We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
David Lee plays better defense down low then Amare, and he's a better rebounder. On top of that, Amare wont dive for a ball, never. David Lee would jump 10 feet and dive into the stands to save a loose ball, if you think Amare would do anything close to that you're fooling yourself.

Ummm I have a hard time thinking that David is better defensively then Amare. Also this isn't college. I don't see people diving on the floor that much in the reg season as opposed to in the playoffs. David was a heart and hustle player and will be missed, but to say that he is better then Amare at the defensive end at being a presence in the middle that is something I can't get on board with. If that were true then we would not have given up easy layups last year on a regular and consistent basis and David would have been a key to preventing that. He wasn't unfortunately.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
Great thread. I agree 100%, Metro is on point on this one.

Miami just traded Beasley to the Wolves to make room for The Queen's salary. They'll have Chalmers, Bosch, Wade, The Queen and a bunch of minimums. The rest of the association hates them so no one will be helping them build their team any time soon. Sorry to see D. Lee go, he was our warrior, but Golden State's hooking us up; he's their warrior now and I wish him all the success in the world. Anyway, not only would Miami be very beatable, they'd be a whole lot of fun to beat. Our future as a team is a lot brighter than the Heat's in my opinion. It will get really messy in Miami when the Wade-Queen honeymoon is over. Bosch? F%^$k Bosch!!! He's a bigger Queen than The Queen... He's got lowpostphobia. You better believe STAT is better then Bosch. Can't wait to see STAT do a Starks on them and dunk on their over-rated 3.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Stoudimire is honestly a top 3 big man in the NBA, at worst. Potential to play as the best in the league. Most dynamic scorer at his position and clearly an unstoppable force and an awesome first option to have on offense. His scoring from inside range will make our offense much more efficient. Plus the fact Amare can give you 9-10 rebounds 1-2 blocks a game and hit the mid range J just makes everything sweet.

Randolph is only 20...he's an athletic point forward who can handle the ball, rebound, and block shots. I see him average 14 ppg 9 rebs and 1.8 blk with 2.9 assist

Gallinari, you guys know the deal. I expect him to put up Rashard Lewis type numbers for us plus more...he's a huge threat...and a perfect compliment to Amare.

Turiaf can pass, block shots, defense, rebound and bring energy...a player who plays to win and will bring alot of good energy to the locker room. Glad to have this tough happy son of a bitch on our team.

Azubuike...explosive athlete with long arms, solid defense with 3pt range...excels in the open court...ala the full court fast break D'Antoni offense. Perfect player off the bench.

Walker...one of the best leapers in the NBA, smooth player with a skilled game and a bag of tricks. 3pt range. Potential to be a good defender. Dedicated worker, lost 20 pounds this summer...expect more quickness and agility from an already established slasher. Plays above the rim like no one else. 15 ppg potential...JR Smith type numbers.

Douglas...another guy who can defend and hit the 3...awesome combo guard who can score off the bench or as a starter.

Chandler...Rudy Gay's depressed cousin. He can produce numbers even when playing lathargic. Great post defender, can rebound and slash. Just needs to stay way from the 3pt line and try to play like Marion.

I'm loving this team right now. I really am happy. We have a nice young squad.

I don't want LeBron here...I want us to win a championship without selling our franchise to a scumbag.

Lets rejoyce and be happy we're building a good team.

Thank you Donnie, thank you.

Co-sign. I'm happy as well and we do have a good team.

tiger0330

Legend
Metro - Nice post, it's coming together. After being crushed by Lebron, we need a little optimism around here. Donnie has some more money to spend so we can only get better.

Sage

Rotation player
I think we've got a playoff bound team, plus we've got cap room and a tradable Eddy Curry contract. The Knicks are definitely a more attractive option for any future free agents or trades.

I'm hoping all this Miami stuff is going to fuel some more Knicks/Heat rivalry and push us towards some excellent play against them.

-EDIT-

Also, I hope this fiasco now puts an end to the whole cheering for other team's players at MSG.

metrocard

Legend
LOL... GOOD TEAM? TOP 3 BIG MAN? Can beat Miami? Whats your definition of good team? better than the clippers, if so then yes we are a good team... Top 3 Big Man... Really son? so there are only 2 other big men in the NBA who you would rank above Amare? Well I'll just name a few big men over 6'10 not going to mention a position, since yha just eluded to big men....

Pao Gasol
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard
Yao Ming
Lamarcus Aldridge
Dirk Nowitzski
Chris Bosh

Now there are some people in that list that he is equal to in talent, but superior than any1 in that list... I dont think so.

The knicks will continue to be the same team, because they have the same mentality and thats because they have the same coach. and damn i'm tired of hearing people continuing to talk about this system that D'antoni has. for 2 years that so called system has had the knicks win 33 games. When exactly is it time for us to say the system is flawed. When does it become time to say that the coach is not as good as his resume showed?

Fire the coach, then I believe the Knicks can begin the process of becoming a decent team, who can become good.

Ming isn't even healthy to play basketball...do you realize he's still in rehab you idiot. You don't even follow the NBA, just pull shit out of your ass.
Duncan is old and isn't better than Amare overall.
Gasol plays with Kobe, that doesnt make him better than Amare head to head.
Aldrige? You're a moron.
Dirk is not better than Amare. At shooting? Yes. Everything else, no.
Bosh is a gay version of Dirk, so you have to be a moron to believe he edges Amare.

You're just a sad hater man...this whole gimmick sucks and reading your post has been ****ing painful. You sound like someone who can't get over their ex. Just let the shit go and be a logical fan.

Same mentality?
Knicks just acquired 3 defensive caliber players with two shot blockers in Randolph and Turiaf and a Raja Bell clone in Azubuike. You're WRONG on that one cowboy.

The Knicks won 33 games because they were REBUILDING you dickface. Duhon was logging 37 minutes a game, what the hell you EXPECT?

Fire the coach? D'Antoni hasn't even had a chance yet, you need to sit your ass down and watch this team gel. D'Antoni is part of the rebuilding process. Firing the coach would just make us start over again and it'll take longer to rebuild.

Jim, you're a Bulls fan and the worst poster on the site...of course you're going to disapprove of this. You're upset because the Knicks didn't acquired MIDWEST losers like Isiah would of done? We have good pieces...go cheer for LeBron's punk midwest ass like you would do on the DL. You're the biggest disgrace on this site.

When was the last time the Knicks had an All NBA team player, All star caliber, top 3 big man? Patrick Ewing. If you don't think Amare won't make an impact in NY, then you're straight up BUGGIN' out.

Stop hating if you can't back it up with facts.

Amare has potential to play VERY good defense. Research his history.

mafra

Legend
That's the attitude. I love what Noah said last night, "We got Boozer. We are good. At least we'll be able to fight!"

The bottom line: The 2010 NYK team will be a much-improved team. Light years ahead of the 2008-2009 teams.

ORL-CHI-MIL-BOS-ATL will all be solid teams. Toss in MIA obviously. We are right there fighting for the 5-8 seed in the Eastern Conference. Bring it!

According to theknicksblog.com: Odom on Randolph

""It's like looking in the mirror a little. He's 6'11." He's left-handed, and he can put the ball on the floor. He's two times as athletic as I was at that age. If he stays focused, the sky is the limit for him."

NOW, in terms of beating the heat.... The blueprint should be taken from the 90s Knicks teams (even though it never really worked against MJ), and that is you attack MIA and it's two potent super-uber wing players with a tough, physical potent frontcourt!

MIA has BOSH and not much else down low. STAT, RANDOLPH, TURIAF, CURRY & JORDAN, on paper look like they'll massacre MIA in the paint.

That's a start. LJ & WADE will do their thing. But if Douglas can run circles around Chalmers, and Gallo hits the 3s.... If LJ/WADE are forced to hit jumpers and clank a few in the 4th.... We have a shot.

NOW, imagine if the Eddy Curry of a few years ago, the EC fighting for his next contract, imagine if he returns to 75percent of the offensive player he once was....

How does MIA stop the Knicks in the paint, when we could showcase STAT, RANDOLPH & CURRY dunking balls left and right? BOSH wont be able to do much against that.

Go bucket for bucket.

Just like the 90s, we'll be in the game and have our shot. Even if the outcome is the same, at least it'll be exciting (and at least we get a chanc ehopefully to avenge those tough Ewing defeats to MJ, even if in an odd sort of way).

Restore balance to the universe!

LET'S ALSO REMEMBER, we haven't finished rounding out the roster yet!

Sit back and watch the kids improve, watch STAT lead, hope we catch a break and avoid HEAT until the the EC Finals... And then, like NOAH said: GIve it our best shot and fight!

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
im excited about our young team . and happy about stat

amare is more than a banger he is a leader something we desperate needed , some1 that knows the system already

amare was on the western conference , a tuff spot to be in if your a big man , now he comes to the eastern were he will bang

but a playoff team maybe ..

with some other few moves here and i say PLAYOFFS HELL YEAH

I hope Melo finds the whole Miami circle jerk classless and it drives him to want nothing more than to piss on their championship party plans.
Maybe the Nuggets come around eventually and we get him this season.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Im actually shocked GS gave us all that talent for David Lee.

Add in Andy Rautins, Jerome Jordan, and Landry Fields.

We may have ourselves a helluva supporting cast.

We shoulda chose Lance Stephenson now hindsight.

We still dont have a go to guy.

Man, if we can land Carmelo somehow, it would be beyond bittersweet. Hometown product/hero/shoveitdownLeDivasThroat

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
I hope Melo finds the whole Miami circle jerk classless and it drives him to want nothing more than to piss on their championship party plans.
Maybe the Nuggets come around eventually and we get him this season.

yeah ur right

u know wats the funny thing lala was on hot97 and she said

"Melo is thinking about New York ... but I don't really wanna stomp on the city of Denver cause it's been a great place"

really sounded like she gave it away. she did say that there are other factors though. just cause he wants NY doesn't mean it's a done deal.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I refuse to believe Carmelo Anthony is going to the Knicks. Thats my fav player and don't believe it till I see it. I wish he would play tuffer defense, but his offensive game is second to no one. Melo makes makin baskets look easy. Pure scorer is the label I give him.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
I refuse to believe Carmelo Anthony is going to the Knicks. Thats my fav player and don't believe it till I see it. I wish he would play tuffer defense, but his offensive game is second to no one. Melo makes makin baskets look easy. Pure scorer is the label I give him.

jea ur right and after this lebron fiasco .... i dont wanna go tru that crap again ... makin dream roster scenarios:boohoo:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
WE PLAY NO DEFENSE WHAT SO EVER. NONE! ZERO!

And here's a news flash, Amare doesnt play defense ether. This team sucks, we'll put up 110, and loss becaue we gave up 118.

We don't play defense? You mean our completely new roster of players who are now taller, younger and better defenders? How do you know what this team is going to do? How do you know what other moves we will make? GTFOH...don't you have a lame Youtube video to spam? It's better than hearing this drivel.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
We don't play defense? You mean our completely new roster of players who are now taller, younger and better defenders? How do you know what this team is going to do? How do you know what other moves we will make? GTFOH...don't you have a lame Youtube video to spam? It's better than hearing this drivel.

ur right

now we have more guys that play defense . turiaf , randolph , douglas , just to name a few

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Ming isn't even healthy to play basketball...do you realize he's still in rehab you idiot. You don't even follow the NBA, just pull shit out of your ass.
Duncan is old and isn't better than Amare overall.
Gasol plays with Kobe, that doesnt make him better than Amare head to head.
Aldrige? You're a moron.
Dirk is not better than Amare. At shooting? Yes. Everything else, no.
Bosh is a gay version of Dirk, so you have to be a moron to believe he edges Amare.

You're just a sad hater man...this whole gimmick sucks and reading your post has been ****ing painful. You sound like someone who can't get over their ex. Just let the shit go and be a logical fan.

Same mentality?
Knicks just acquired 3 defensive caliber players with two shot blockers in Randolph and Turiaf and a Raja Bell clone in Azubuike. You're WRONG on that one cowboy.

The Knicks won 33 games because they were REBUILDING you dickface. Duhon was logging 37 minutes a game, what the hell you EXPECT?

Fire the coach? D'Antoni hasn't even had a chance yet, you need to sit your ass down and watch this team gel. D'Antoni is part of the rebuilding process. Firing the coach would just make us start over again and it'll take longer to rebuild.

Jim, you're a Bulls fan and the worst poster on the site...of course you're going to disapprove of this. You're upset because the Knicks didn't acquired MIDWEST losers like Isiah would of done? We have good pieces...go cheer for LeBron's punk midwest ass like you would do on the DL. You're the biggest disgrace on this site.

When was the last time the Knicks had an All NBA team player, All star caliber, top 3 big man? Patrick Ewing. If you don't think Amare won't make an impact in NY, then you're straight up BUGGIN' out.

Stop hating if you can't back it up with facts.

Amare has potential to play VERY good defense. Research his history.

Yao not being healthly, Duncan being old still make them equal or even better than Stat... and since it seems you don't watch basketball, i'll provide you a comparison to Duncan and Stat

compare.jpg

Now old azz Duncan shouldn't even be close to young azz top 3 Amare now should he.. fvckin idiot, watch a game, and learn about basketball. I could go through the entire list and compare but if YOU watched basketball you would already know these stats and know how Amare is NOT a top 3 BIG.

And im glad you could read the words that I type, but its a shame you can't comprehend them. it's not your fault though i guess its all the time ya spend on the trains selling candy to put money in your pockets or to help your basketball team. idiot. I am not sh*tting on Amares talent, I'm shitting on the money that was given to Amare. he's a real good, one of the best big men in the leage (NOT TOP 3) ... but he's not worth a max contract. His contract should have been right around what Lee and Boozer received. maybe a tad bit more but the 100 million range was a desperate act by disgusting management of Donnie Walsh in his attempt to possibly lure one of those other guys here. it was a gamble, like these past two years have been, and he lost miserably.

And yes the Knicks did just acquire some guys, now you state they can play defense, maybe thats true, but Golden State Warriors were one of the worst defensive teams in the league, they allowed the most points, they were the worst rebounding, and were one of the worst at blocking shots... now, i want you to honestly say that someone coming from the kind of coach that Don Nelson is, and going into the practically the same kind of situation in ny will all of a sudden take on a defensive mindset. There is a chance, but the overwhelming probability is that it won't happen. NOT with D'antoni as coach.
And remember this is the same D'antoni who let Jordan Hill, and Toney Douglas who were said to be decent defenders rot on the bench for the majority of the season. How do you guys continue to have faith in this cocksucka to believe he will all of a sudden allow so called defensive minded players to actually see light on the court

And again I challenge you and other d'antoni dick huggers on that fact. He didn't have anyone these 3 years? The bucks had better players than the Knicks??? HELL NO... But the Bucks made it to the playoffs. Why, because they had a coach who knew that defense and good play calling wins games. The knicks didn't have a championship team this year or the year prior, but each year they had a team decent enough to compete for the playoffs. Mike D'antoni worthlessness as a coach prevented that. Its a shameful that you guys are unable to see that. You killed Larry Brown after one season, Lenny Wilkins was gone after one, Don Cheanny after a couple seasons, but for putting up a worthless record with decent players, you guys praise d'antoni??? C'mon now!!

Its good to be optimistic and show team loyalty, but at the same time its also good to call a spade a spade, this team is maybe slightly better than our team last year. We still don't have a point guard, we still don't have a legit 2 guard (maybe walker can be that 2, but its still a MAYBE) You guys need to stop smoking dat sh*t and start seeing things for what they are. The knicks have a team that can compete for the playoffs. THATS IT. but the knicks had a team that could have competed for the playoffs last year as well... see what happened then?

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
Too many people expected an instant champioinship contender. We're much, much better than last year....on paper at least and considering the upside of this young team. That's fine with me.

We just need to get rid of Curry and the Isiah stink will at least leave the building.

iSaYughh

Starter
Amare seems to be regaining the peak explosiveness and confidence that, pre-injury-, so many agreed made him a nearly revolutionary, unstoppable player. He reminded me of what LT did for linebacking in some ways.

25+ppg, multi-blocks, with masterful efficiency achieved through dominant, can't-be-contained ability.

Contract still scares me because of his age and injury history, but if he stays in shape and motivated we can't ask for much more and he'll be a force.

He isn't injury "prone". It was a freakish thing. But it happened. And there's an added risk for an obliteration if he comes down wrong on it as a result.

I'm most excited by the cap we still have left and the new contracts to trade.

If we can't seem to get Parker/Collison/KahnPG:

Ridnour-Douglas
Walker-Andy
Gallo-Chandler-Azzy
Amare-TyrusT
Randolph-Jordan

Should be able to sign Ridnour/Tyrus with n?w cap assuming FA's dint start holding us hostage because of LeBastard whiff.

We'd then have Curry and other expirings ready to be dealt.

Let's pray Walsh spends the rest of the cap wisely (no bidding war for Mike Miller type bullshit)