We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

metrocard

Legend
So you mean to tell me that Cap Shedding now means throwing in the towel and having a crap season or two? Gallo, Chandler, Lee, Nate, were players with talent..shiiit even Douglas, Hill, Harrington can be said to have talent. Put a good coach in and they would produce as such.

You are a fool and its easy to tell this. The knicks with a different coach and the same players would have proven that they were a better team than the 30+ wins these past two seasons. Mike D'antoni was a bad choice when he was 1st selected and is still a bad coach... have you seen Knick games these past two years? Have you seen him do anything that you can say was a good move... how bout fouling when up by 3 and less than 10 seconds to go... NOPE he never did that. How bout doubling big men when they were using David Lee in the low post ... NOPE he never did that.. how about utilizing a consistent starting 5.. NOPE he never did that. Defense.. NOPE he never did that.. How about coaching Team Rebounding... NOPE he never did that... What is the job of a Head Coach again?

How can you throw in the towel when you weren't in the FIGHT?

Knicks were a bad team regardless.
If we kept doing Isiah's route of ignoring cap space we would of remained bad.

Walsh did a MIRACLE and got us cap space.

D'Antoni is the best coach we had since Lenny Wilkins.

mafra

Legend

It's funny. All this talk about Thomas being sent, as a last ditch effort, to lure Lebron.... Kinds of misses the mark... How bad was IT?

His final nail on the coffin was hammered home this Summer:

1- UTAH had our first round pick. We might have kept Jeffries and sent him with this pick before the draft (to shed his contract). We would still have our 2012 1st rounder then. Or we could have drafted somebody. Who knows. Still stunk to watch Utah get our selection.

2- IF Eddy Curry wasn't here, had we not traded for him.... Forget fact we could have drafted T-Thomas and J-Noah, but we would have had enough cap space to sign 3 max contracts!

IT still lives.... and haunts us!

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer

We actually were in the fight. Started 6-3 that season....we played well in the final minutes
Beat teams like miami, utah, Atlanta...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
OK, we started 6-3. Big deal.

We weren't going anywhere. At best we would've been a #7 seed, and we would've gotten crushed by the Magic and/or the Cavs. Worst of all? That would've happened for 3 years in a row.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Paul
Amare
Team full of young promising productive players

>

Wade
LeBron
Bosh

Team full of old vets

my stance exactly and i think if we get Paul then anthony isnt really needed. cause we'd have youth and players who could take over as the 3rd star on the team such as Gallo and or Randolph thats more then enough and Paul and STAT complement each others game perfectly so if we could work out a trade for him were set in my opinion

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Paul
Amare
Team full of young promising productive players

>

Wade
LeBron
Bosh

Team full of old vets

I don't agree. We would go down, but with no bullets left..

I could only see it happening if Gallo gets like 19 ppg 5 boards and 4 dimes.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't say Paul is coming here for sure. I remember last year, everyone was so hopeful and confident about LeBron coming to New York. So, I wouldn't get too excited.

A lot of players (especially stars) will meet with other teams to put more pressure on their team to improve. If the team sees that their star wants to leave, they will do anything in their power to keep him there. I think Paul is trying to get a championship team in New Orleans and is just using the possibility of going to the Knicks as a bargaining chip to force his current team to improve. For example, Kobe Bryant with Chicago.

We definately can't beat the Miami Heat as it stands. LeBron, Wade and Bosh are a superteam, plus they'll sign some decent veterans for the minimum (who wouldn't want to play on that team). We have Amare Stoudemire and some young talent. LeBron could beat the Knicks without any stars on his team, so can Dwayne Wade. I'd be happy if we made into the playoffs this year, because we haven't been there in so long and we're capable of that.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
If the Knicks get Rudy Fer, and this Russian kid has game, we can take down the Heat. Lechoke needs the Heimlich Maneuver in the playoffs, which is why ABCD and I did not want him. I did want Wade, but whatever. A Rudy Fer and Ray Felt backcourt is, IMO, elite. Remember how good Fer was in the Olympics, against the U.S.A., during the gold game?

And, in the playoffs, Stat will destroy Bosh, one-on-one, in any situation. All the Heat have is Wade, and Lechoke will infect him with his curse and his mom.

Lechoke=young V.C.

metrocard

Legend
If the Knicks get Rudy Fer, and this Russian kid has game, we can take down the Heat. Lechoke needs the Heimlich Maneuver in the playoffs, which is why ABCD and I did not want him. I did want Wade, but whatever. A Rudy Fer and Ray Felt backcourt is, IMO, elite. Remember how good Fer was in the Olympics, against the U.S.A., during the gold game?

And, in the playoffs, Stat will destroy Bosh, one-on-one, in any situation. All the Heat have is Wade, and Lechoke will infect him with his curse and his mom.

Lechoke=young V.C.

Co-sign

Felton
Fernandez
Gallinari
Stoudimire
Radolph

is a BETTER complimentary team than

Arroyo
LeBron
Wade
Bosh
Big Z

Arroyo Wade and Bosh all score from mid range, their styles will clash and create traffic, a lot of cogestion.

LeBron's jumper isn't that strong so he will slash alot. Randolph can easily stop him with his shot blocking.

Felton is a speed guy who can pass and score a little bit. Fernandez when healthy is an all star type talent, same with Gallinari. These two will stretch out the floor and both can pass the ball, high IQ players. Amare is the best inside scorer in the NBA.

We can potentially have a GREAT team guys, I'm talking about 50 wins here.

KBlack25

Starter
Co-sign

Felton
Fernandez
Gallinari
Stoudimire
Radolph

Arroyo
LeBron
Wade
Bosh
Big Z

Arroyo Wade and Bosh all score from mid range, their styles will clash and create traffic, a lot of cogestion.

LeBron's jumper isn't that strong so he will slash alot. Randolph can easily stop him with his shot blocking.

Felton is a speed guy who can pass and score a little bit. Fernandez when healthy is an all star type talent, same with Gallinari. These two will stretch out the floor and both can pass the ball, high IQ players. Amare is the best inside scorer in the NBA.

We can potentially have a GREAT team guys, I'm talking about 50 wins here.

I agree with you, but the problem is:

I don't give a **** about 50 wins.

I don't give a **** about 60 wins.

I don't give a **** about 70 wins.

I care about 16 wins in the playoffs, that's it. I care about rings. Isn't this what it's all about? Rings?

I agree we can be really competitive. Gallo HAS to work on his footwork. I've said it over and over, imagine if this guy put in WORK to get the 100% perfect footwork and balance of Dirk. We would have Amare, The New Dirk, and possibly Amare 2.0 (Anthony Randolph) WITH a running PG. But we need things to work out.

I have faith in Felton, I know you earlier did not like this guy. But look at our games with Charlotte...we tried to out run their Larry Brown half-court style and we got blown out of the building and Felton put up HUGE numbers...Why? Because when we ran, they ran, and that's where Felton thrives. Honestly, Felton can put up stellar numbers...if Duhon can rack up a 22 assist game, imagine what Felton, a young running PG who thrived throwing alley-oops to G-Wall against us, could do with what I think could be TWO Amare Stoudemires.

I think Fernandez would be a good pick up...If the deal is Walker for Fernandez I'm doing that deal in a heartbeat (frees up Chandler to be packaged with Curry for any sort of upgrade). Fernandez would give us a TRUE SG.

I do believe in this team...but honestly it doesn't matter how many games we win, the ring is what counts...that's what this is all about. Having a competitor will be nice after a decade of being terrible...but at the end of the day, the rings are what matter.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton is going to tear this system up.

Duhon served as an OK PG for some of the time here, and he was out of shape and couldn't shoot for crap.

Felton on the other hand is one of the fastest players in the NBA

mafra

Legend
Duhon-Lee thrived in the system at times; and excelled running the pick-n-roll together. BUT, as good as they were at times the opponent could shut that duo down in the crunch.

Felton-Stat will take this to the next level. It'll be what we saw from Duhon-Lee times three! AND, even when opponenet's try to shut it down in the 4th, this new duo will still make it happen.

Felton-Stat will be so much better that this will help improve the game of Chandler-Gallo.

I just can't fathom how people are donwplaying what R-FEL means to this team, and how much of an improvement over Chris Duhon he is. Duhon is a party-player who likes the nightlife and is sort of interested in winning. Felton is a warrior who will leave it all on the floor.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
Felton
Fernandez
Gallinari
Stoudimire
Radolph

Arroyo
LeBron
Wade
Bosh
Big Z

I am a diehard knicks fan and I cant agree with that statement. For one I think Lebron will play the 1 with Mike Miller at the 3. Second off, maybe our players compliment each others talents better but there are FAR LESS talents to begin with. I think that Miami ( with a lebron wade miller bosh big z lineup) tops us at the point, sg, sf, and center as of right now. I see pf as a tie but its really not close at anywhere else other than Miller and gallo which might be a wash. We are not potentially great, our potential is a 5 seed our best possibility is an 8. Dont blow things out of proportion.

metrocard

Legend
I agree with you, but the problem is:

I don't give a **** about 50 wins.

I don't give a **** about 60 wins.

I don't give a **** about 70 wins.

I care about 16 wins in the playoffs, that's it. I care about rings. Isn't this what it's all about? Rings?

I agree we can be really competitive. Gallo HAS to work on his footwork. I've said it over and over, imagine if this guy put in WORK to get the 100% perfect footwork and balance of Dirk. We would have Amare, The New Dirk, and possibly Amare 2.0 (Anthony Randolph) WITH a running PG. But we need things to work out.

I have faith in Felton, I know you earlier did not like this guy. But look at our games with Charlotte...we tried to out run their Larry Brown half-court style and we got blown out of the building and Felton put up HUGE numbers...Why? Because when we ran, they ran, and that's where Felton thrives. Honestly, Felton can put up stellar numbers...if Duhon can rack up a 22 assist game, imagine what Felton, a young running PG who thrived throwing alley-oops to G-Wall against us, could do with what I think could be TWO Amare Stoudemires.

I think Fernandez would be a good pick up...If the deal is Walker for Fernandez I'm doing that deal in a heartbeat (frees up Chandler to be packaged with Curry for any sort of upgrade). Fernandez would give us a TRUE SG.

I do believe in this team...but honestly it doesn't matter how many games we win, the ring is what counts...that's what this is all about. Having a competitor will be nice after a decade of being terrible...but at the end of the day, the rings are what matter.

God damn, thats an excellent point.

I was hating on Felton because I never been a fan of PG's with low FG% and a part of me wanting to sign Arroyo for a year and draft Kemba Walker, but those point made me change my mind.

As for playoffs, I think we'll be a good team. Kinda like the Hawks, make pass the first round maybe, but nothing else.

We need some growing to become elite, but we have the PIECES, they just need time to grow and I have the PATIENCE to wait, because it will be PLEASURE watching Gallinari and Randolph grow, and we can finally say that these prospects are homegrown Knicks(randolph in a way if he stays).

Thats just the satisfaction I get as a fan. I would be happy if we win 50 games, to me every game counts.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, I was at a Knicks-Bobcats game (on the same night as the BCS National Championship, actually) and I had to watch Felton torch us for 9 assists

KBlack25

Starter
God damn, thats an excellent point.

I was hating on Felton because I never been a fan of PG's with low FG% and a part of me wanting to sign Arroyo for a year and draft Kemba Walker, but those point made me change my mind.

As for playoffs, I think we'll be a good team. Kinda like the Hawks, make pass the first round maybe, but nothing else.

We need some growing to become elite, but we have the PIECES, they just need time to grow and I have the PATIENCE to wait, because it will be PLEASURE watching Gallinari and Randolph grow, and we can finally say that these prospects are homegrown Knicks(randolph in a way if he stays).

Thats just the satisfaction I get as a fan. I would be happy if we win 50 games, to me every game counts.

Very fair point...but eventually (sooner rather than later) you and I both know none of us are going to be happy with JUST a 50 win season...

We want Rings, period.

A 50-win season is a nice reprieve from what we had to endure, I 100% agree with you. But eventually that won't be enough without a ring...We have the pieces in place to build towards that.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
you need to do your research.

No, actually you need to do yours. Only proven nba player on the Knicks is Stat. Bosch, Wade and Lebron are already proven players. Miami's biggest question mark is chemistry, but then again so is the Knicks. More than half the team next year is new guys.

metrocard

Legend
No, actually you need to do yours. Only proven nba player on the Knicks is Stat. Bosch, Wade and Lebron are already proven players. Miami's biggest question mark is chemistry, but then again so is the Knicks. More than half the team next year is new guys.

Shut up.

Gallo and Randolph will be good, all stars even.