like true Knick fans but have yet to recognize the pattern. I can?t believe you think these guys are going to compete in this division, or even stay Knicks. It?s a re-building process that will most definitely involve trading for big name people. The only difference now is that they have more resources to work with. NY/ the Garden is about Star power and Showtime, There will be none of that this year, with these current guys.
<O:p</O:p
I know for a fact that Iverson, Gilbert and Camby will do great with Amare?.way better than any of the new guys that were brought in the last few days. If you doubt that than you really know nothing about balling and probably play way too much video games. This is the NBA, not the D-league.
<O:p
Don?t go getting all excited with the guys the Knicks have at the moment, they wont be here that long, and if they happen to make it out the summer untraded or waived?all it will take is getting ponder by all their division rivals for the first few games before all the trade talk for more experienced players start. You?ll all see the light once you open your eyes and stop dreaming. This is all they ever did?so stop lying to yourselves.
Have no worries about my rep?my real rep is in the real world, and that is where it really counts. I?m tickled that you would even mention such a thing like that?without feeling the least bit embarrassed.
But, don?t worry fellas. You won?t here me saying ?I told you so?, I won?t rub it in when that time come?.being a Knick fan is torture enough.

Arenas... Iverson... Camby... Knicks no better than last year...

Free agency brought a looooot of idiots to this forum :lol:

With over a G in posts on a Knicks fan forum? Which are you....the kettle or the pot?

If you guys have nothing productive to share or can't present an arguement with some respect...I suggest you keep your unimportant comments to your self....you're only exposing your ass...to my big foot.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
You guys still want the young and dumb over experienced players, when will this end? The Knicks always go young just to advertise and trade them off, and you guys sit here acting like true Knick fans but have yet to recognize the pattern. I can?t believe you think these guys are going to compete in this division, or even stay Knicks. It?s a re-building process that will most definitely involve trading for big name people. The only difference now is that they have more resources to work with. NY/ the Garden is about Star power and Showtime, There will be none of that this year, with these current guys.
<o>:p</o>:p
I know for a fact that Iverson, Gilbert and Camby will do great with Amare?.way better than any of the new guys that were brought in the last few days. If you doubt that than you really know nothing about balling and probably play way too much video games. This is the NBA, not the D-league.
<o>:p
Don?t go getting all excited with the guys the Knicks have at the moment, they wont be here that long, and if they happen to make it out the summer untraded or waived?all it will take is getting ponder by all their division rivals for the first few games before all the trade talk for more experienced players start. You?ll all see the light once you open your eyes and stop dreaming. This is all they ever did?so stop lying to yourselves.
Have no worries about my rep?my real rep is in the real world, and that is where it really counts. I?m tickled that you would even mention such a thing like that?without feeling the least bit embarrassed.
But, don?t worry fellas. You won?t here me saying ?I told you so?, I won?t rub it in when that time come?.being a Knick fan is torture enough.

With over a G in posts on a Knicks fan forum? Which are you....the kettle or the pot?

If you guys have nothing productive to share or can't present an arguement with some respect...I suggest you keep your unimportant comments to your self....you're only exposing your ass...to my big foot.

Are you even a knick fan?

</o></o></o>

use to be a die hard one like most of you guys, but I woke up and saw the pattern. I'm just checking up on news to see if my convictions were right...

p0nder

Starter
Fairweather fan's can shove on. If you can't handle the stress of being a Knicks fan then you were never a real "die-hard". Just another bandwagon knicks fan that comes around again now that we are relevant.

I mean, you have a right to your opinion as much as anyone here but it really seems you are hating for the sake of hating.... Can't you see how the cycle we've gone through for the past 10+ years is finally being broken?

Then you are telling us we'd be better off with AI, Arenas and Camby in the line up? I mean, I was one of the guys calling for donnie to sign AI last season, and it turned out to be a good thing that he didn't. I really thought that the T-Mac trade would work out great and T-Mac would come back and play to his old self, but it didn't turn out that way... now i'm starting to recognize the patterns. Old ass players with former star power make bloated contracts that ruin teams.

It's a pattern that started here in NY with Allan Houston's MASSIVELY over paid contract. And it continued here and around the league.

If AI, Camby and Arenas decided to take league minimums to come play here I'd still have to pause and think about it...

Your shit doesn't make much sense, you're trolling more then contributing.

iJoe

Rotation player
The reason the Knicks got into such a mess was because Isiah never wanted to rebuild. Imagine what the knicks could have been without those horrendous trades and kept our draft picks.

Now that we're finally doing a decent job rebuilding, people whine about not getting washed up players like arenas/iverson/camby. I'm sure they're the ones that want Mcgrady back and starting too.

We've got a fun young team with lots of upside that we can see grow. We're not done with moves yet either. Curry can be moved easily and at worst we'll have some nice trade chips for the next two FA markets.

Fairweather fan's can shove on. If you can't handle the stress of being a Knicks fan then you were never a real "die-hard". Just another bandwagon knicks fan that comes around again now that we are relevant.

I mean, you have a right to your opinion as much as anyone here but it really seems you are hating for the sake of hating.... Can't you see how the cycle we've gone through for the past 10+ years is finally being broken?

Then you are telling us we'd be better off with AI, Arenas and Camby in the line up? I mean, I was one of the guys calling for donnie to sign AI last season, and it turned out to be a good thing that he didn't. I really thought that the T-Mac trade would work out great and T-Mac would come back and play to his old self, but it didn't turn out that way... now i'm starting to recognize the patterns. Old ass players with former star power make bloated contracts that ruin teams.

It's a pattern that started here in NY with Allan Houston's MASSIVELY over paid contract. And it continued here and around the league.

If AI, Camby and Arenas decided to take league minimums to come play here I'd still have to pause and think about it...

Your shit doesn't make much sense, you're trolling more then contributing.

You call opinionated theories trolling? You say I?m hating to just be hating? Trolling is a form of instigating, if you read carefully, you?ll see who is doing the real trolling. I?m a true NY fan. Whether I?m at a Giants, Jets, Yankee or Mets game, always cheering NY.

The Knicks are not about winning, that?s why I lost love for them. When they decided to throw away the last two seasons for this moment in time I was pissed off. I mean, what?s the point of going to a game if their not planning on winning. Now the time is here, and they are back to the same crap again and you guys eat it up?every time.
Don?t take my word, watch when the season starts.
And, all of those hugh contracts you speak of was for players with burned out knees. Well, guess what? What about Amare?s knees?do you recognize another pattern? If you can?t understand my comments then its best for you to not comment on them?unless you need me to elaborate on them?like I?ve been doing.

The reason the Knicks got into such a mess was because Isiah never wanted to rebuild. Imagine what the knicks could have been without those horrendous trades and kept our draft picks.

Now that we're finally doing a decent job rebuilding, people whine about not getting washed up players like arenas/iverson/camby. I'm sure they're the ones that want Mcgrady back and starting too.

We've got a fun young team with lots of upside that we can see grow. We're not done with moves yet either. Curry can be moved easily and at worst we'll have some nice trade chips for the next two FA markets.

Its unwise to bet on the unproven...

Washed up? I beg to differ?
Trust me when I say AI, Camby and Gilbert will be playing in the league again. If it?s not on the Knicks then they will see what they missed out on when these players I mentioned play against the inexperienced Knicks.

Isaiah was an enemy to NY and I never understood the reason for getting him in the first place. But he did bring Marbury who I think could have done well if he had at least 2 or more other experienced guys... thats the formula to success.
Experience always beats youth, and that?s fact.

mafra

Legend

Easy. In 1999 everything changed for this team and went downhill. We just shocked the world, and upset the #1 seeded MIA Heat.... Went to the Finals, and all seemed golden.

1- BUt this was when the front office decided Ewing was no longer necessray
2- We had the worst draft in the history of the franchise.

Of course, by now, it's legendary that we drafted F-Weiss (Frenchy) one pick ahead of local hero Ron Artest. BY few forget the next pick, in the 2nd round, when we drafted J.R. Koch (Manu Ginobili went 11 picks later).

The next year, to atone for passing on the St John's star, we drafted a Redman (L-Postell). A few picks later MIchael Redd was drafted.

RIGHT THERE, we had blown any shot we had at a smooth post-Ewing trandsition.

Camby-Spree-with Artest, Manu & Redd. If we had Manu & Redd, we wouldn't have felt pressure to offer HOUSTON the max, and would have resigned him to a reasonable ccontract.

Then the stupid Ewing deal brought back bad contracts. We traded for Marbury (allowing PHO to clear space to sign Nash).

That 2001 1st rounder could have been G-Wallace or T-Parker, Heywood or Dalembert, Arenas....

In 2002, instead of trading for Mcdyess we could have drafted Nene or Stoudemire.

All of a sudden, if we simply allowed Ewing's contract to expire, and not made foolish trades.... We could have featured a lineup like:

Steve Nash (free agent) or Tony Parker (draft)
Manu Giniboli with M-Redd our 6th man
Ron Artest
Amar'e Stoudemire
Marcus Camby

How would that team have looked 2003-present? Heck, you could argue last year we would have made a run!

clumsy

Rotation player
you mean Iverson's body isn't shot?

Camby's body isn't shot?

Hell even Gilberts body isn't shot....

You just hating for the sake of hating. What experience do those 3 players have in winning?????

you mean Iverson's body isn't shot?

Camby's body isn't shot?

Hell even Gilberts body isn't shot....

You just hating for the sake of hating. What experience do those 3 players have in winning?????

the same winning experience Lebron, Stat and Mello had with no true good group of guys around them. Are you saying Stat, AI, Gilbert and Amare can't make a better run together than the group of guys we currently have?

clumsy

Rotation player
Yeah i think if we had Gilbert + AI we would have all sorts of chemistry issues.

However i think jsut Gilbert could help us. Also Camby is too old and we possibly have a better player in A Randolph

iJoe

Rotation player
Take a look at how the thunder have grown with a young core each year. They haven't made any big moves and are one of the easiest teams to root for.

Granted they have Durant, but each team needs a star and we have one now.

Look at his supporting cast and tell me how they're much better than what we have now.

Theres too much focus on stars and not enough on a good team that works well together.

Also, how can you tell me with a straight face that AI is still a star? Short player with shaky jumper that can't get past defenders anymore, yet still needs to massage the ball to be happy? He should have retired a long time ago. Bigs can get better with age, shortys have the smallest window.

Camby was always an overrated defender who likes to shoot a little too much. He's so eager to pad his numbers that he always goes for the shot block. Smart teams always draw him out or shot fake him off the ground and rotate the ball. Great player against bad teams, horrible when matched against good teams.

Arenas is too shaky with all the injuries. Very very turnover prone. Another player who needs the ball constantly in his hands. Has a wonderful contract to boot.

Mcgrady was a better player than all of them, yet I don't hear you say anything about him and how well he fared last year.

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
the same winning experience Lebron, Stat and Mello had with no true good group of guys around them. Are you saying Stat, AI, Gilbert and Amare can't make a better run together than the group of guys we currently have?

Really, what can Iverson bring at this point; he's practically washed up! AI has not been affective for the past 3 seasons! Gilbert would be a good person to have on the team if he wasn't a max contract. You contradict yourself when you say the knicks are doing the same ol' thing and then you go and suggest bringing in the max contract of Arenas; a 6' 4" shooting guard that is a dominate ball hog. You yourself stated you don't follow the Knicks anymore and that is so apparent in your negativity towards Chandler, Walker and Gallinari. If you have been watching the Knicks regullarly you would have seen Walker just become so explosive when he finally got a chance to play minutes. You would have seen Chandler progress every year since coming into this league and you would have seen Gallinari start to show signs of what was expected of him when he was drafted. The knicks are going in the right direction and as long as they keep from making dumb counter cap moves; they will be fine for years.

GetRealistic

Starter
Wouldn't Arenas, Iverson and Camby help us win more games?

If it was 2002 they'd help us win games... And even in 2002 they wouldn't help us win to many games.

BTW Arenas and Camby are both under contract, and we made it pretty obvious last season we had no interest in Iverson... This ain't NBA Live this is the real world.