Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

Originally Posted by CoolGuyC
    Wouldn't Arenas, Iverson and Camby help us win more games?

Maybe, this year. But what happens in 2-3 years? We'll be looking for their replacements. Stay the course...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    But what happens in 2-3 years?
    D'Antoni playmaker !

Veteran

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    They will take financial cuts? The only player of the three thats free is A I. Arenas has a 100 mill left on his current contract. We'd have to do what you say you dont want us to do. Advertise our talent and then sell them off. Look I dont know how this season pans out, but I'm willing to give some of this young talent a chance to develop. Adding aging vets to this team would be the worst thing we could do.
    A.I had off the court issues...he wasn’t focused, but I’m sure he’s ready to make some noise again. I still think a person like him can easily thrive in the element known as the Garden. I’m sure he still can play and haves more heart than Marbury (even thou Marbury never truly had a supporting cast). And yes, the Knicks have young players (as always) and inexperienced….especially, for this current division.

To me, it looks like the norm with the Knicks Grab up a bunch of dudes and package them off. Why not for Gilbert? He’s proven and will do great with Amare…well seasoned players is what’s needed now. Going young and head strong will only lead to learning lessons on how to play. I’m tired of the Knicks taking players just to break them in to the NBA. Don't tell me you don't know this by now...

why would we take arenas Large multi year contract. Nice or not dude is obviously going to be a problem to deal with and you might not of heard this buy New York gives serious jail time to athletes with guns. Just ask Plexico

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Why don't you think these guys can fit in with Amare? They will take the financial cuts to play here and I'm sure they can out ball any of the newly aquired talent the knicks picked up this year. Besides, they are hungry just as well. The only iffy player may be Camby, but he'll fit in well with these core of EXPERIENCED guys.

But ofcorse, the Knicks brass dosen't have that type of winning insight. Their just a Marketing team for the rest of the NBA. They only advertise their talent so they can trade and/or sell them off.....no one can deny that. It's all they ever done sinse the Ewing days.
    Arenas doesn't pass the ball, he's a scoring/chucking combo guard who's taken a shot in his career, he's on the downhill, not the same player anymore.

Iverson is old, not even that fast anymore, he had his problems getting passed guys like Fisher. He lacks 3pt range, is 5"11, and can only play SG with his style, yet again, another Isiah like move.

Camby will always get respect, but he's old. I don't understand you. You cry about 3 good young players, but want 3 washed up guys for rentals.

Kelenna > Iverson Kelenna is young, athletic, can defend and hit 3's...things Iverson can't do.
    Randolph > Camby Randolph is basically Marcus Camby, but 20 years old with handle and offense.
    Turiaf > Arenas(we need rebounding/shot blocking) We already got our combo guard in Douglas.

You just totally killing your rep in this thread man...smh.

Superstar

All i know is for everyone bad mouthing the offseason moves and asking for former big names....ya'll just don't watch enough basketball..

Our roster makes complete SENSE top to bottom for the 1st time in 10 years. I really believe a lot of teams will be unable to take our frontcourt. If we get this russian dude....that is 3 big players who can play D and give fouls. Automatically that is at least 20 to 30 wins more. Add to the fact Azuibuke can play good permiter D, and we are looking at a hard nose squad that can score a good amount.

Doesn't that remind you of a certain team people watched in 1999

Superstar

All i know as constructed there are certain teams we cannot beat in the playoffs because we don't have a true #1 option. A true go to guy. I'm really not sure if Amare is that dude but We can get one next year in melo.

Until then....just stfu about Walsh and D'ANtoni and enjoy competitve 1st and possibly 2nd round playoff basketball

How could Arenas and Camby take finacial cuts if they are under contract? 4 years 80 million left on Arenas's contract scares the living **** outta me. Let Washington deal with him.

Camby just signed an extension, why would the Blazers trade him? And he's making double digit salary. NOO WAY...the guy's like 36. Not nearly as good as he used to be.

And idk what anyone sees in A.I. The guy is clearly not the same. I appreciate everything he did back when he was THE ANSWER. But he no longer is, but the problem is that he still thinks he is. So no to Iverson.

I mean if you really want us to suffer for another 3-4 years, then sure go ahead and get all three of them. Personally I've suffered enough, and enjoy the young athletic roster we have now.

Originally Posted by CoolGuyC
    The Knicks would be more fun to watch with those 3 guys.
    More fun to watch? What narcotics are you on???? I personally have seen enough of the "Jamal Crawford"/"Steve Francis"/"Starbury" days where the players held the ball and chucked awful shots. Iverson and Arenas on the same team sounds like the worst possible basketball ever. The Knicks were FUN to watch last year when everyone was unselfish and D-Lee was getting everyone involved. Then we were awful when Al Chuckington and others started to neglect team basketball in favor of their upcoming contracts. How would Arenas and Iverson on the same team be FUN to watch?? I think I'd puke after game one seeing those two on the same team.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Arenas doesn't pass the ball, he's a scoring/chucking combo guard who's taken a shot in his career, he's on the downhill, not the same player anymore.

Iverson is old, not even that fast anymore, he had his problems getting passed guys like Fisher. He lacks 3pt range, is 5"11, and can only play SG with his style, yet again, another Isiah like move.

Camby will always get respect, but he's old. I don't understand you. You cry about 3 good young players, but want 3 washed up guys for rentals.

Kelenna > Iverson Kelenna is young, athletic, can defend and hit 3's...things Iverson can't do.
    Randolph > Camby Randolph is basically Marcus Camby, but 20 years old with handle and offense.
    Turiaf > Arenas(we need rebounding/shot blocking) We already got our combo guard in Douglas.

You just totally killing your rep in this thread man...smh.

nice summary

lol @ possibly wanting Iverson and Arenas on the same team. That would instantly make us one of the most inefficient offenses in the history of basketball.

Veteran

Wow. We just recovered from salary cap hell; assembled a balanced, young team. To mold, and develop alongside already-legit players. And use said cap and chemistry and reputation to get a big beast to make us Pat The Rat exterminators....

And someone is demanding we sign:

Arenas (massive, nearly immovable contract loaded with franchise-crippling risk)

AI (the definition of a washed up ex-superstar)

Camby (36yr old multi-year contract big man when we have 4-5 young guys signed who are primed to explode)

None of these players have any business being on our team.

Signing them --might-- ensure us a playoff berth. It would also virtually ensure 1st round exits; or an Isiah-esque crippling of our franchise (eg Arenas).

All when we are finally primed to ball, contend, and feasibly reach for a dynasty?

Superstar

Signing those players would make the Knicks interesting, but for all the wrong reasons. Just watching Arenas/AI fighting for the ball and being unable to get past anyone would be comic.

Seriously, people pay way too much attention to the marketing of these "star" players and not real talent. Arenas was always an overrated turnover machine.

I think we can beat Miami too, i dont see how there gonna be able to get good role players to put around the faggit three. Bosh cant protect the basketball, Lebron and Wade can provide good help defense but for the most part the it should be easy to attack the rim against them. As a team we have alot of potential, its hard to predict exactly how good we'll be but im predictin at least 7th in the east

Smh @ the fags that immediately disagreed early in this thread just for the sake of disagreeing with a poster that repeatedly sons them. These clowns continue to show no logic everytime they post and bring down the overall quality of the site.

Arenas... Iverson... Camby... Knicks no better than last year...

Free agency brought a looooot of idiots to this forum

Veteran

You guys still want the young and dumb over experienced players, when will this end? The Knicks always go young just to advertise and trade them off, and you guys sit here acting like true Knick fans but have yet to recognize the pattern. I can’t believe you think these guys are going to compete in this division, or even stay Knicks. It’s a re-building process that will most definitely involve trading for big name people. The only difference now is that they have more resources to work with. NY/ the Garden is about Star power and Showtime, There will be none of that this year, with these current guys.
    <O</O
    I know for a fact that Iverson, Gilbert and Camby will do great with Amare….way better than any of the new guys that were brought in the last few days. If you doubt that than you really know nothing about balling and probably play way too much video games. This is the NBA, not the D-league.
    <O
    Don’t go getting all excited with the guys the Knicks have at the moment, they wont be here that long, and if they happen to make it out the summer untraded or waived…all it will take is getting ponder by all their division rivals for the first few games before all the trade talk for more experienced players start. You’ll all see the light once you open your eyes and stop dreaming. This is all they ever did…so stop lying to yourselves.
    <O
    Have no worries about my rep…my real rep is in the real world, and that is where it really counts. I’m tickled that you would even mention such a thing like that…without feeling the least bit embarrassed.
    <O
    But, don’t worry fellas. You won’t here me saying “I told you so”, I won’t rub it in when that time come….being a Knick fan is torture enough.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Arenas... Iverson... Camby... Knicks no better than last year...

Free agency brought a looooot of idiots to this forum
    With over a G in posts on a Knicks fan forum? Which are you....the kettle or the pot?

If you guys have nothing productive to share or can't present an arguement with some respect...I suggest you keep your unimportant comments to your self....you're only exposing your ass...to my big foot.