Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 298

Thread: We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

  1. #226
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    What part of cap shedding or rebuilding didn't you understand? They were not supposed to win or make the playoffs...if that were the case we would have kept Zbo and Crawford. Right, using logic and understanding a teams plan is dickhugging. If you say so than it must be true since you are the authority on all things **** related....little little man.
    So you mean to tell me that Cap Shedding now means throwing in the towel and having a crap season or two? Gallo, Chandler, Lee, Nate, were players with talent..shiiit even Douglas, Hill, Harrington can be said to have talent. Put a good coach in and they would produce as such.

    You are a fool and its easy to tell this. The knicks with a different coach and the same players would have proven that they were a better team than the 30+ wins these past two seasons. Mike D'antoni was a bad choice when he was 1st selected and is still a bad coach... have you seen Knick games these past two years? Have you seen him do anything that you can say was a good move... how bout fouling when up by 3 and less than 10 seconds to go... NOPE he never did that. How bout doubling big men when they were using David Lee in the low post ... NOPE he never did that.. how about utilizing a consistent starting 5.. NOPE he never did that. Defense.. NOPE he never did that.. How about coaching Team Rebounding... NOPE he never did that... What is the job of a Head Coach again?

  2. #227
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    So you mean to tell me that Cap Shedding now means throwing in the towel and having a crap season or two? Gallo, Chandler, Lee, Nate, were players with talent..shiiit even Douglas, Hill, Harrington can be said to have talent. Put a good coach in and they would produce as such.

    You are a fool and its easy to tell this. The knicks with a different coach and the same players would have proven that they were a better team than the 30+ wins these past two seasons. Mike D'antoni was a bad choice when he was 1st selected and is still a bad coach... have you seen Knick games these past two years? Have you seen him do anything that you can say was a good move... how bout fouling when up by 3 and less than 10 seconds to go... NOPE he never did that. How bout doubling big men when they were using David Lee in the low post ... NOPE he never did that.. how about utilizing a consistent starting 5.. NOPE he never did that. Defense.. NOPE he never did that.. How about coaching Team Rebounding... NOPE he never did that... What is the job of a Head Coach again?
    How about getting the coach the pieces he needs to run the offense we got him here for in the first place and judging him on what he does when he has more than a second rate team of mercenaries, also rans and never weres?

    YEP

  3. #228
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Well I on the other hand will disagree wit you and the many others on this board and say the talent level on the team wasn't bad the COACH WAS BAD... The Bucks didn't have a more talented team than the Knicks the Bobcats didn't have a more talented team than the Knicks, with the exception of Wade, The Heat didn't have a more talented team than the Knicks. I'm going on talent he and potential player by player.. So your premise is utterly wrong in my opinion.

    My point is the Knicks had the talent on the team to be more than a 30 win team, that didn't happen because the KNicks are one of the worst coached team in the league. The Knicks probably have the talent to win 40+ games this year and that probably won't happen again because the Knicks are still one of the worst coached teams in the league.

    Time for you D'antoni Dickhuggers to wise da fvck up already
    Actually the Bucks and Bobcats had one MAJOR thing the Knicks have not had for several years. A legit PG and a legit C (Jennings+Bogut, Felton+Chandler). Considering those are the 2 most important aspects of a winning NBA team it's pretty easy to realize why they are better than us.

    You go around labelling people D'antoni dickhuggers, it's pretty sad. If you had been reading this forum actively and took notice of people's opinions you'd realize most of the people you're calling dickhuggers have been bashing D'antoni several times over the last 2 years. However he does have a much higher level of talent available and players that fit his offensive run and gun style better now than ever. I would prefer a lot of coaches over D'antoni but guess what, they're not available.

    In fact there are very few coaches who have been available recently who I think would do a better job than D'antoni. Possibly Byron Scott, but you look at the talent he had in NO and how disappointing that team has been and questions arise.

    Bottom line is we are stuck with D'antoni for at least half of this season. Why not think positive about it? Whining about it now when we haven't even seen how this group is going to play seems pointless. Our team is 75% revamped, none of us have any idea how it's going to turn out. Judging on the talent of individual players it's easy to have optimism though.

    If we get to November with a .400 record I'll be calling for D'antoni's head too, until then, bitching about it is wasting your breath. He ain't going anywhere.

  4. #229
    Newbie LordStoudemire1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Actually the Bucks and Bobcats had one MAJOR thing the Knicks have not had for several years. A legit PG and a legit C (Jennings+Bogut, Felton+Chandler). Considering those are the 2 most important aspects of a winning NBA team it's pretty easy to realize why they are better than us.

    You go around labelling people D'antoni dickhuggers, it's pretty sad. If you had been reading this forum actively and took notice of people's opinions you'd realize most of the people you're calling dickhuggers have been bashing D'antoni several times over the last 2 years. However he does have a much higher level of talent available and players that fit his offensive run and gun style better now than ever. I would prefer a lot of coaches over D'antoni but guess what, they're not available.

    In fact there are very few coaches who have been available recently who I think would do a better job than D'antoni. Possibly Byron Scott, but you look at the talent he had in NO and how disappointing that team has been and questions arise.

    Bottom line is we are stuck with D'antoni for at least half of this season. Why not think positive about it? Whining about it now when we haven't even seen how this group is going to play seems pointless. Our team is 75% revamped, none of us have any idea how it's going to turn out. Judging on the talent of individual players it's easy to have optimism though.

    If we get to November with a .400 record I'll be calling for D'antoni's head too, until then, bitching about it is wasting your breath. He ain't going anywhere.
    I'm with you all the way man, so right we have to be confident this is really turning around for us, sure we may not be the best just yet but hey we actually have a shot of PLAYOFFS this year AND next year we will be even better

  5. #230
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I hope to god we get at least the 6 seed because, NO WE CAN'T BEAT MIAMI at this point. Or Boston.. Orlando might be possible. Throw Randolph on Howard and stop Howard now we are better than the Magic.

  6. #231
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    So you mean to tell me that Cap Shedding now means throwing in the towel and having a crap season or two? Gallo, Chandler, Lee, Nate, were players with talent..shiiit even Douglas, Hill, Harrington can be said to have talent. Put a good coach in and they would produce as such.

    You are a fool and its easy to tell this. The knicks with a different coach and the same players would have proven that they were a better team than the 30+ wins these past two seasons. Mike D'antoni was a bad choice when he was 1st selected and is still a bad coach... have you seen Knick games these past two years? Have you seen him do anything that you can say was a good move... how bout fouling when up by 3 and less than 10 seconds to go... NOPE he never did that. How bout doubling big men when they were using David Lee in the low post ... NOPE he never did that.. how about utilizing a consistent starting 5.. NOPE he never did that. Defense.. NOPE he never did that.. How about coaching Team Rebounding... NOPE he never did that... What is the job of a Head Coach again?
    Yea that's basically what I am saying. They played and tried to win every night but did not have a center, competent PG or star that could win them games. D'antoni may have had some questionable decisions but all coaches do and you are blowing everything out of proportion to justify your hate. I know you must think Phil Jackson is a genius when he hands the ball to Kobe and Kobe nails a fade away three pointer at the buzzer over two defenders...right? Fact is, wining changes everything but sadly we did not have a squad capable of that especially after each subsequent trade.

    Dude, you are a hater and it's easy to see by all the ample evidence you spew on this forum...maybe BP should try capping your mouth next. 200 million gallons of poorly written garbage has spewed since you joined. You are living in the past, prejudging our new team and not allowing D'ant a chance to coach a decent team. Hate...hate...hate. What were you raped by a white dude with a mustache? Sodomized by a Pringle can perhaps?
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Jul 16, 2010 at 09:09.

  7. #232
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    I hope to god we get at least the 6 seed because, NO WE CAN'T BEAT MIAMI at this point. Or Boston.. Orlando might be possible. Throw Randolph on Howard and stop Howard now we are better than the Magic.
    Knicks have a much deeper team.

  8. #233
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The Knicks have a deep roster and an excellent bench.

    Realize that at this point if Miami wants to make the playoffs LeBron/Wade/Bosh are each going to have to play 42 minutes a game

  9. #234
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    My point is, and still remains relevant that you guys are making all these excuses for D'antoni when no other coach for the Knicks have been given these many chances. I have seen a few people critizice D'antoni but only a few. the love you dickhuggers give him is incredible. The fact that you guys don't want to see the sense i'm making speaks volumes about you. I want the knicks succeed. I want ot see a championship, but I also know that with this guy as coach that won't happen. I know how portland fans felt now when Rick Adelman as coach. The fact that we hve a revamped lineup means nothing if the same philosophy is being taught. I like Felton, liked him since his days with the TarHeels, Anthony Randolph, in a few years will be seen as the prize of this 2010 off season, and Amare will hopefully be as good as he was last season.. with all that being said, D'antoni style of coaching will lead this team down the same road its been on in the past. There is no reason to wait for November to want the mans head to roll if he's been performing like shyt for 2 years.

    Ok Since you guys want to dwell on the past of what D'antoni did and his system and whatever the fvck you call it.. I wanna show you how ridiculous that is... Idiot d'antoni dickhuggers will of course not be able to follow the logic.. but hey what can i say about u fvcks

    So this is the logic a d'antoni dickhugger uses... D'antoni was good in the past, he did well, only thing is he came here and he didn't have the players he needed to run his "system" but Now he has his players and so now he will do good. That is 100% akin to saying Eddy Curry did well in 06-07 because he shot over 1000 times, 58% field goals, 20 points a game...hey then i guess all Eddy Curry needs is to have the ball to shoot 1000 times again and he'll be another offensive beast. Shiiit ya know what thats what i'll be running with until D'antoni gets fired... Eddy Curry can be good as long as he just shoots the ball 1000 times... Give Eddy Curry the ball... Don't hate on Curry... I'll use the D'antoni dickhugger logic... fvckin idiots

  10. #235
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The Knicks have a deep roster and an excellent bench.

    Realize that at this point if Miami wants to make the playoffs LeBron/Wade/Bosh are each going to have to play 42 minutes a game

    Right now,

    Chalmers
    Wade
    Lebron
    Bosh
    Haslem

    Bench: Miller (6th man), Ilguaskus, J-Howard

    Appears the roster is taking shape. They need a vet PG (would Alston or White Chocolate fill the void)? They also have their 3 second round picks (Pittman, Varnado, Butler). I see Jon Scheyer is playing on their Summer league team.

    Right now, if they stick to a tight 8-man rotation they should be fine.

    Obviously, they will be weak at PG. Wade or Lebron will have to handle the duties at times. BUt, they'll dominate 2nd stringers b/c (most likely) Wade or Lebron will be in the game at all times.

    This will probably wear them down by June....

    They basically need 1 vet PG, a vet wing player and 1 more big from being a complete team.

  11. #236
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Right now,

    Chalmers
    Wade
    Lebron
    Bosh
    Haslem

    Bench: Miller (6th man), Ilguaskus, J-Howard

    Appears the roster is taking shape. They need a vet PG (would Alston or White Chocolate fill the void)? They also have their 3 second round picks (Pittman, Varnado, Butler). I see Jon Scheyer is playing on their Summer league team.

    Right now, if they stick to a tight 8-man rotation they should be fine.

    Obviously, they will be weak at PG. Wade or Lebron will have to handle the duties at times. BUt, they'll dominate 2nd stringers b/c (most likely) Wade or Lebron will be in the game at all times.

    This will probably wear them down by June....

    They basically need 1 vet PG, a vet wing player and 1 more big from being a complete team.
    See...when we keep throwing out words like them finally being a "complete team", like them plugging up holes like almost every franchise has; we really are referencing them basically becoming the PERFECT team, which they prolly don't even need to be. (obv not perfect, but good enough).

    And the holes they have aren't exactly rocket science to fulfill.

    I still have hope for our Knicks and am relishing having them becoming a true contender. But we, and the league, have our work cut out.

    Look at what MIA already achieved as swiftly as people were still exhaling after saying they wouldn't be able to fill anything resembling a real rotation anytime soon.

    Th scary issue is that as these Veteran Ho's keep flocking to Pat The Rat, he is assembling an entirely separate brand and dream, within the NBA.

    The players aren't just competing in the NBA and contending, they are joining a historic juggernaut and tagging along to legendary immortality.

    Bull**** to me, but I sense that is what is starting to happen, and as these guys partake, it makes it more n more powerful a concept.

    My nba prediction is the same as it was even bfore the recent signings:

    MIA is essentially going to make mince meat of the league this year. It's going to take a dispersion of the 2011 FA class and a year for nba teams to enact vengeance and respond (us!!!!).
    Last edited by iSaYughh; Jul 16, 2010 at 14:27.

  12. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    "If you cant beat em' shoot em;"-gilbert arenas

  13. #238
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we can take Miami right now. Now, if we go out and get a CP3 or Melo, that might be a different story depending upon what we give up, but right now not a chance.

  14. #239
    Newbie GRIM REAPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DEATH VALLEY,CAL
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    miami is like SHOWTIME back inda 80's

  15. #240
    Superstar th3realicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    7

    Default



    We can't blame the guy, for knowing his position.

Similar Threads

  1. Fire D'antoni!!!
    By johnstarky in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2012, 16:42
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2010, 16:55
  3. The team to beat.....if D'Antoni was gone
    By BrianMan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2010, 23:10
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. Dream Team
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2003, 12:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •